• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am worried about the reception thing. We have pretty poor reception as it is up here in Backward bay, so any further issues will just make life miserable

Dan link said:
I am worried about the reception thing. We have pretty poor reception as it is up here in Backward bay, so any further issues will just make life miserable

Geez I live in the sticks at Junee and the Vodafone coverage here is excellent.

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184012.msg284646#msg284646 date=1281921843]

Geez I live in the sticks at Junee and the Vodafone coverage here is excellent.
[/quote]

This is the sticks mate. Hervey Bay and we have 1 Optus tower that was put in a bad position so major parts of Hervey bay have very poor reception. Telstra seems pretty good though.

It's a joke and the backward residents rejected a proposal for a second tower out at Dundowran that would have been out of the way and solved all the issues.

Bloody inbred hicks!

Just a question guys (a stupid one to those who understand these things) but I was wondering if you lose your apps and music if you  update the software version - 4.0.2 in this case.
Thanks.

Depends which version you are coming from.

When I went from 3.x to 4.0 I lost my music but apps stayed. Just sync it first

Oh meant to say but didn't lose anything when going from 4.0 to 4.1

So, still considering picking up this cleverly marketed piece of rubbish folks?

Apple iPhone 4 users are reporting another issue with the smartphone: photos obscured by an annoying coloured tinge.

Fan forums have been littered with users who say their photos are being tainted by blue, yellow and green splotches.

Apple has already had to address user concern over an antenna issue with the device, which, if held a certain way, degrades the iPhone 4's network performance when connecting to mobile towers.

To address that issue, dubbed "Antennagate", the company decided it would give its users free cases, which it predicted could cost the company $US175 million ($200m) in revenue. The free case, or "bumper", fixes the issue.

Just weeks after the Antennagate controversy, Mark Papermaster, the Apple executive in charge of iPhone engineering, left the company.

Australian tech blog Techau.tv today reports that the image issue appears to only occur when taking images with the rear-facing camera under fluorescent indoor lighting conditions.

It says the problem causes photos to "have a blue tint that appears as a circle from the centre of the photo".

"The tint is so bad it renders photos under these conditions effectively useless," it says.

The issue also appears to affect the front-facing camera, although not as severely.

A Google search reveals that the issue is widespread, with many forum users revealing they too have the issue.

Apple's official support forum shows users complaining of an image issue too, where whole images are tinged yellow.

After the issue was first raised in the 27-page Apple forum thread, many other issues affecting the camera have been reported by iPhone 4 users.

Anthony Agius, who runs the MacTalk.com.au forum website, said that the issue affected his iPhone 4. He said the problem was "certainly legit", but that he didn't know what caused it.

MacTalk's forum users have been reporting the issue since the start of this month, but international forums caught on earlier when the iPhone 4 was released in the US, with Macrumors.com users posting about it in various threads.

Users of the Samsung Omnia II are also reporting issues.

Apple Australia is yet to respond to a request for comment

They literally spent more than 7 years on designing the first iPhone then they tush these subsequent models out. They are candy rather than quality.

Personally i think the android software is better but the phones it comes on besides the htc desire are not that great.

If I were with relates I would be getting an android based htc.

The samsung galaxy s is ok but feels very flimsy.

At this point I am torn

mate, I have had the galaxy S for just over a month.
Let me assure you that this phone is not flimsy.
Its a good looking, sleek, tough and lightweight all in one.

The specs are right up there with the desire.
I also believe that the galaxy s has the best/biggest screen on the market.

Very please with my choice, no regrets whatsoever.

Dan link said:
They literally spent more than 7 years on designing the first iPhone then they tush these subsequent models out. They are candy rather than quality.

Personally i think the android software is better but the phones it comes on besides the htc desire are not that great.

At this point I am torn

HTC hardward is epic, I have the HD2 which is windows mobile, and frankly the hardware makes up for the OP, looking forwards to the new win7m.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184012.msg287087#msg287087 date=1282602129]

At this point I am torn

HTC hardward is epic, I have the HD2 which is windows mobile, and frankly the hardware makes up for the OP, looking forwards to the new win7m.
[/quote]

You should be able to get Android on your HD2 if you want it. I am thinking about putting it on my old iPhone so I can make the decision of what I want. The new iPhone and their "traitorware" app is starting to worry me a fair bit.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=184012.msg287377#msg287377 date=1282710073]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184012.msg287087#msg287087 date=1282602129]

At this point I am torn

[/quote]

You should be able to get Android on your HD2 if you want it. I am thinking about putting it on my old iPhone so I can make the decision of what I want. The new iPhone and their "traitorware" app is starting to worry me a fair bit.
[/quote]

Yeah, you can put Android on it no problem, but there are no end of the problems that Telstra have caused for customers who have done so.

I really dont get why these companies force you onto a software. I mean I can on older phones, though you could always patch linux onto a lot of them.

But these smart phones, just let people do what they want with them. A lot of it comes from the companies charging you extra for internet tethering, once you change software or jail break them, they effectively lose some of their control

Got mine this week, its an awesome device.

I can declare the following faults to my myths with models built in week 35.

1 Antenna Issue/Death Grip
2 Orange tinge in camera.
3 Proximity Sensor ending calls

I downgraded my iPhone to 3.12 and it is running 1000 tines better. Still I am either switching to the htc desire or waiting for tge desire z or desire HD.

I have to admit I am a linux geek. Android is linux, it's open it's free and htc have made an awesome port with sense ui.

I put a sense ui on the iPhone via winterboard, it's cool but not the same.

Apple have turned themselves into Microsoft circa windows me

I have had the ip4 since launch and it is great. Of corse it's jailbroken. The anntanagate issue is blown way out of proportion as I've never lost signal on the telstra network. The screen is the best feature IMO. I've seen many standalone cameras that have blue or green tinges under flouresant lighting so I'm not to worried about that.

I should add I am with Vodafone, and here in Junee, country nsw, and Wagga Wagga we have great coverage.

Loving the iphone more by the day.

We have terrible reception up here for Optus and vodafone.

Thinking of switching Telstra for better coverage added bonus of getting the HTC Desire, though want to wait for the HTC Desire HD or Z

New iphone software due Thursday iOS 4.1 which is supposed to fix some of the bugs, which I have found to be non issues.

Also iTunes 10 has just been released by Apple.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7