Interesting/stinging comments from Jarrod Hargreaves in todays tele

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
mentioned that in his first training session a pass of his went down and he dropped his head (interesting quote) He said my confidence did too but Smith straightaway replayed it and he hit the pass sweet. Hargreaves quotes 'He definitely encourages you. Makes you realise you ARE actually actually capable of playing footy.

Talking like this sorta offers an insight into one of the reasons he left, listen to that sledge about Des, doesn't sound like much fun playing footy at Manly and our results indicate this in 2010. Maybe this is why Tasi is leaving too, do we have a coach who doesn't develop the young forwards/ does he just uses them as battering rams??

so surprised when I read this!! I think it is a concern, lets just hope he is jealous of our club and resentful that he wasn't in Des's long term plans.

Darren, imo Glenn Stewart throws your theory out of the water. He was built from reserve grader to international when nobody thought he could play, and has plenty of opportunity in our structure to use his skill

Every new signing says this sort of stuff about their new club, it is nothing new. On the flip side a few weeks back in RLW Tony Williams was full of praise for Des and what he is doing for his footy.

What on earth are you talking about? He was in our plans and was taken to England in the WCC squad for experience.

Couldn't have been that the roosters were just that little bit keener and had a larger bank balance to share then what we did?

Reminds me of the rubbish Cuthbo came out with when he went to the Sharks.... and look how that turned out.

Jesus Darren do you honestly expect him to come out and say

"Wow that Brian Smith knows nothing. I wish i had never left Manly"

I wonder what your agenda is...

Bwain Smith coaching record speaks for itself
just over 50%

jVgdzSmZ.jpeg

lsz link said:
Jesus Darren do you honestly expect him to come out and say

\"Wow that Brian Smith knows nothing. I wish i had never left Manly\"

I wonder what your agenda is...

We all know Darren has an agenda, so it's not suprising

Tell the truth Darren, we both know that JWH left because we had the oldest and slowest roster in the NRL.

How many premierships has Hargreaves won?  None.  And how many will he win with Brian Smith as coach?  None.

Des will back his 40-nil win against any big mouthed overreated injury prone sheep rooter any day.  Hargreaves has acheived nthing and probably never will. 

Chip & Chase link said:
Tell the truth Darren, we both know that JWH left because we had the oldest and slowest roster in the NRL.

Nah, it was coz Lowey had NO pens to sign any contracts, whilst ol' Stevey Noyce gave him three pens, to sign all three contracts on offer....;)

I know you are only stirring Ryan but Lowe wasn't even at the club last year.

This thread is ridiculous. Darren, you are assuming the media actually recorded something JWH said as accurate, you are assuming that JWH has a brain with which to think and you are pushing your thoughts very hard. JWH left because the Rorters paid him more than what Manly were prepared to pay. At Manly, in an pack full of Grand Final winners he was the new kid, at the Rorters he was making a fresh start. Of course Smith encouraged him, but that doesn't mean Des didn't or doesn't.

This is a storm in a teacup frankly.

ROOSTERS bound forward Jared Waerea-Hargreaves has revealed the pain of leaving the club that gave him a shot in the NRL, a chance that is now likely to secure him a Test jumper.

The 20-year-old backrower will on Friday join the New Zealand squad for training ahead of next month’s Four Nations tour of Europe.

Waerea-Hargreaves, along with Manly pair Steve Matai and Kieran Foran, is closing in on making the final cut for the end-of-season tournament.

But on Thursday he admitted leaving the Sea Eagles will be difficult, particularly after coach Des Hasler introduced him to the NRL this year.

“It was the biggest decision I had to make in my footy career,” he said of leaving Manly after two seasons.

“I had to get my parents, my mum from New Zealand and my dad from Brisbane to come over and have a chat about what’s best for my footy.

“They (Roosters) were interested from the start of the year when they heard I was off contract and they put in an offer on the table.

“I just wanted to focus on Manly and 2009 but then I had to make a decision.

“I wanted to stay with Manly. Des gave me the opportunity and I give them as much thanks as possible. Without their support I wouldn’t be in the position I am now.”

It’s a position where he could be pulling on a New Zealand Test jumper.

The Manly Daily understands Waerea-Hargreaves will join his Manly mates for a training camp in Auckland on October 7.

From there, Kiwis’ Test coach Stephen Kearney will formalise his squad.

“I’m absolutely stoked to be involved, even if I don’t get a run,” Waerea-Hargreaves said.

“If I do, I’ll make sure I don’t treat it like my last. It will be an honour to represent my country.”

The impressive New Zealander admitted he had no idea Brad Fittler was on the outer at Bondi Junction before he joined the club midway through the season.

With Fittler gone, former Parramatta and Newcastle coach Brian Smith will take over.

“I thought he (Fittler) was going to be the coach,” Waerea-Hargreaves said.

“Then, there was talk he wasn’t going to be the coach, I didn’t mind who was the coach. I just want to play footy.”

Something the youngster does with relative ease.

Should Manly have kept young Jared? Have your say below.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6