Interesting video on TBaz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

Interesting little video of Twenty leading some defencive class a while back, seems quite capable in this department. In this, Baz also showed us why we were so ill-disciplined this season with his use of wrestling tactics and the slowing down of the play the ball.

In a sense, Trent also said that players without a good fighting attitude can **** off and that confirms to me that bozo is pulling the strings with players like Buhrer, who has the manly attitude almost engraved within him being rumoured to be getting pushed out.

I really wonder as to how he will go next year with a proper halves pairing and hopefully a lack of injuries, it'll be more than just interesting alright

Here's another, hahaha I've noticed how much he likes to involve a little cheating to his game plans, love it

The issue is not with knowledge, he knows footy, and always struck me as a player who learned the script and played to it. The issue is with how he executed knowledge, how he passes that on and the biggest issue is his ability to put passion and pride in the team

Great vid mate. Good to get some insight into his thinking about game priorities.
Defensively we were excellent in the later half of the year.

He just needs time - that's the reality. You'll get all the negative Nancy's on here saying "were Manly we demand results" but that's just not reality. That's an impatient unrealistic attitude which does nothing but spread negativity about club.
We have a couple more players to retire and this is the beginning of a completely new era.

I look forward to see what Tbaz can do with another pre season and hope the team gets a chance to gel sooner rather than later with relation to injuries and combos etc.

Up the Eagles!
"Defensively we were excellent in the later half of the year." Storm put 38 points on us in round 24, Raiders 44 points in round 25 and the Panthers 36 points in round 26. I'd hate to see what you call poor defence :eek:

"Defensively we were excellent in the later half of the year." Storm put 38 points on us in round 24, Raiders 44 points in round 25 and the Panthers 36 points in round 26. I'd hate to see what you call poor defence :eek:
That was our backs, all were basically injury replacements. This was shown in all the matches, vunivalu scored four, the raiders went in multiple times on both sides and the panthers game was most noticeable with these injury replacements and Lewis Brown allowing the panthers speedy backs on our outside constantly and even on the tryline they just gave way every time the ball came their way... They also couldn't score points except that raiders game

Propably cause we couldn't make the 8 after round 24.

The issue is not with knowledge, he knows footy, and always struck me as a player who learned the script and played to it. The issue is with how he executed knowledge, how he passes that on and the biggest issue is his ability to put passion and pride in the team
Professional execution is what we need. Passion and pride are handy catchcries but they mean nothing if the team can't play as a team. I would take very little consolation from knowing the players were deeply saddened by each loss.

Defence is easy when it is just arrows on a whiteboard running at you.....substitute those for a 6'3", 110kg unit, running full tilt, foaming at the mouth and see how simple it is. Defence is part structure, but mostly it's attitude and trust. Tuberculosis might know about structures, but I'm not sure on how he is going with the attitude and trust part of the equation.

Professional execution is what we need. Passion and pride are handy catchcries but they mean nothing if the team can't play as a team. I would take very little consolation from knowing the players were deeply saddened by each loss.
As I see it, there's the Lockyer/Cam Smith/Cronk style, cool as a cucumber. Intensely and coolly focused.

At the other end of the spectrum there's the Hopoate/Geyer style, intensely passionate. The aim is intimidation.

If the intimidators don't cause disruptive fear, their efforts can be lost.

The downside of activated intensity is it can backfire or burn out. There is no downside to cool intensity.

Neither could Souths but that didn't stop them winning their last four games.
No it wasn't the fact that we were out of contention it was as I said earlier.. Injuries, Injuries to our backs caused those high scorelines against us and our forwards stood tall whilst the backs fell down, that is why mainly Williame and Brown need to be gone, they didn't show any fight whatsoever. Wright has some decent moments, some bad too whereas Parker was thrown under the bus yet basically stood his ground while his centre constantly let him down.

Fatty got by off of very little ability but plenty of passion, he also expected that of all his team mates, if they didn't have the passion and pride and guts to put in for 80 minutes he didnt want them in the team. That is the kind of grit that has gotten a lot of Manly teams through some great periods in our history

True but in the matches we played this year I thought it was clear the players were fighting hard. In fact the one bloke accused of not trying his guts out is steeped in as much Manly culture as anyone!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4