Injury Update: Snake out for five weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
Gutherson should debut at fullback. Snake debuted at 18 so why not Clint.
Why not indeed? I'm happy to let Toovey & co make the call. Snake did debut young but got smashed.
And Pittwater Legend, Hoppa Jnr had quite a different build to Gutherson at the same age.

Maybe snake should just harden the hell up and play - stop being a wuss.

I mean if a piece of bone chipped off...it's obviously not needed is it!

Poop it out and get back on the field.

Sheesh, you've already had a big bludge with your knees, get on with it already!

There's got to be some real concerns over the longevity of Snake. Appears he can either play or train, but can't do both. Looks constantly hobbled.

The boys on Sterlo last night made comment that he looked like a cripple in the warmup before the St George game.

He would have been lucky to be picked for Origin given how he's been going.

Hope I'm wrong.

COMMANDER said:
There's got to be some real concerns over the longevity of Snake. Appears he can either play or train, but can't do both. Looks constantly hobbled.

The boys on Sterlo last night made comment that he looked like a cripple in the warmup before the St George game.

He would have been lucky to be picked for Origin given how he's been going.

Hope I'm wrong.

They were talking about Glenn not Brett.

ifernolan said:
mickqld said:

He's a twig lol, he'll get manhandled.

When People mention Gutherson at fullback in the NRL squad two words come to mind.

Deer and Headlights.

Stevo said:
ifernolan said:
mickqld said:

He's a twig lol, he'll get manhandled.

When People mention Gutherson at fullback in the NRL squad two words come to mind.

Deer and Headlights.

It is as good as all the people calling for a 16/17yo Hopoate to play NRL while he was out injured anyway

Do you think that if Peta Hiku had been a girl, his parents would have named her Peter?

I understand that Kylie Leuluai has a twin sister called Kyle.

mickqld said:

I appreciate the compliment Mick, but I can assure you I have a few more miles on the clock than 18. :D

Phantar said:
Do you think that if Peta Hiku had been a girl, his parents would have named her Peter?

I understand that Kylie Leuluai has a twin sister called Kyle.

Ha ha. Do you think they call it heavy metal cause it's harder than rock?

Without Brett or efficient depth in that area I think we are screwed (sorry optimists). I'd say let's have some fun with it and put Lawrence at the back. He was a fullback and has proved that he still has pace plus stamina but then again we also don't have any depth in the forwards. Without Lawrence we'd have a negative figure in the 'metres gained' column on account of Kitey doing most of his running forward in reverse. So we're screwed.

Taufua is our best option and will make the most of his chances. He may not be the safest pair of hands on the field but he makes up for that with his damaging runs, he may even be heir apparent to Brett's No.1 jersey as his X-factor talents are somewhat wasted on the wing and his body is built for the modern game. He has quickly learnt how to read defence (from being clueless last year) and have a decisive impact under the guidance of Master Blaster Matai, just ask Nightingale's Chiropractor.

If a back line is shifted prompting a centre to FB and a new face at centre don't we upset the rhythm that we've built since November? Surely adjusting the wing position is the least unsettling for the team. Their has to be a player that can simply finish well. We won two premierships with and in part because of 'no frills Robbo'. He did the little that was asked of him, well. Whether 'Stiku' or 'Old man Elsi' take the job of catch and plant, surely we ought to be looking at a contingency plan rather than a 'band aid' solution for the possible permanence of a vacated No.1 position by our beloved prince.

Bloody hell Horo; if you didn't feel the need to off-load every time you got the ball we wouldn't be having these discussions. Don't get me wrong, I think your a hell of a talent but you're not $BW, more like a skinny limbed T-rex but with a brain. Seriously, the odds are stacked against you for a positive possible outcome when you try to off-load in your own 20 metre zone on the 1st or 2nd tackle. Let alone at the 39:58 second mark of the first half when we're up 18-4. On behalf of Brett Stewart; thanks for that. What did you think was going to happen from that off-load in our own half with two seconds to go? Did you think it was the full time whistle and we were still playing Souffs? Did you think that from our own half that Brett would pick up the ball and zig when they zagged all the way to the finish line? Did you think it was 2008? You couldn't have known that it would end with knees in the back of our MVP but what WAS obvious to everyone watching was that the whistle couldn't come soon enough at either end in the longest game of league i've ever seen.

DCE; It's a maximum distance of 24.9 metres to the shortest side-line where ever you're standing. The Dragon's game changed with that surveying mistake. I wonder if too much responsibility is placed on Daly's young shoulders. He seems to be the unsung Captain and Mr fix-it. Often the ship needs to be directed to calmer waters but the helm always lands in the hands of a flustered, rushed, red-faced and overworked DCE. I'm not even going to mention the fact that his drop-outs travel a maximum measly 40 metres and knowing that within one or two tackles it's goal line defence again therefore why not try for the short Union style kick recovery every other time?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6