1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injury updates?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brookie, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    anyone know how our injured stars are going with recovery?
    meaning snake & wolfie?

i heard a rumour from  little birdy saying wolfman is back training and could play in a couple?
    not too sure how much truth there is to it, but my source is a brother of a current manly 1st grader, but the info was given out on the piss.

anyone on here see any of the trainings>?

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    I also heard a rumour from a little birdie: 'Tweet tweet.' No idea what it meant though.

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I think the little birdy has been hovering above your head and crapping on it mate, from what I understand Wolf is no chance this season

4. Stiffi

Stiffi Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor 2015 Tipping Competitor

I bumped into the Wolfman at my local the Winston Hills Hotel and he said he is no chance this season!!

But what a great bloke, was happy to have a few drinks with us & pose for photos. Had a great laugh with him, is a very funny bloke. If only the world had more Wolfmen, it would be a better place.

5. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    rodney season....watmough 3 weeks.....

6. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4

Have you been smoking again seagles?
    Where does this info come from?

7. slickster71

slickster71 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Perry, Snake and Wolfman no chance this year and means perry had played his last game for us.

Rodney injured his knee last night and not sure to the extent of the injury to he has scans tomorrow.

Watmough will continue to play with his injury.

8. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Reported the other day Perry is running again and will be ready for the 1st week of semis

9. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    des said in presser that hoppa,farrer,and PERRY could be back next week....

10. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Well if Farrer is back Hoppa will be in 20s

11. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    not if watmough is out and rodney gone.....use trex in forwards and hoppa wing.
    1.farrer
    2.hoppa/oldfield
    3.lyon
    4.matai
    5.robbo
    6.foran
    7.hodko
    8.king
    9.ballin
    10.kite
    11.trex
    12.joe gal
    13.stewart

14.rose
    15.cross
    16.perry
    17.bailey    watmough out and rodney....

12. Nthn NSW

Nthn NSW Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Is there any reliable news on Watmough and Rodney yet?
    Hope Rodney is'nt to bad,he's been our most consistant forward all season..

13. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27

14. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +979 / 5
    I heard Zorba this morning say Rodney's has a medial ligament knee injury and unlikely to play again this season :(  Agree he's been our most consistent forward and will be very sorely missed.
    As for Watmough, he said he's got an unusual foot injury, something to do with his heel and has no idea how long he'll be out.

For your interest Zorba also said Hoppa (definite), Farrar (likely) and Perry (possible) should all be available this week.

15. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Thanks for the update ALinda.

16. Nthn NSW

Nthn NSW Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    I heard Zorba this morning say Rodney's has a medial ligament knee injury and unlikely to play again this season :(  Agree he's been our most consistent forward and will be very sorely missed.
    As for Watmough, he said he's got an unusual foot injury, something to do with his heel and has no idea how long he'll be out.

For your interest Zorba also said Hoppa (definite), Farrar (likely) and Perry (possible) should all be available this week.
    [/quote]

Rodney's injury seems to be the luck of our season this year.

17. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    big blow that rodney is gone but i have a feeling joe will go better than people think given 60 minutes to play.in all honesty though  you cant have a team riddled with injury like this and win a comp.if we run 5th or 6th it will be a solid effort and something to build on for next year.

basically we have absolutely nothing as backup in the forwards now.cross and bailey are pluggers at best(and that is a wrap for bailey),choc is a walking hospital ward ,glen is simply struggling mentally,porky lives too close to KFC and Perry is too busy buying travel guidebooks.

oh for a fit roster next year with some speed at the back and flanks,couple of young forwards(harrison and lussick) to pin some hope on,a halfback with potential,george with a stomach tuck and some good young outside backs in hoppa,whare and oldfield.we will give it a shake then.

18. jwaa

jwaa member

Ratings:
    +27 / 2
    Maybe the injury scare and a finals spot will bring the best out of Perry. Hes got some go forward when it suits him, maybe coming to terms with a premature finish to his nrl career, and then subsequent reprieve, will put some fire in his belly.

Big maybe