Independant commission about to be less independant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I did have some business-related dealings with Richardson when he was CEO at the 'Riff. He struck me as a genuine bloke. So I think this will be a positive appointment for RL. He moves around. Before the 'Riff he'd done well with a UK club. He is an astute operator.

And we won't be losing Greenturd either, I see he's being moved into another role at headquarters. Souths and the Dogs are looking good for another GF this year.

Prefer the NRL to be run professionally, which it could be argued is seriously lacking at the moment.

I predict that Soccer will overtake rugby league as the number two game in Australia in the next few years. I see us behind ARL now and going backwards but would be extremely happy to be proven wrong.

They play soccer all year round A league in summer and club leagues in winter. They also have several competitions that appear to run concurrently.

Unless the NRL addresses this it might become a dead duck in the future.

The NRL needs to run a summer cup using the reserves and islands along with country rugby league to combat soccer.

There needs to be a staged and detailed expansion of the NRL to 18 teams in 2018 and then to 20 teams in 2022.

Rules need to be trialled for a year in the lower grades before they are implemented in the NRL.

There are too many others to list here.

Are Souffs in a bit of trouble - back office decimated with Richardson and Joe Kelly quitting, player exodus - Burgess, Teo, Tuiri all walking out!

It seems media would put a different spin on it if this was happening at Brookie

Also it is great that Greenturd looks like getting a demotion - a true reward for being a low flying punt!

Are Souffs in a bit of trouble - back office decimated with Richardson and Joe Kelly quitting, player exodus - Burgess, Teo, Tuiri all walking out!

It seems media would put a different spin on it if this was happening at Brookie
I'm surprised they let Kelly go. They would have known Richardson's departure was likely. I hope they don;t try and lure him back.

No story here you want the best people (not saying Richardson is that) and most people have an allegiance or have worked for a club or clubs in Richardson's case. I see this no different 2 Arko and Quayle the best 2 administrators the game has had yet both came from Manly and the Roosters respectively. When it can cause trouble is an idiot like greenturd but he was nothing but a media darling that's why he got the job

Anyone but Greenturd, he is a blight on the game!

You can see where the real power in the game is. Get used to the vermin, rorters and dirty dogs to get continued favours.

Just imagine if Michael Searle had made his way into a position of power as was mooted a few years back.

No, I reckon Richardson is just being smart.
He's been at Souths since about 2005/6 and he's reached the pinnacle there, and perhaps downhill from now on if he stayed,at the NRL his job won't be decided by onfield success, so he'll have quite a few years to go there as well,

Sorry but our Independent commission is no longer that...Richardson was involved in the formation of the commission, now he has his snout in the trough of the governing body....I really believe it is a poor choice to have him and Greenturd involved in the running of the NRL....
In his new NRL role Richardson will be focused on supporting growth and development of the game from the grassroots through to international and elite levels...in 2010 that was one of the key elements of the commission roles, who has been doing it since then????

ps...what does David Smith do by the way????

A big positive I can see is that Richardson and Joe Kelly worked closely together for a long time. That hopefully moves us closer to the fire in head office.

I don't see Richardson as a dyed in the wool Rabbit anyway. He was at Cronulla for a lot of their successful years in the 90's then moved to Penrith with John Lang and won a premiership there in the early 2000's later moving to Souths. The guy knows his stuff, and I reckon they wanted him in the NRL head office years ago but he wanted to stay to get that Premiership at Souths, Its probably why the NRL engineered Souths victory, so that Richo would finally leave.

Some people are never happy

I consistently read comments re the game being out of touch and not enough "footy" people being involved. He strikes me as a football professional (considering the number of clubs he has been at) not a soufs man.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6