incredibly signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker link said:
Lyon was the last big name for sure. Orford, Kite, Kennedy and Bell were bought as big names - Tony Williams was bought as a boom youngster though not many would call him a big name.

We have done well buying unwanted footballers or those needing a change of scenery. Shane Rodney, Joe Guluvao, Perry (in 2008), L'Estrange, Michael Robertson, Mark Bryant, Wolfman, Farrar, Matt Cross, George Rose are examples.

Mix this with longer term Sea Eagles like  Choc and Jason King, with some bought as youngsters such as Ballin, the Stewarts etc and the new rookies coming through the system like Young Hoppa, Foran, Whare and there is quite a good balance if you ask me.

CW, That is a very good point you have made.

One or two big names to pass on experience to up and coming youngsters and you have a recipe worthy of mastercoach (chef)

Baz, mate, no disrespect (and maybe this is because I'm getting older and crankier), but these cods-whollop threads are a bit of a grind mate (no offense intended)...

Cooper Cronk has as much chance of being 1/2 back for Manly as I do.

We may not be able to sign Matai due to cap constraints...lets focus on that.

hey Ryan
I was waiting for the king hit slam the door shut response
you duly delivered
I was wondering shall we all just start posting about the architecture of the Jane Try Stand? or maybe the type of wood used in the goalposts at Brookie?
that would be really riveting and wouldn't piss you off too bad

haha Baz,

Dont take it to heart, Ryan rides a constant roller coaster of emotions and is a cynic and a pessimist, but a great guy.

If you hear rumours that have some weight then definitely post them, if this one comes good, just rub it in everyones faces....that's what I would do....just like "5th"

BAZ link said:
hey Ryan
I was waiting for the king hit slam the door shut response
you duly delivered
I was wondering shall we all just start posting about the architecture of the Jane Try Stand? or maybe the type of wood used in the goalposts at Brookie?
that would be really riveting and wouldn't piss you off too bad

I understand that there are limited discussion topics to discuss, but manufacturing one for the sake of it?

I'd love for this to be true for the record.

Just won't happen.

I'd rather us discuss how we fit Hoppa / Whare / Farrar in a backline that may include:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

I don't want to lose ANY of the players listed.....there will be tough decisions ahead. I also think Whare has the capacity to be as good, if not better than Matai longer term (and without hopefully all the injury issues).

Dan link said:
If you hear rumours that have some weight then definitely post them, if this one comes good, just rub it in everyones faces....that's what I would do....just like \"5th\"

Based on that comparison, Cronk should be playing with us in 2013! ;D

Frogz link said:
[quote author=brookie link=topic=184216.msg277421#msg277421 date=1279780954]
only two yrs older than you, but it does put me in a different age bracket!
you're only as old as you feel right?

My Dad use to say "your only as old as the woman you feel"
[/quote]
well she's only 26yo ;)

BAZ link said:
or maybe the type of wood used in the goalposts at Brookie?

I'm keen to discuss this... it could be important. They're metal, aren't they?

P.S. Cronk is the only Storm player I would want in a Manly jersey. He seems to be the only one who is a decent bloke, just going by the way he acts on & off the fiels, plus he was all class after the 40-0 GF loss.

well Ryan here's the deal
I respect your insightful and very perceptive posts
kindly show me the same respect please
you can do that by apologising for saying that I manufactured the Cronk post for the sake of it
read the original post
I heard the Cronk tip from a source that is very often if never wrong
I don't think thats manufacturing a topic for the sake of it
do you?

BAZ link said:
well Ryan here's the deal
I respect your insightful and very perceptive posts
kindly show me the same respect please
you can do that by apologising for saying that I manufactured the Cronk post for the sake of it
read the original post
I heard the Cronk tip from a source that is very often if never wrong
I don't think thats manufacturing a topic for the sake of it
do you?

I don't think thats what he was saying BAZ, the way I read it was that posting about the Jane Try stand or the wood used in the goal posts would be manufacturing a topic for the sake of it, not this thread.

Id be over the moon if this was true, but find it hard to believe.

Cronks on "just" $400-450k right? Considering the player he is, and the fact that hes locked in for a couple more seasons, no way would Melbourne LET him go. Its not worth their while.

Thats unless he pulls a Hannant/Folau and gets released on compassionate grounds, but he doesnt seem the type.

That being said, Baz, I hope your source is on the money!

No disrespect to you BAZ but you're gonna get those sorts of replys making a thread about fact and refusing to name a source. Not because people think you are lying (however, a lot will), but because the things you are saying about this possible signing are no more credible than a rumor to those who you are trying to sell to.

If I had a dollar for every time someone on this website said "i was told by a very reliable source, but i can't say who" i'd be flying every single manly member to every single manly game on the house.

Unfortunatly unless you can put a credible name to your info, your thread will be as credible to most posters as the next inside scoop thread.

I for one hope you are 100% on the money. But just balancing that melbourne have sold near their entire team to keep cronk smith and slater, we can't afford to sign Matai, Cronk has stated hes not going to parramatta and not leaving melbourne, that we put an offer on the table for our previous halfback, i just have to lean towards the negative like ryan; unless you can name drop and add weight to your argument.

DSM5 link said:
Can't see the point in any signings other than a front rower and a 5/8th.

I agree about front-rower, but I think we need another halfback more than a 5/8th. I'm also guessing you think Liam Higgins will be our next back-up hooker? (not meaning to criticise or anything, as I think he'd be good, I'm just curious)

I'd love it if we got Cronk, but I'll believe it when it happens. Wallace might be a more achieveable player to target.

Rusty link said:
I don't think it is that unlikely.... Orford was on $600,000 a season,

$600,000 per season !!  Do you want to edit that post ?

It is possible for Melbourne to let go of their high priced players at a negotiated price and then themselves contribute to the difference.

I am hearing that Melbourne will still be paying approx $125k per season for Inglis. The Roosters still pay more than half of Mason's playing fee.

Des was on 2sm this aftrenoon saying that the NRL needs to go back to a reserve grade because there is now a scarcity of good front rowers around.

He said that front rowers dont develop at 19 or 20.  That makes it even worse that we couldn't hold onto JWH and Tasi

Earlier on it was also reported that the nrl would not count payments that Melbourne have to pay for players they let go to other clubs. So we could pick up Cronkite for less storm foot part of the bill and don't get cap charges for it

Cronk could do no better than join the club that put 40-0 against his name in a grand final. Might help to vanquish those demons.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7