1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injuries

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Fluffy, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Hurting us out there a fair bit as well as losing both centers for decent periods tonight.

Tafua
    Lyon
    Gutherson
    Foran
    Lawrence
    Starling
    Leary

A fairly decent dent in the team at such an early time, if we can get troops back on the park we will be right back up there.

• Troll Troll x 1
  2. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Injuries in the backs are killing us but injuries in the forwards have been a blessing. Sao and Turbo got their chance and have now made names for themselves. Starling is going to have to fight off one of these two to take a bench spot now.

• Like Like x 5
  3. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,347 / 51
    They are certainly making the most of their opportunities. Toovey seems to really rate Starling, so I think he will make his way back, and Leary will lose his spot. So Starling, Sao, Jake and JSL on the bench possibly.

4. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    I rate Starling as well but I can concede that he is behind Sao and Turbo. At full strength my forward pack would look like this.

8. Burgess
    9. Ballin
    10. Mason
    11. Mateo
    12. Buhrer
    13. Lui

14. Lawrence
    15. Sao
    16. Turbo
    17. Symonds

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +442 / 4
    not knocking Sao, but for me he isn't replacing Starling yet. Starling is the no frills, no nonsense prop every club needs. And you see his work ethic with the way he chased down some fast backs in 2014. Starling might be once paced, but has a big motor.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 60
    I'm very proud of the teams effort, such a huge injury toll, if it were the rabbits the media would be lauding their efforts as miraculous. Take out two of their props, keary, Goodwin, Johnston and then have both their centres miss minutes and they'd be struggling, just like any team would.
    Once we overcome these injuries Taufua will get his spot outside Matai, Foz will get his 5/8 spot so the backs are sorted. The Forwards will be very interesting

8. Mason
    9. Ballin
    10. Lawrence
    11. Mateo
    12. Buhrer
    13. Lui
    INT
    14. Burgess
    15. Starling
    16. Sao
    17. Trbojevic/JSL/Symonds/Leary

That's such a different forward pack. Do we go with 4 props or keep a back rower on the bench?
    Sao is definitely earning his spot. Trbojevic and Burgess don't deserve to be dropped, neither does Symonds.
    Anyway, our pack is taking shape and it's looking better than most feared.

7. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,524 / 134
    How good has Luke Burgess been so far this season?!

• Like Like x 2
  8. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,799 / 58
    If we were parra, our injuries and the result would have the media describe it as "Valiant"

9. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Joe Kelly really made a dud move bringing him in didn't he?

• Like Like x 1
  10. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Lawrence is too small to be a starting prop. He's been stopping as he gets to the line and getting manhandled. Off the bench for mine.

11. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Yep, he's been excellent. Really happy with his effort.

12. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,637 / 45
    With the emergence of these young forwards I'd play mateo at 5/8 and put foran in nsw cup.

Dead serious. Imagine the uproar in the press if we did that. But you know what: foran has been crap since July last year and he was rubbish against the eels in round 1 and he openly lied to the club for months about signing with parra.

Mateo has been on fire at 5/8. Foran can play will willo in nsw cup for mine

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    We at least have the option now of having Bj & Starling coming back through NSW cup to get their fitness up. I said option as tooves will not do it.

Starling will go straight back into the side, the question will be who drops off

14. pjayz

Ratings:
    +2,347 / 51
    Excellent, he is really responding to being given the starting spot and being seen apart from his brothers.

15. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    The team really held their own against a near full strength dogs team. We have been pretty lucky over the last few years with injuries and its good to see some fringe players get their chance.

16. pjayz

Ratings:
    +2,347 / 51
    Yeah I tend to agree that he shouldn't be starting, and I think he will struggle to make the 17 with how the two young ones are going. I think Starling will come back in, but Lawrence might miss out. Back injuries tend to be chronic and could pose a consistent problem for him as well.

17. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,800 / 122
    Yes I can't imagine playing front row in the NRL with a back injury would be very much fun. Better give Lawrence time to get completely right - if he can - because when fit he is definitely up to it.

18. Beer buzzard

Beer buzzard Only tipsy on gamedays 2016 Tipping Competitor

Dee why
    Ratings:
    +267 / 14
    What is the deal with horo at the moment?

19. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    He played first grade last night, should be in nsw cup

• Like Like x 1
  20. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Manly are holding their own with a half a team at the moment. At full strength we will be a force and the back end of the season is an easier draw for us.
    How does the Nrl explain playing the mutts, purple scum and the panthers twice in the first 10 weeks? Dodgy as a used car salesman.
    I honestly expect us to struggle for the first 10. We'll jag a few gritty wins. Losing Cherry for origin will be tough but we'll have Foz by then and a couple of Byes. Could Foz play half with Mateo 5/8?
    I have a feeling Manly will hit their peak at the right time this season and surprise many. They are playing tough.

• Like Like x 3