• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Have recently joined the IPhone world, anybody recommend so good apps to chuck on it ?

I will put a few up to get it rolling

PingChat is a good one, can message from Iphone to Iphone anywhere in the world for free, has saved me heaps of money so far

Vuvuzela, if you are an arsehole and like annoying people, it is a must have

Flick Kick Rugby, 1st game I got on there and it is bloody addictive, I recommend it

All the above are freebies as well

Discover - Lets you control the files on your iphone via wifi and password protect them. A must for any important doc sharing and to hide any pics from the Mrs :)

BOM Radar (though no good for you kiwi, its the aussie weather radar)

Twitterific - twitter

Tapatalk - Free version lets you browse silvertails natively, paid version lets you post etc as well

iMapMyRide - If you are into running or cycling this tracks your rides or walks via GPS including average speed etc

Flick Cricket - Awesome fun

Skype - well it's skype

Cheers Dan, I got tapatalk RO last week when you mentioned it, fills in my lunchtime reading some of the news and views on here. Have flick cricket as well, am terrible at the running !! Flick Rugby is from the same guys, is a simple game, flicking conversion between the sticks, but plenty of run

Flick cricket is easy mate.

Don't try to go down the ground always go square or behind and you will get 4's and 6's nearly every time

Rugby live and league central. Ping chat is free i.m from iphone to iphone. Trapster for police traps. Enjoy your iphone. PS Rugby live is a league app. lol.

I am waiting for the new version 4 but geez every day I wait it makes me think I should get the current iphone.

Any thoughts/help appreciated.

I am waiting for the iPhone 4.

However be aware there are major concerns with it's reception and antenna. It makes a great device but an average phone basically.

I personally really want an HTC Desire or desire2 though they are with telstra only and I am with Optus and not looking to change at the moment

Anyone else having problems after updating their 3G to the new OS4?  Mine has gone to pot and the Herald reported today it is an issue.

Dan, have iMapmyride ironed out all their bugs.  I ran out of patience with it 12 months ago, but it may be worth getting back?

Its been a lot better (iMapMyRide)

As for 4 yeah its **** slowed the phone down to an annoying crawl. Am thinking about formatting and jailbreak to see if I can get any response out of it.

My contract is up and I want to switch to the HTC desire2 but it is only available on Telstra so have to make the choice of staying with optus and switching to iPhone 4 which has greater hardware technical issues or moving to another seller

New Iphone 4 available from 30 July in Australia, think I will wait until my contract is up in December before taking the plunge.

Apple couldn't buy me this time.
I went with the Samsung Galaxy S after a fair amount of research.
Very pleased with my decision. The best looking and most functional phone on the market.
Take a look at android device sales this year and you can work out that android will have the wood over apple by this time next year.

Get off the old pony and get yourself onto a genuine thoroughbred. 

WAMF I tend to agree, the new iPhone 4 looks woeful both in design and functionality.

Great toy, poor phone. I am tossing up whether to hang around or just go buy an HTC Desire 2 outright and throwing my sim in it.

Android is a much better OS for phones and you can pretty much do what you want with it including installing apps from outside the Android shop. That also means I can develop a native android application for Silvertails and just throw it in.

Whereas Apple I would have to pay $99 to get into the developers program, write the application and submit it to apple and be at their whim for whether it gets released. I would also have to fill it with adverts or charge a fee for it to recoup the costs.

Certainly going to keep an eye out for other Android phones, but HTC is both an awesome phone and great toy...hence.....I want

nope havent got mine yet, may get it later this month.

I installed the iPhone 4.1 software and it is about 1000 time faster

My mate has the HTC Desire and said its great.  But he is computer nerd and said I am too much of a IT simpleton to get one and I should stick to the iPhone.  Im waiting to see what others think if the iPhone 4 here, if its panned I might go back to a Blackberry. 

Reports all over the web new Iphone 5 will be out in January 2011 to rectify the antenna issues in the 4.

Of course those who have the 4 are refuting that Apple would do this so close to the previous release.

I would say it would just be the iphone 4.1 the only change would be the antenna.

either way I am going to hold off. I think I will do an insurance claim on my current iPhone as it is severely broken anyway and covered for accidental damage. The thing is just holding together :)  Then I can wait out until the antenna issue is fixed by more than a rubber case

Ok, I ordered my 32gb today with Vodafone on $49 cap. 4-6 weeks to be delivered, could of got 16gb in 1-2 weeks.

Got mine with 3 months free access and 10% off for length of contract with NRMA members offer from https://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynrma/hs.xsl/m4m_vodafone.htm

bob dylan link said:
Ok, I ordered my 32gb today with Vodafone on $49 cap. 4-6 weeks to be delivered, could of got 16gb in 1-2 weeks.

Got mine with 3 months free access and 10% off for length of contract with NRMA members offer from https://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynrma/hs.xsl/m4m_vodafone.htm

I did something similar bob - ordered the 16gb on the same plan as you. They upgraded the data allowance from 500mb to 1.5gb free of charge. They also said it would take 1-2 weeks, but it was delievered to my work within 48 hours! I couldn't believe it.

So far, it's fantastic. No antenna/reception issues whatsoever. The camera/video is great, simple to use and very high quality. With the internet, it automatically picks up my iinet from home so doesn't eat into the data allowance unless I'm out and about.

It's my first iphone so I'm no expert with it's functionality or the pros & cons versus android phones, but I'm loving it so far.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4