Inspirational

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Keiren Foran

Unbelievably heroic defenders. They should never play for another NRL club

Legends

Add DCE gee he is a tough little cookie and is fast maturing in to a great player

I have watched almost every Manly game since 1973 and I honestly find it hard to remember a more courageous display by the maroon and whites. It was simply inspirational and the sort of game you can win another title off the back of.

A special mention to the young bloke at the back to just keep turning up time and again even after a couple of errors.I was a bit wary of jumping the gun on Peter as it just puts so much pressure on youngsters but tonight says he has the determination to really find a home at Manly.Well done.

ps those doubting Glen can now rest easy.He's on his way back.

They gave everything from the first minute. You could see the determination and I knew we were in for a pearler. I feel robbed by the number of sets handed to the drizzle second half but couldn't be prouder of that effort.

ManlyBacker said:
They gave everything from the first minute. You could see the determination and I knew we were in for a pearler. I feel robbed by the number of sets handed to the drizzle second half but couldn't be prouder of that effort.

Stu they had 10 more sets than us and we made 40 more tackles, possession was there's 55-45 yet the only way the broke our line was thru a flukey kick.

CAMBO said:
ManlyBacker said:

Stu they had 10 more sets than us and we made 40 more tackles, possession was there's 55-45 yet the only way the broke our line was thru a flukey kick.

Painful to watch and one of DCE's field goals should have given a deserved victory. Won't whinge though - just a super effort.

susan said:
I have watched almost every Manly game since 1973 and I honestly find it hard to remember a more courageous display by the maroon and whites. It was simply inspirational and the sort of game you can win another title off the back of.

A special mention to the young bloke at the back to just keep turning up time and again even after a couple of errors.I was a bit wary of jumping the gun on Peter as it just puts so much pressure on youngsters but tonight says he has the determination to really find a home at Manly.Well done.

ps those doubting Glen can now rest easy.He's on his way back.

Completely agree - incredible defence. Without some terrible officiating, the Scum wouldn't have got anywhere near us. That we kept on turning up, right until the last seconds of golden point, is a credit to the club and the players.
Also agree that Hiku has another strong game. Copped a dud call on his "knock on" and was trying to make the best of a bad pass when he had the ball knocked loose, but he was always there and giving it his all. The Manly jersey suits him just fine.

Never been so proud to be a Manly supporter....with the possible exception of the 40-0.......but tonight is a different type of pride.

We had 43% possession overall but I reckon it was 35% at best in the second half.

If Bunnies and Rooters fans have any brains (which they don't obviously or they'd be Manly supporters), it's us they'd be worried about not each other.

Think ill sleep in my manly jersey tonight

The topic name says it all really. I'd agree with Susan one of the real stand out performances of the last few decades, not sure it's the greatest ever ( can remember games when we were that busted we played with 12 and still won) but still a ripper.

Note to the others on the top 4....be afraid......VERY

CAMBO said:
Even those stats are misleading, it was the flood of possession Storm had deep in our territory which shows how special our defence was last night. First 20 in the 2nd half we seemed camped on our own line.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I just really worry about the emotional come down and only 5 days after that physical defensive effort tonight
I'm not worried about that. If we had lost in golden point, maybe then an emotional letdown. As it is, I reckon they will be pumped by their effort and excited to be back at Brookie – and not playing on a Monday!

the mauler said:
Where are the Gift haters now??? Some of the comments made the last couple of weeks about Gifty have been nothing short of embarrassing. Egg on a few faces after that performance.

I still feel he is a long way off his best form and fitness. Dunno if that makes me a hater....I actually like the bloke, but there you go. Effort last night was excellent ( as was everybody obviously ) - terrible offload near end of first half snapped him into action & he simplified his game and we saw the benefits. I guess its a good sign to know he has much better he can be in future.

from a news limited site that is asking me to pay a fee.....

"For the Sea Eagles, the heroes were everywhere. Kieran Foran was enormous and Lyon played the type of game that had you wishing he were still available for Origin. Daly Cherry-Evans was everywhere. Justin Horo produced that charge-down. And to have any idea of the effort Anthony Watmough put in, we suggest you sign up for the Hawaiian ironman"

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/nr...-melbourne-storm/story-fn7si63s-1226647234844

I think its safe to say that Manly won that match and was given 1 competition point, and Melbourne lost the match and was given 1 competition point.

To hold out a side like Storm on our goal line for that long and not be beaten is winning, for the Storm to have that much ball and opportunity to score and be denied only by the best defensive of the season is losing.

As Bellyache said, "we have enough ball to win two matches".....

Bad Boy Bubba said:
Chip and Chase said:
DCE did plenty of one on one work as well. Great effort allround.

Also kicked one of the best 40/20s I've seen .

Not one of, it was the best 40/20 I've ever seen and it was the best EVER defensive effort I've seen from any Manly team. This team has so much heart it's unbelievable. Kudos must go to Tooves and Brad Arthur.

bones said:
Bad Boy Bubba said:
Chip and Chase said:
DCE did plenty of one on one work as well. Great effort allround.

Also kicked one of the best 40/20s I've seen .

Not one of, it was the best 40/20 I've ever seen and it was the best EVER defensive effort I've seen from any Manly team. This team has so much heart it's unbelievable. Kudos must go to Tooves and Brad Arthur.

Loved how slater felt helpless chasing that kick

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6