1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting comment by Watmough

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ceagle, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    After receiving MOTM award he said BA (Brad Arthur) was the main reason the defense has improved since last year. Maybe Arthur should be getting some more praise around here?

Also looks like Parish is working wonders for Parra

2. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Our defence is obviously better than last year. We are getting back to the basics. Good goal line D, fitness, and wrapping up the ball. We strayed from that last year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,487 / 42
    Nice to hear. Brad Arthur must be bloody glad he got out of Parra as well.:shy:

4. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    So far this year our defense has been..... Brilliant. In your face, brutal, aggressive... But above all, solid as a rock. In 5 games we've conceded 36 points: just 7.2 points per game. Next best is the Rorters, with 42 from 4 games @ 10.5/game.

I've said it before, defense wins premierships: and defensively no one is looking as good as we do at this stage of the season.

5. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Just wrote this in another thread, but Tooves should be congratulated for knowing how to delegate - getting the best out of his coaching staff as well as his players. Great that the players think highly of Brad Arthur. Hope he's enjoying himself at the club.

6. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Excellent news. The defence looks so more solid this yr. Of course there will be games where we open up but we have the best defence in the comp so far and that's always a great sign. Problems if we win 24-20 each week.

7. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Well you can't polish a turd, but I bet Matt is going through a lot of hand soap from trying to.

8. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    Listening to the game on the radio,
    I heard Dogs received a penalty close to Manlys line. Ennis took it back to the 20M line to try to get the Manly defence "broken"as opposed to a solid wall on their line.
    A compliment to Manly's defence.

9. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,274 / 131
    We would be stuffed if it wasn't for parra providing half of our team and coaching staff.

10. Utility Player

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Just on that does anyone know why when Ennis took the ball back to the 20 we had to stay on our line rather than move up to the 10?

11. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Have to be 10m back from the mark given for the penalty

12. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    That's right. The Bulldogs could have walked the mark all the way back to their own try line, & the manly defensive line would have still had to stay on our own try line.
    The mark is immediately moved once you kick for touch.
    I often wondered why teams don't do this more often to give themselves more room to work with when they are only 10mtrs out.

13. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I thought T-Rex was going to wind up but he passed it hmmm

14. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    Because they can go back as far as they want and the defensive team must be back 10m from the original penaly spot.....This being our goal line.

15. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Re Parish - only can be as good as the cattle you've got

16. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Speaking of Parish, imagine if he had picked up the Tigers job and coached them against Manly two games ago? Could have been a closer result. I think Manly would still beat them - better team, better players.

17. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    You guys rate parish? I heard that most of our guys were glad to see the back of him.

18. Utility Player

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Thanks chaps, as said it must not be done very often as I can't recall ever seeing it before (on that scale at least).

19. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    Agreed UP. It doesn't happen very often. I don't understand why teams kick for touch when they receive a penalty, say 3 mtrs out. I reckon they should just walk the ball back 15 mtrs & the defensive line would still have to stay on the try line.

20. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Then Gus will say (again):

So they get a penalty 5 mtrs out, kick for touch 10-15 mtrs out.

Tap the ball, give it to a forward who runs straight up and gets tackled....5 mtrs out, right where they were before. Rabs! Rabs? What you you think Rabbbits?