Injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn't expect Matai to be on the sidelines for too many weeks if at all once swelling goes down. ( straps and injections) and his fitness wont deteriorate.
Still have Whare for centres and someone I have never seen play but Taufua is a wing/centre aswell.

Foran was limping.
Frankly, I injured my heart just watching. I would expect all 17 to have some injuries, and the Worries will do that to other teams. They are big and aggressive. I'm glad we've got that match out of the way.
Because we have so many excellent players we don't have one key man, unlike a lot of sides.
Do you think the Tigers would be premiership favourites if Benji was injured? My point is that we have a very good structure in place that allows us to cope with a few injuries. The reserves come up and perform well, slipping into the established format.
We'll get by with injuries better than most other clubs.

I thought Lussick went OK, not great and not up to the hype. If he can get his head back to size then all good. What's up with Fatboy?

Foran was nearly on one leg for the last 20mins. Did he start the game with his leg strapped ? does anyone know ? The strapping looked like it might be posterior cruciate. If it is only a strain he can play with that.

The commentators said Glenn Stewart's injury was a finger but he strapped like it was in the hand. He would have received a pain killer injection and tomorrow his hand will be swollen and sore and a 5 day turn around is tough.

Matai's thumb - it all depends how close to a joint is. If it is on or next to the joint he is no chance.

it s a 5 day turn around and a disrupted day on Monday with travel.

I would think some would be happy with the injury to Farrar, many on here think he is useless. Big loss imo as we will get injuries throughout the season.

If Matai is out, Jorge Taufua will probably debut seeing he was 18th man today. No complaints if either he or Whare plays though. Hopefully Forans was just a cork and he'll come good by Friday.

EagleRock40 said:
If Matai is out, Jorge Taufua will probably debut seeing he was 18th man today. No complaints if either he or Whare plays though. Hopefully Forans was just a cork and he'll come good by Friday.

definitely not strapped like a cork.

Matabele said:
We are better off without Rose. No defensive heart attacks today.

21882110_954-not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

The Who said:
Foran was limping.
Frankly, I injured my heart just watching. I would expect all 17 to have some injuries, and the Worries will do that to other teams. They are big and aggressive. I'm glad we've got that match out of the way.
Because we have so many excellent players we don't have one key man, unlike a lot of sides.
Do you think the Tigers would be premiership favourites if Benji was injured? My point is that we have a very good structure in place that allows us to cope with a few injuries. The reserves come up and perform well, slipping into the established format.
We'll get by with injuries better than most other clubs.

Foran is quoted in today's paper as saying he is fine.

Matabele said:

I have to agree. I'm in the minority but i thought he was poor in the WCC and i think at times he is very lazy in defence. I feel that he would have been a weak link in the chain yesterday.

Stevo said:
Matabele said:

I have to agree. I'm in the minority but i thought he was poor in the WCC and i think at times he is very lazy in defence. I feel that he would have been a weak link in the chain yesterday.
Think a broken finger / thumb is 4 weeks. Pretty sure Matai has had similar injury in the past.

Rose? Good call by Toovs. It must have been hard, but a fitter, younger guy was chosen over the fat man. The ground was firm and fast and we played like it in the first half. Fatboys poor lateral defense can be a heart-stopper. Maybe he can be used in mud-heaps if there are any left. He really does need to get his gut under control. Our forwards looked fit, muscled and lean. Eye candy for Cambo. Donny Singe needs to be congratulated.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6