• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
For those of you with iphones Apple yesterday released a upgraded operating system,

So far so good
Makes the iPhone a lot smoother with 200 new features

A tips page I came across 50 top tips for iOS5
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-apps/fifty-ios-5-tips-50004894/

Thanks BE, will upgrade my IP4 tonight.

I have read some people have had trouble, which is always the case. One thread at Whirlpool is headed "IOS5 Ruined My Life".

Yeah really what can go wrong when you sync before upgrading.

And I doubt it would ruin my life if it didnt work. My life was ruined by Des last week anyway. :)

I like the the emoji function on the keyboard, and also the shortcuts function for the keyboard.

If a phone OS upgrade ruins your life, then I think it is about time you re-assess you priorities in life anyway.

Seems pretty cool, though I wish SIRI was included.

Just got the 4s on Friday. Very smooth indeed.

I had the 3G so it's better in every way. Especially speed.

A iPhone 4 owner may not see the value in it though.

What is the best phone these days? Still the galaxy s2?

I thank optus for suggesting I didn't get an iphone 4,i found it very confusing when trying to help older people decipher it, with the galaxy the only difficult part is advanced options (finding them)

WAMF said:
Android is the future. Samsung's smartphones are already outselling iphones

Is that a fact. Just last week I saw that over 2 million Aussies use the iPhone

The last I read The iPhone was a mile ahead of the HTC and the next 3 were Nokias. Maybe this was an old article.

Android is certainly making up huge ground.

The Eagle said:
Did anyone have a fail installing this? How is it all recovered inclusive of messages
There were problems with to many ppl trying to install it on the 1st day, but it should be good know I think

As long as you back up everything will be restored,

bob dylan said:
WAMF said:

The last I read The iPhone was a mile ahead of the HTC and the next 3 were Nokias. Maybe this was an old article.

HTC would have had a much larger impact in the Australian market, had they not gone exclusive with Vodafone for the HTC Desire2. The HTC Desire IMO was as good as, if not better than the iPhone 3g and 3gs, the Desire2 would have really challenged the market here. However I wouldn't dream of being on Vodafone and their lack of reception, and Optus are basically the same. Ever since switching to Telstra I am rarely without decent coverage

Funny you mention that Dan. I had to leave Telstra for Vodafone because I had to go outside to make it receive calls with Telstra.

I now have a prepaid Telstra sim which I use for the areas that voda doesn't reach. But at I barely get any Telstra service in my house. And no there is no buildings higher than one story anywhere with a mile of my house it's just a plane flat part of town.

bob dylan said:
Funny you mention that Dan. I had to leave Telstra for Vodafone because I had to go outside to make it receive calls with Telstra.

I now have a prepaid Telstra sim which I use for the areas that voda doesn't reach. But at I barely get any Telstra service in my house. And no there is no buildings higher than one story anywhere with a mile of my house it's just a plane flat part of town.

Steel frame?

I used to be on Optus. Even in the middle of Sydney sometimes I would have no service at all, which was a joke. Up here there is horrible patchy coverage for Optus and Vodafone, but pretty good service for Telsta

bob dylan said:
WAMF said:

Found this:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/apple/samsung-destroys-apple-as-worlds-leading-smartphone-vendor/

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4