Interesting Richard Hinds article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its not grounds the govt has to invest in, its the transport options. SFS needs its own train station either under or directly outside the ground. Whoever built that ground without one needs a flogging

And the scheduling needs addressing, scheduling a team to play 60 km away from there home base at 8 pm is ridiculous, but as we know Tv rules the roost and crowds are an inconvenient truth

Stevo, just trying to undertsand....so its ok to travel to the city etc 10 times a week amongst the herd / throng...but to do it once there and back , in your own time , once a fortnight is too hard ????

WESTIE said:
Stevo, just trying to undertsand....so its ok to travel to the city etc 10 times a week amongst the herd / throng...but to do it once there and back , in your own time , once a fortnight is too hard ????
People just don't leave the beaches. When I was living down their for 18months in 09,10. I was driving all over the place from my home at narrabeen for work and on my days off I was lucky if I got south of brookvale.

WESTIE said:

Yeah exactly. Have you ever lived on the beaches? It's a mad bloody effort to get into the city. Hasn't this been proven by the fact Manly supporters don't travel well? Take our first semi last year for instance. Also, it wouldn't be once a fortnight would it? It would be traveling over the bridge or up the F3 for every game.

The only way forward now to try and push for funding to Brookvale is for Manly to move out to the SFS. If they wont find the money then they never will.

If we just up & move away then it will never be funded, why would it be? It will only ever be funded because there is an NRL team here and there is a crying need for a modern boutique stadium comfortably fitting 20,000 + persons. If the team is gone then so is the pressing need for that venue?

Look...I travel from the inner west to Brookvale every home game and have been doing it for eons. I also drive out to Anywhere to watch the Eagles. Travelling for fans is not the issue. It's the state of Brookvale that is. What needs to happen is for the Independent Commission to take over the distribution of all govt grants to the NRL, instead of the hotspotch of development at the various grounds. If a local council want to develop a local ground, then fine, but State and Federal development money should go to the NRL, and the NRL to distribute it to where it's needed. First stop, Brookvale. The NRL need to take some ownership of this critical issue. Why is it that Lowy and Coates can screw money out of Govt, but not Gallop? (Oh yes, except for his office in the Eastern suburbs, the heartland of the NRL)

As has been mentioned many times before, one of the main reasons the crowd was so small at the sfs for the semi was because the game was on so late. An 8:30pm start for a family attending with their kids was just totally unrealistic. The following week when the game was on earlier in the evening the crowd numbers increased accordingly

we would all love nothing more than a redeveloped brookie....i doubt it could be built/ redone in an offseason , or even half a season......i would never ever complain driving 70 odd kms each way if the joint was guaranteed to be used forever and the club could guarantee its survival playing out of there, but i would be curious as to what sort of roll up they would get if say during construction they did decide to play of a more central location - ie SFS.......i think the natives of the insular peninsular would get a shock

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6