Interchange

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I thought we got it slightly wrong in this regard tonight. Most will be unhappy with Symonds not getting on earlier but I'm ok with the point he came on

Lawrence and Kite set a great platform in the 1st 20, at that point Lawrence came off for Fa'aoso which was spot on. However 5 mins later when Kite came off Buhrer replaced him and we lost a lot of our go forward, that is an error from Tooves for me, noticeably when Rose came on in the 35th he had a big impact getting us going forward and that continued into the opening 10 of the second half where he was great again. I would have liked to see another little burst from Rose near the end but the Watmough situation could have scuppered those plans if they were there

Next week I feel that our 1st 2 interchanges need to be Fa'aoso and Rose, we can't afford to have only 1 genuine front rower on the park after 25mins when the Rabbits are rolling their 2nd big wave in

agree especially with g.stewart playing the way he does - not a criticism but we can't afford to lose a front rower and play that way

Not many minutes, but Rose was needed and done good.
Would also like to see T-Red get more time.
Wow... hasn't Hiku improved!!!
Thought Horo a little quite.
Must have been tough to back up after last week.
Really worried about that monster rabid rabbit pack.

Nup, George did his bit either side of half way really well. Would have been a drama if he was on late in the second half.

Symonds needs to do more in the short time he has on the field. He should have been looking for every second ruck in the last 20 and didn't do enough.

Darren said:
Horo isn't impacting like he did earlier in the season.

100% correct there, have also noticed Foran isn't using him as much. Was thinking during the game tonight Symonds could take a bit of Horo's time. Been a tough year and his 1st full one playing 80 week in week out

Horo got a lot of good press (and rightly so) after his great start to the season....maybe he is more in the spot light now and eg scoring tries of Foran flat passes aren't going to come as often etc...it's a long season...I was impressed when a got up after that spew and went straight back to work..

Utility. Symonds >>>>>>>Buhrer

My bench would look like this;

14. Symonds
15. Fa'aoso
16. Rose
17. Gower/Hasson

Buhrer just doesn't seem to be able to capitalise on his smaller frame and get around tired forwards. To think he played Origin only awhile ago and now some feel he isn't in our top 17.

I have been wondering all season long just what value Bhurer adds to the squad.
I've arrived at the conclusion that outside of his utility value, the truth is he doesn't offer much.
He's just too small and 8/10 times he will lose ground when hitting the ball up.
I would have liked to have seen Gower out there. His last game was his best by a country mile.

Bhurer is usually good for giving away a couple of sloppy penalty's each game for holding down the attacking player after the tackle has been effected.
There was one incident last night where he was let off the hook. Could easily have been a penalty to the Sharks in great attacking position for them and we were out on our feet at the time.

I think buhrer is playing hurt. Before he hurt his ribs he was playing great and providing impact when he came on

I agreed about Buhrer earlier on in the year but his 2nd half of the year has been pretty strong. I don't go along with the whole he is too small thing, same way as I don't go along with the Rose is too fat thing

He does a hell of a lot of work when he comes onto the field, often not the flashy stuff that gets noticed but watch closer and you can see what he offers. I don't think he goes backwards in tackles as much as a lot of people make out. Last night 14 runs for 98m so 7m per hit up, suggests he isn't bursting through the line upon impact but isn't going back either

Ferris has got rib cartilage damage & probably shouldn't be playing. Fa'aoso concussion from last week and should not have played. TRed should have got more game time & Roses lack of fitness is costing us fatigue on others

Buhrer has had a great season, he stays for me. From memory he has troubled Souths in each game we have played this season with his speed around the ruck. He also gets through a lot of defence.

He'll need to be at his best next weekend then. So will Snake. Symonds will need more game time an[/align]d Horo will need to pull his finger out too.

I would have buhrer in my 17 every week even though he has busted ribs looj at his stats and the work he does week in week out this is his value to the team. I would like to see him play more 9 as ballin does nothing for us in attack 5m. george rose did 2 tackles last night . i think attention should be on players that dont put in . buhrer at 94kg riinging wet 98m 3off loads 20 quality tackles 3 smashed ribs shore put in

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4