invest in a kicker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
This is ridiculous. We played well enough to win yet lose due to inept goal kicking. It is heartbreaking to see the guys give a great effort to be defeated by our inability to convert.now I know it's not all down to our inability to convert tries however it might cost us more points the further we go into the season.

I'd rather have a team of gritty and skilled footballers who can't kick conversions, than have a 90%+ kicker who is a liability in attack, ala Michael Witt.

Yes, the kicking lost us the game tonight, but most teams would struggle when their first choice kicker is injured. Not to mention no Foz and Gift.

A great performance by the boys, all things considered.

kicker or no kicker we should have closed it down at 19-10not let in 2 tries
not good on the night with top players out ,just wait till everyones on deck

What a brave ad courageous effort against many odds tonight.

Such a shame that terrible goal kicking cost us a deserved win. I think we need a reliable kicker in the team cause without Killer we are very vulnerable in the tight games.

We had this game won at 19-10. Our inexperience and wrong options and there experience were telling.

Very proud of the guys tonight.

The Scumdogs did that with Reynolds.

Unfortunately, they didn't get a pest inspection before the cooling off period expired and, well, they got a giant pest.

Seriously, Killer was out. DCE was injured as was evidenced by JLJ kicking for touch. Just an unfortunate turn of events.

In all seriousness though if Gutherson played tonight instead of Wolfe we win!

Time to sack Toovey then for his terribad team selection..

Way too much over reaction considering who we were missing, and as usual way too much wolfman hate...

I'm so proud of what these players will do for each other..

Might also be time for a jersey change.. get rid of the maroon

Lets just wave a white flag before every game

9/9 last week. Rubbbish kicking. Should have been 10 from 9 attempts. The 3 or 4 from the sideline were pot luck.

rifraff said:
In all seriousness though if Gutherson played tonight instead of Wolfe we win!

Time to sack Toovey then for his terribad team selection..

Way too much over reaction considering who we were missing, and as usual way too much wolfman hate...

I'm so proud of what these players will do for each other..

Might also be time for a jersey change.. get rid of the maroon

Lets just wave a white flag before every game

Of course , because replacing one player with another means you will get the same result

I don't think Wolfie was quite that bad, or good @SeaEagle007...to have such a dramatic impact.

Plenty of other guys - like TRed, Peta, Horo...even our bright new kid on the block JLJ- all made critical errors long after Wolfie was knocked out of the game.

But all our guys did a lot of good things too.

As the thread suggests, goalkicking could just have been the difference, who can really say.

SeaEagle007 said:
Put Gutherson on the wing.. never allow D Williams back on the field.. we lifted a gear as soon ss he left
Yeah, Manly hit reverse and forfeited another healthy lead :dodgy:

Wolfie didn't play in Round 1, so how come Manly capitulated then too :huh:

This seems to be a season where more games than ever will be decided by very few points.
If Matai had been practicing goal kicks all week then his first effort means we need a new goal-kicking coach.
We should have several players practicing hard each week just in case. There will be other close games this year for sure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4