Injury concerns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
CRONULLA might have had some problems with injuries, but Manly are not faring well either ahead of their clash tonight. Halfback Matt Orford (virus), five-eighth Jamie Lyon (leg), centre Steve Bell (leg) and interchange Travis Burns (back) are all in doubt.

Coach Des Hasler said Burns was "almost no chance", Orford was "50/50" and Bell and Lyon were "no certainties either". Bell and Lyon will have fitness tests today.

Matt Ballin has been brought into the squad for Burns. :dance:

For the Sharks, goal-kicking winger Luke Covell is set to return from an ankle injury and is likely to replace Dane Nielsen, who will drop back to the bench. Prop Jacob Selmes has failed to recover from a knee dislocation and second-rower Lance Thompson's comeback from a knee injury has been delayed.

Told you on Tuesday Burns would succumb to somethign or other, I think hes got a terminal case of Thecoachthinksi'ma****wititis.

cant see much footy from him the rest of the year.

We are talking about Ballin / Burns you imbecile.
A bit over the top for someone who often complains about personal attacks, but as you did take it back I will prove that although I too am a "big man" unlike Mr Brohman I can forgive and forget. ;)

Told you on Tuesday Burns would succumb to somethign or other, I think hes got a terminal case of Thecoachthinksi'ma****wititis.

Des looks like he is treating Burns like Bennett did with Hodges when he signed with the roosters a couple of years ago.

It is not going to help burns next year if he doesn't play much for the rest of the sdeason and then tries to pick up where he left off with the cowgirls.

Still stuff him as he made the decision to leave us.

Saw the injury update in the SMH this morning. Outside of King missing it is close to the same team that has got it together over the last two weeks.

Even if Ox, Lyon and Bell were to miss, but I doubt all 3, I would still expect a win. Not the most important game of the year but a real test of whether we will go on this season with another 5 on the road to come.

With the line-up the Sharks have we would need to lose all 3 players tonight to have any excuses. We should win this game and win it really well.

I will be surprised if Bell plays. What coaches do is not announce replacements etc till it is mandatory to do so, ensuring that game plans are not able to be changed. Example - if Sharks knew Neumann was playing right centre they might focus hitting that channel hard. We won't know who is in till an hour before game time tonight.

[quote author=Fro]

Des looks like he is treating Burns like Bennett did with Hodges when he signed with the roosters a couple of years ago.

It is not going to help burns next year if he doesn't play much for the rest of the sdeason and then tries to pick up where he left off with the cowgirls.

Still stuff him as he made the decision to leave us.
[/quote]

My bro was in the dug out last game and said Burns flinched when sitting down and standing up which would relate to a back injury.

Every bloody week we have 1-2 players in doubt with illness

Is a pain in the arse, would love 1-7 to get a good solid run of games to really start to combine well

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4