Injury ends Richie Fa'aoso's career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Richie's forced Premature Retirement

BOZO said:
Ritchie virtually broke his neck giving it all for the Sea eagles .
Al the very best Ritchie !!!

Agreed the exact sentiments I have as well.

Thank you Richie and God bless and hope your retirement is a good one.

All the very best Ritchie. The Eagles and supporters will miss you and your contribution very much, take care and recover well. Your health is the most important thing and what your family desires most.

I hope that we don't see similar headlines in two months time for Kingy if he has another bad shoulder injury.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Canberra will probably sack someone mid-year that we can pick up cheaply.
Cronulla might be able to give us their Props Soon, due to the Asada Investigation, I wouldn't mind Fifita coming on board ! :D

tookey said:
I hope that we don't see similar headlines in two months time for Kingy if he has another bad shoulder injury.
Think positive tookey . KIng will Kill it this year and will have his best season ever mate

BOZO said:
tookey said:
Think positive tookey . KIng will Kill it this year and will have his best season ever mate

This will be a bonus if he does.

And a first.

BOZO said:
tookey said:

I hope so but have a feeling that his body has just about had enough of FG footy. Would like to be wrong but not confident

As I know Richie is an avid reader of these forums.... I too add my best wishes for him, his family, and his future.

Hoping it all goes well.

globaleagle said:
As I know Richie is an avid reader of these forums.... I too add my best wishes for him, his family, and his future.

Hoping it all goes well.

Ditto

I thought this had been mentioned as the reason for the recent troubles he has had. That doctors had told him it's all over before xmas. All the best Richie for your future.

If ever there was a case for player welfare this is one

A player who injured themselves playing for the club deserves all the care it can offer (and you have to think his off season problems had to be influenced by what he went through)

My thoughts are with you Uncle Fuss, bloody tough way to end your career, I'd much rather it be with another Premiership Ring!!

Seems we jumped the gun
A tweet a few minutes ago from the NRL

The @manlyseaeagles and Richie Fa'aoso have made no formal decision in regards to his playing future. #NRL

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Seems we jumped the gun
A tweet a few minutes ago from the NRL

The @manlyseaeagles and Richie Fa'aoso have made no formal decision in regards to his playing future. #NRL

Keep us informed BE. :)

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-statement-on-Richie-Faaoso/89736
The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and Richie Fa’aoso have made no formal decision in regards to his playing future.

The club will be meeting with Richie and his management shortly to discuss his serious neck injury, which was sustained in the finals series last season.

Any comment about his future will be made at the appropriate time.

I would rather have a fit Player, than one who could end up in a wheelchair.

Hope that Richie receives unambiguous medical advice and bases his decision on that alone. :angel:

Geez Richie it's the rest of your life we are talking about.

If there is a chance of a more serious or permanent injury it just ain't worth it.

My advice would be listen to the doctors and if they say it's OK to play then play. If they say it's not OK - retire.

There is life after footy.

Look after yourself!

Having said that, Wolfman broke his neck and came back so either way good luck.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8