Information for those attending the Titans game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From a QLD Sea Eagles perspective this is what's on.

Saturday 23rd May

Unofficial get together in Bar of Crowne Plaza hotel from about 5.00pm (this is where the "official" function is being held so not far to walk!!

Offical function (available though www.mwse.com.au) at Crowne Plaza Hotel Surfers Paradise from 6.30pm-9.30pm.

Two options for after drinks (dependant on age)

The young one's ...The Titanium Bar (also the main drinking hole for TItans supporters), music/ nightclub a top spot (so I have heard).

The young at heart's....The Clock Hotel, they are actually not that far apart and are in the centre of the coast's night club / bar area.

Sunday 24th

Pre Game get together at the Robina Tavern...note there are courtesy coaches from there to Skilled Stadium.

This will start from 11.00am, an area out the back has been designated as being for the Manly supporters.

Game commences at 3.00pm.

For those staying Sunday night the Titanium Bar would be a good spot after the game BUT full of Titans supporters so beware...they might bite!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
For those staying Sunday night the Titanium Bar would be a good spot after the game BUT full of Titans supporters so beware...they might bite!!

They wont after they have been given a flogging

yes mate you are SO right.

I reckon we are up for this game...the momentum is with the 2008 Premiers...it all started in Brisbane and the Gold Coast will keep it rolling right along!!

Really lookin' forward to this!

Several Sea Eagles supporter mates & I have planned this from last year, I am flying up from Newcastle NSW to visit my sister in Brisbane, and hooking up with the mates Sunday for the big game at Robina.

We are gonna head to the Dog & Parrot Hotel in Robina for lunch and pre-game beers, and head into the stadium in time to see the Under 20's game.

I'll be putting a few bets on the Sea Eagles (e.g. to win by 14-18, to win by 13+, some combies and 1st try scorers)

Hopefully Manly will stay pretty cohesive in both defense & offense and work toward some good backline plays to give it to 'em!

Rar!

Will be watching the weather report closely too, at this stage Saturday has "Showers. Windy. Max 22"

Let's hope it clears up there Sat night and all of Sunday is a bright sunny day (fingers crossed!)

SSAR...firstly you should be going to Robina Tavern...that's where the bulk of our supporters will be!!!

Daring...you can try earlier in the day (if you are coming early) but usually from about 2.00pm.......if you get there earlier, if the room is ready they'll pop you straight in, otherwise you may have to wait until later.

Don't forget get together drinks from 5.00pm in the CP Hotel bar before the official function.

By the way don't park too close to the ground or at least make sure where you park you are allowed to park, because they WILL ticket you

Nicci may make it to this match. If you see a woman with a face like Angelina Jolie and breasts like Pamela Anderson, sitting in a corporate box sipping champagne and eating king prawns, well, that wont be me.
I'll be one of the one-eyed women in the cheap seats, possibly eating a pie.
In a light moment a male friend and I discussed the possibilities of being streakers at this match - wearing maroon and white body paint in vital places of course. We decided against this as due to my profession: a., I would no longer have a job, and, b., It might be cold.

ssar link said:
Really lookin' forward to this!

Several Sea Eagles supporter mates & I have planned this from last year, I am flying up from Newcastle NSW to visit my sister in Brisbane, and hooking up with the mates Sunday for the big game at Robina.

We are gonna head to the Dog & Parrot Hotel in Robina for lunch and pre-game beers, and head into the stadium in time to see the Under 20's game.

I'll be putting a few bets on the Sea Eagles (e.g. to win by 14-18, to win by 13+, some combies and 1st try scorers)

Hopefully Manly will stay pretty cohesive in both defense & offense and work toward some good backline plays to give it to 'em!

Rar!

a fair hike from Dog and Parrot to the staduim considering the closer alternatives.

Dan link said:
By the way don't park too close to the ground or at least make sure where you park you are allowed to park, because they WILL ticket you

you coming down dan...

btw guy best if you park at say helenvale or nerang if you are coming from bissy and just catching the train the rest of the way.

Nicci.....if you are seriously thinking of coming make sure you sit with us LUNATICS in Bay S14, away supporters bay.

If driving from Brisbane take the Nerang exit and use the free "Park and Ride" there is NO PARKING close to Skilled and as Dan said if you park there it will be an expensive park!!!

And re Dog and Parrot, it's a bit like buying a ticket to sit with the Titans supporters rather than being with the "family" in S14...The Robina Tavern will be packed to the rafters with Sea Eagles supporters!!!

Dan are you coming???

If so maybe e-mail me so we can arrange to put names to faces!!!!

Ill be making an appearance, catching a train lonely from Brissy  :-\, I'll make sure ill get in bay S14, GO the eagles!!

On another note if it rains well it will means the  ratio for Manly - Titans Supporters ratio increases because nearly all Manly people going to the GC are committed whereas the GC supporters have a choice. Would be good to have a beer in the Tavern afterwards celebrating a win!

According to Google Maps:

Dog and Parrot = 3km from Skilled Stadium
Robina Tavern = 3km from Skilled Stadium

They are both the same distance but if you want friendly faces, it is probably best to stick with the Robina Tavern option.

I will talk to Leanne when I get back to QLD on Firday. We dont have much cash at the moment and have both been travelling for work for the past 2 weeks so we may not be up for more

Quick question, based on the weather, what happens if everythings been paid for - but due to road closures we can't get there?

Dog & Parrot (for our crew) was arranged by others agers ago, shrug, I'm just hooking up with mates. As long as the beer is good.
Also, it doesn't look that far from the stadium, just southeast of that huge pumping Robina shopping centre about 2 kms south of the stadium.

Wearing mostly only (maroon & white) bodypaint to the game would be interesting.. ;)

Yea, the weather looks a bit nasty en route to there, one of our crew is driving up for a family trip but is worried about roads closed/floods in NE NSW.
He's gonna give me all our tickets to take with me on my plane.

No idea where we are sitting, but I'll keep an eye out for the S14 Bay and yell a few cheers across to there!

Go Manly!

Trains planes and automobiles at the moment but really looking forward to the trip.
If you can change your plans then the Robina Tavern is THE place for Manly supporters to head pre-game.
I was there last year and the atmosphere was brilliant and the place was packed with Manly and absolutely buzzing - boding well for the same this weekend - Looking at the "likely" boys and girls that are heading down on the bus from the Crowne Plaza alone will mean it will be a hoot let alone when those that have told me they will see us there are then included?
Last year, As pretty much everyone had travelled for the game they were all up for a good time and a great place to catch up with everyone and for those who can't make it to too many games it was a chance to meet people that they knew from forums or catch up with others that they hadn't seen for a while.
Re BAY S14 - Not sure how many we have in there but from experience (eg Brissie a couple of weeks ago) Once people see the group in there and hear the noise that they make they simply HAVE to be involved rather than sitting with the home supporters.
Generally security are reasonably happy to let people take up spare seats if they come from another part of the ground but a BIG SMILE and polite manners work wonders if you are trying to do that (Staggering and swearing don't?) so that may be an option if anyone wants to join in but has tickets for other parts of the ground? (That's right isn't it Mata? - He chose to sit with the Broncos in the posh seats but was over in our end pretty sharpish during the game!)
Cheers
Vid

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Nicci.....if you are seriously thinking of coming make sure you sit with us LUNATICS in Bay S14, away supporters bay.

If driving from Brisbane take the Nerang exit and use the free \"Park and Ride\" there is NO PARKING close to Skilled and as Dan said if you park there it will be an expensive park!!!

And re Dog and Parrot, it's a bit like buying a ticket to sit with the Titans supporters rather than being with the \"family\" in S14...The Robina Tavern will be packed to the rafters with Sea Eagles supporters!!!

Dan are you coming???

If so maybe e-mail me so we can arrange to put names to faces!!!!
Damn serious about coming. My friend bought the tickets today. I'm a GC local so we'll be on a bus. It would certainly be interesting to see what you mad fellas look like.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6