Indigenous all-stars team v NRL All Stars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Predominantly" then. LoL. Sorry Georgie Rose.

George Rose nickname should be George The Animal Steel, the big unit.

Why are they surprised Ennis missed the shortlist? The guy played average football all year, everyone hates him and there is no way he gets picked above Smith and Farah anyway. Should never have been the blues 9 this year.

Farah in a heartbeat, at least he has some attacking ability and although he has a perchant for low percentage plays when he gets into open space he still gets players across the line regularly. His runs out of dummy and his ruck control are stronger than Ennis'.
There are a lot of Farah haters out there so if you don't think Farah is the right guy I'd rather see Dean Young than Ennis cause at least he is a leader. He does the same job as Ennis but he is a better director of men and can help lead the forwards around when you have a young halfback like Pearce. Young rarely, if ever makes the wrong choice in his runners and decoys, has a lot of respect from fellow players and is tough as nails in defense. His weakness would be that he isn't overly creative in a 9 and he is actually a better 13 but I still think he controls the pace well and would be a calm head in what was a nervous blues team this year.
Ennis is a glorified distributer who gets too much credit for his "ability" to be a niggler. Bird, Gallen and Leroyd-Lars handle the niggle more than capably there isn't a need for him that I don't think can be better fulfilled by others

Ant80 link said:
Courier Mail had Tony Williams listed as Jason Williams. When I read it I was like who the f**k is Jason Williams?

Such a professional outfit News Ltd are. What a pack of wankers, dont let facts get in the way of making **** up or pulling names out of your arse

Here is the Allstar Team I just voted for

1 Hayne (Eels)
2 Uate (Knights)
3 Lyon (Sea Eagles)
4 Gordon (Panthers)
5 Vatuvei (Warriors)
6 Lockyer (auto pick)
7 Marshall (auto pick)
8 Scott (Cowboys)
9 Smith (Storm)
10 Shillington (Raiders)
11 Ellis (Tigers)
12 Taylor (Rabbitohs)
13 Gallen (Sharks)
14 Hannant (Broncos)
15 Eastwood (Bulldogs)
16 Harrison (Titans)
17 Young (Dragons)
18 Carney (Roosters)

Some clubs were easy, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Broncos etc only have one player I would pick. Some were hard like picking Shillington over Dugan, Uate over Gidley, Carney over Kenny-Dowall. Some were tricky like when I made my picks I didn't have a Titan so I has to add Harrison, but it meant I had 3 2nd rowers on teh bench so I changed Pritchard into Eastwood. Also controversially I picked Gordon over Jennings as a Centre cause I think he is a more consistant player but it also locked out Lewis but I think I made a good 2nd row.

Who did everyone else vote for?

1. Zillman
2. Vatuvei
3. Lyon
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Lockyer
7. Marshall
8. Civoniceva
9. Smith
10. Shillington
11. Gallen
12. Taylor
13. Parker

14. Eastwood
15. Carney
16. Hindmarsh
17. Young

18. Scott

The All Star team

1 Josh Dugan (Canberra), 2 Akuila Uate (Newcastle), 3 Michael Jennings (Penrith,) 4 Jamie Lyon (Manly), 5 Brett Morris (St George Illawarra), 6 Darren Lockyer (Brisbane), 7 Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers), 8 Ben Hannant (Brisbane), 9 Cameron Smith (Melbourne), 10 Matt Scott (Nth Qld), 11 Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta), 12 Gareth Ellis (Wests Tigers) 13 Paul Gallen (Cronulla).

Bench: David Taylor (South Sydney), Ashley Harrison (Gold Coast), Feleti Mateo (Warriors), Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Sydney Roosters), Michael Ennis (Canterbury).

Coach's pick: Petero Civoniceva (Penrith), Kurt Gidley (Newcastle).

I find it amusing Gidley only made the team because he was a coach's pick. Most NRL fans don't rate him and can't understand how he was picked as NSW captain. He is good utility option but that is it. He will never be the best player in any one position.

King link said:
I find it amusing Gidley only made the team because he was a coach's pick. Most NRL fans don't rate him and can't understand how he was picked as NSW captain. He is good utility option but that is it. He will never be the best player in any one position.

Hopefully he will get injured.......again

FFS, we should have all gone out of our way to get Tony Williams in the line-up instead of Lyon. Seriously, if Lyon gets injured, I'll be filthy.

Another player like T Williams, who should feel they were a major contributor to last seasons terrible form, and lack of heart. Choc is our marquee forward, and he has been terrible, and let his team mates down. Improvement required please.

Ryan link said:
FFS, we should have all gone out of our way to get Tony Williams in the line-up instead of Lyon. Seriously, if Lyon gets injured, I'll be filthy.

Probably all that would have happened is both in and both injured.

I know I've banged on about this before, but I'll say it again, This is a ridiculous, pointless, meaningless fiasco that puts players at risked of injury unnecessarily.

I want each and every Manly fan to think about how much they like this concept if Jamie Lyon suffers a season ending injury.

Absolutely stupid and ridiculous!!!!!

Ryan link said:

That's all well and good but then you'd just have to convince the people that don't go for Manly to vote for Tony Williams.

Another thing is for the people that say Manly player's shouldn't participate in this game, the club's get a grant.
If a club stopped players playing in the Rep games how many of those players would hang around at that club?

I wasn't trying to make a point about rep footy. That is fine. I was trying to make a point about She-Rex.

Ryan link said:
I wasn't trying to make a point about rep footy. That is fine. I was trying to make a point about She-Rex.

He was our top try scorer and improved massively,give the kid a break what do you want him to be at this age?

Couple of tweets from George Rose

Alot of talk about me being able to catch Jamie Lyon tonight. Let me just tell u I will race him!!! After I beat him ill bust him open #nrl

I will not let Jamie Lyon leave the field tonight without stitches or bleeding caused by me. I'm coming for you killer!!! #nrl

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2