Interesting about lockies injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
God (Lockyer) help us all if he plays and the donkeys win. The media up here will be unbearable in the extreme.
It will be a feat greater than any miracle from God, Jesus or any of the Saints.

mickqld said:
God (Lockyer) help us all if he plays and the donkeys win. The media up here will be unbearable in the extreme.
It will be a feat greater than any miracle from God, Jesus or any of the Saints.

I think we Manly supporting Queenslanders are in for an horrendous fortnight. First the build up this week and the insinuation that we're a bunch of dirty rat bags if we happen to run players at Lockyer.

If the Broncos win we will have to endure a week of pre-GF gloating.

If Manly winds the Bronco horde will be vindictive and resentful at our ending of the so-called fairytale.

Matabele said:
mickqld said:

I think we Manly supporting Queenslanders are in for an horrendous fortnight. First the build up this week and the insinuation that we're a bunch of dirty rat bags if we happen to run players at Lockyer.

If Manly winds the Bronco horde will be vindictive and resentful at our ending of the so-called fairytale.

Matabele when we beat them I will have nothing but gloating and mouthing to any Bronco who can hear up here. It will be oh so sweet.

Matabele said:
mickqld said:

Yep, we'll be damned if we do and damned if we don't, a no-win situation. The hype in Sydney's bad enough. Glad I'm not a Manly supporting Queenslander this week and I pity those who are.

mickqld said:
Matabele said:
mickqld said:

Matabele when we beat them I will have nothing but gloating and mouthing to any Bronco who can hear up here. It will be oh so sweet.

I think they will do you a violence. Seriously.

ABC radio are saying he's had three plates inserted. There running a comp who can come up with a name for him..I got a cpl..none printworthy.:p

Realisticly, why do we care. There is no way they can keep him sheltered for 80 minutes and the more they try the more vulenrable they are. We know for sure that wallace will take at least the first 3 tactical kicks as that is when he will be most vulenrable to a bone rattler.

The Broncos will be over the top protective so 3rd man in thaiday is certain to give away at least 2 penalties if manly do anything but tuck locky in for a gentle nights sleep

Manlys backline is awesome , they love playing to the fringes so except as a sweeper position he cant be hidden in defence. A sweeper would have many benefits
T rex now becomes the worlds best decoy for speed men like B stewart

And in the end only the broncos and lockyers reputations are on the line

While they have announced nothing but there hopes the bronx would be far better off resting him this week and having the team primed to do it for locky, beating manly and hoping to have him back for the GF . This is much more realistic

The only person with anything to lose here is griffin. If he plays locky and he gets busted he will be run out of town

of course it is just a smoke screen. it sells tickets!
You only hear rumours and snippets just to keep the story bubbling along. You have to remember they originally said he didnt even need a scan. There is a small difference between a bruise and some plate work.
Either way it will change the dynamic of the broncos. if he plays he wont run the ball as much, and that will change the play. If he doesnt play, they will play differently as well. going to take 20 minutes to get use to what they throw at us.

Galoop will make sure that his pet Demi God Darren is well protected next week. We will get penalised every time we touch him no doubt. Des needs to get the boys heads focused on all 17 Broncos not just one mans facial bones. We cant get distracted with all the publicity this is going to be. The media will be elevating him to god like status so we cannot get suckered into Darren watching in this game. Play with our composure and strength of will and we will win. Get derailed by all the media hype and bull**** that is about to go on and we will lose.

This will be a game between the determined Sea Eagles V the desperate Broncos who are clutching at straws by considering putting a turnstile on the field.

It's all upside for us.

If he plays, Griffin has taken 100% responsibility for Lockyer's health. We do not have access to do medical tests on Lockyer so we MUST take Griffin's statement at face value (pun intended). Griffin says no damage can be done so it's only a question how much pain Lockyer can bear. The object with every opponent is to make them feel more pain than they can bear without conceding. Business as usual. Hodges has set the bar for how Lockyer must be treated if he chooses to play.

If Lockyer doesn't play, then that evens things up a little with King, Wolfman & Glenn being unavailable.

It's all good.

Can we please merge all the Lockyer threads? I don't want it to distract me from my game preparation.

Matabele said:

jjai said:
Matabele said:

I couldnt give a **** about their feelings & their fantasies ...

jjai said:
Matabele said:

jjai said:
Matabele said:

I couldnt give a s**t about their feelings & their fantasies ...

Glenn Stewart deserves one more game in this premiership & its up to the other guys to do it for him..
One more game in this Campaign..
;)

LOCKY CAN NOT PLAY

No one should play contact sport within a week of having plates inserted in face. If he was injured it would be theirs, and the NRLs, fault.

So what is going on? Simply, a business and sporting diversion!

Manly has to be seen to prepare for him to play, and injured, or not at all. But really only the latter.

Brisbane can get on with their preparation while locky takes the attention off them, while limiting the possibility of the star player (and 'man of the moment' - not unlike beaver that year) performing poorly in commercial terms. In other words, locky being ruled out *early* might diminish the sales of seats, merchandise or the amount of eyeballs watching tv, etc. It would be a disappointment for many. I personally would like to our halves to win it over their best. Its a salivating prospect.

I bet - responsibly - that Brissie are planning to play without him on the field and so, quietly, should Manly.

Lockyer would have to be performing at at least 80-90% comfortably for him to want to play this game. Its not only the risk of being re-injured but he will also not want to go down to Sydney and make a fool of himself performing at 50% of his best.

It wont be worth retireing like that. He has to decide if he wants to go out as a champion in his last game in QLD with one of the greatest endings he kicked a field goal in golden point to win the game whilst playing with his face smashed in.

Or go out as a mug who wasnt able to compete properly because of injury and your team gets a hiding in Sydney and your last game is a loss you would rather forget.

Trust me this guy has an ego like they all do he may be tough but i dont reckon he wants to go out like that, he will only play if he feels 90% comfortable.

Honestly I think people on here are underestimating the inspiration the Broncos team will draw from having Darren play with the injury. They will be out to protect him and they will all play their hearts out for him. Playing on emotion can lift teams and give them an advantage. This is going to be one tough game and I'm in no doubt Darren will play.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8