• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Has anyone heard yet about the injuries to
Beaver's hamstring
Mark Byant's knee
Michael Bani
Luke Willo
or any others

It may be only the morning after but our roster is going to be streched a little

Nope, nothin on MSE may have to wait until Zorbas show 2morrow mrning

I would say Bani and Willo will be ok.

Beav looks in trouble for an extended period, and probably Bryant for 1-2 weeks.

Hall to come in for Bryant and Afa for Beav

low grade tear for menzies is 2 weeks probaly

http://rleague.com/db/article.php?id=30171

Manly scored a couragoues 20-16 victory against Parramatta last night with four Sea Eagles players forced to leave the field during the match and Manly also had to overcome a lopsided penalty count to get the two points.

Winger Michael Bani has been cleared of any serious injury. Manly's medical staff will assess his situation before next week's game against the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval. Bani was stretchered off the field seconds before half-time.

Steve Menzies hopes of beating Terry Lamb's all-time premiership record for appearances this season appears out of reach after suffering a low grade hamstring tear and will miss at least 2 weeks. Menzies was injured supporting a break leading up to the opening try where Bani scored following some crazy football by Eric Grothe in the lead up to the try.

Prop Mark Bryant suffered a knee injury and is in doubt for next week and Luke Williamson suffered a concussion and will be assessed before next game.

I'd go with Wells instead of Afamasaga for Menzies. A backrow of G. Stewart, Cuthbertson with Wells at lock is still pretty damn good. Plus, he's more of a ball-player than Afamasaga, which is what we need at the moment. 

Listening to Zorba a bit this morning, said Bani could be out for a little while, whatever that means.

Did Williamson spend a long time on the sideline after a concussion a few years ago? Not sure if it would affect his recovery this week.

Zorba is an idiot... 'matai will play in a position that will suprise us...' what.. centre ? the position hes played all his career?

Footy show this morning said beaver has a grade 2 - 3 tear. They said anything from 2 - 4 weeks but we saw how long it took him to shrug off his hamstring problem last year.

I hate to say it but I think this should be beavers last year. He doesn't deserve to go out at the bottom of the game. Give it up while he is still playing decent footy.

Canteen Worker link said:
Beaver had a groin-abductor problem last year. Don't rely on the press for accurate info - they like playing ducks and drakes.

Once again, abductors arent in the groin area. ADDUCTORS are.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=177368.msg182771#msg182771 date=1208697593]
Beaver had a groin-abductor problem last year. Don't rely on the press for accurate info - they like playing ducks and drakes.

Once again, abductors arent in the groin area[/quote]

some are

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=177368.msg182771#msg182771 date=1208697593]

Once again, abductors arent in the groin area. ADDUCTORS are.
[/quote]They are closely associated. I didn't say it but last year I had a similar problem and both the lower gut and groin area were treated!!!! ;)

DVS Matt link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=177368.msg182806#msg182806 date=1208747397]

Once again, abductors arent in the groin area[/quote]

some are
[/quote]

Which ones Matt?

I've explained this once before but Ill have another crack for CW and Matt's benefit.

Abduction = Movement of a limb away from the body
Adduction - Opposite of abduction

Leg Abduction - The movement of the leg away from body to the side.
Muscles used - Glute Medius, Glute Min, Glute max and TFL

Led Adduction - Bringing the leg back in toward the body
Muscles used - Adductor Magnus, Addcutor Brevis and Adductor Longus)

CW, the muscles around your lower stomach have absolutely nothing to do with ABDUCTION.

I would be sacking my physio if I were you.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6