Interesting Stat that sums up our attack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Manly are clear and completely last in tries scored from their own half way (in todays tele p108. The leader was Wests with 16 tries and we have 2 in 16 rounds!! Probably sums up Des's no frills, no risks attack. Maybe it's time to take the shackles off and try new things, the other teams wouldn't be expecting it.

Darren link said:
Manly are clear and completely last in tries scored from their own half way (in todays tele p108. The leader was Wests with 16 tries and we have 2 in 16 rounds!! Probably sums up Des's no frills, no risks attack. Maybe it's time to take the shackles off and try new things, the other teams wouldn't be expecting it.

Our completions in our own half are pretty low too I think

I agree. It seems to me though that we are lacking confidence in attack sometimes, we seem to get a little lost. Release the shackles. Also we need to keep attacking, not get to a nice lead and defend. Defence wins matches, but if you don't score, you can't win either.

Any idea on stats for trys scored per sets of 6 inside opposition 20?

Long range again comes back to speed. Do we have enough? Ive seen us make 3 or 4 on 1 on many occasions and get shut down.

We have two moves, well one that we put on either side of the ruck. When it gets shut down then we rely a little on luck.

The move looks great when it works though (That is the sweeping across the field movement to link up with Farrar who makes the decision to pass or take the line on out wide)

Though the switch back across the front of the ruck the other day looked dangerous as well

we do miss Brett and Wolfie so much!! Sometimes Farrar gets a nice ball and you remember Brett making the gap but Ben can't. I'm not knocking Farrar but the loss of a superstar in Brett has brought us back to the field.

Dan is right, I always feel we rely loads obn luck and hoping the opposition stuff up, 2008/2009 we would kill off teams, can't do that anymore and that's why we are scraping into 8th at present. Our footy at present is pretty predictable, for the fans it's abit numbing

I saw a little Youtube package of 10 or so of the best 'Snakie Try's" recently...OMG....how we do miss him, and to think it's been 2 years now (almost) since he was at his most potent best.

Wolfie wasn't at his best in 2009, but I think he would have scored more down that wing than T-Rex.

I applaud Bennie for doing what he's doing but he's no Brett Stewart (and to be honest when I spoke with him in New Zealand he said to me "I am doing my best but I'll never be a Brett")

So yes maybe it is "safety first" in Des's view

Yep interesting stat - I reckon at least one of those 2 tries ( if not both ) was against the Knights earlier this year and the Knights were disgraceful that night gaps galore.  So its been a lean year otherwise. 

Its blatantly obvious our team is way too slow in the backs.  So unless we are inside 20m out we cant score.

The attacking stat that matters, points scored

Penrith 411
Souths 405
Brisbane 358
Saints 355
Roosters 355
Manly 352

The Indian link said:
Yep interesting stat - I reckon at least one of those 2 tries ( if not both ) was against the Knights earlier this year and the Knights were disgraceful that night gaps galore.  So its been a lean year otherwise. 

Its blatantly obvious our team is way too slow in the backs.  So unless we are inside 20m out we cant score.

And we question why they dont play Whare. He is fast.

I am a fan of Whare but he is still very young and I think next year he and Hoppa should be seriously considered for backline positions.

with brett, robbo, whare, lyon, wolfie, foran and dce it's a pretty quick backline.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Penrith 411
Souths 405
Brisbane 358
Saints 355
Roosters 355
Manly 352
..lol kiwi looks good like that wonder how  the defense stat compares to it though..  if its top 6 also thats good.. with the amount of games remaining &  we have our  #$%@& heads screwed on we can maybe go 1 higher & finish 4th, which would be a bonus ..

jjai link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184094.msg275757#msg275757 date=1279256203]

Penrith 411
Souths 405
Brisbane 358
Saints 355
Roosters 355
Manly 352
..lol kiwi looks good like that wonder how  the defense stat compares to it though..  if its top 6 also thats good.. with the amount of games remaining &  we have our  #$%@& heads screwed on we can maybe go 1 higher & finish 4th, which would be a bonus ..
[/quote]

There are a lot of teams above us with negative for and against.

jjai link said:

Penrith 411
Souths 405
Brisbane 358
Saints 355
Roosters 355
Manly 352
[/quote]

Dragons 169
Penrith 300
Tigers 322
Manly 326

(Excluded the Storm who are 252)

For and Against wise going into this weekend

Dragons 186
Penrith 111
Souths 70
Brisbane 27
Manly 26
Tigers 8
Roosters 1

Those are the only positive differentials

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=184094.msg275822#msg275822 date=1279265372]

Penrith 411
Souths 405
Brisbane 358
Saints 355
Roosters 355
Manly 352
[/quote]

Dragons 169
Penrith 300
Tigers 322
Manly 326

(Excluded the Storm who are 252)

For and Against wise going into this weekend

Dragons 186
Penrith 111
Souths 70
Brisbane 27
Manly 26
Tigers 8
Roosters 1

Those are the only positive differentials
[/quote],, not bad considering  we have lost our last 2 games..  lets hope the boys aim up  for the rest of the rounds. love to finish in the top 4..  i just have a feeling if we can get a home final in the 1st week & win.. our team will be a different team  than the one we been seeing  of late.. they just need that leg up & finish 4th ..

Of the current top-4, Brisbane & Tigers are most likely to wilt. I think the Panthers have looked pretty focussed all season. Tigers have ability but also can be inconsistent and have flopped many times before late season. Broncos have been going great thanks to a bunch of talented youngsters, but chances are some of them will drop off a little at some stage.

If we are good enough, we are still quite reasonably placed (subject of course to tonight's result ???)

I reckon look out if we get on a roll now. For some reason, I think we have that fire in the belly again....you could see it on the players interviews on the MWSE website.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2