Incompetence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyMatt

Reserve Grader
Please hear me out guys and I'll try not to turn this into a dummy spit, although I am hurting at the loss of Gutho as he is one of our own and you don't let those players go, no matter what the circumstances are. Anyway for me it is fast getting to the point where I have lost faith in the current management and becoming more sure that the club as we know it is being destroyed while we the fans stand back helpless to do anything. Besides the fact those in charge (penns, Fulton and zorba) are not likeable people to begin with, the handling of player retention and recruitment has been a failure highlighted in my opinion by the loss of Foran, Sao and gutherson. The treatment of Geoff Toovey was a failure, the sacking of a club legend due to vendettas in favour of an ex-dragons player was handled poorly and not in the manly spirit. The in house fighting hasn't improved and neither has the clubs relationship with the media. Plans to upgrade Brookvale have not come to fruition and at the current trajectory we will be playing out of the sfs in as close as 2 years. At this point, even with a successful 2016, will it be at the expense of the manly culture and spirit we are very proud of? I'm trying not to make this a rant but these are my true feelings. I want to put it to you guys. Is there anything we can do if and when the penns go too far? Or is it a lost cause and our mighty club is now a play thing to the rich? Surely we have an outlet to protect what is truely ours at the end of the day. Money can't buy the true essence of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

,,,, Is there anything we can do if and when the penns go too far? Or is it a lost cause and our mighty club is now a play thing to the rich? Surely we have an outlet to protect what is truely ours at the end of the day. Money can't buy the true essence of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.
http://membership.manlyfootballclub.com.au/
You can sign up to be a Manly Football Club Member. After 3 consecutive years, you get to vote on the aspects of Manly - colours, name, Brookie.:)

Otherwise, as a majority Shareholder/Owners, the current mob can run us into the ground - but it's their actual monies if we stop buying Memberships, so it won't be forever. I doubt that they would stay after the real estate deal to build on Community Land, is officially refused by Warringah Council and the Courts of Appeal etc.

Due to the Broadcast requirements of 8 NRL games per week, I don't believe that Manly is in any danger of becoming defunct. Case in point, the NRL are currently paying the upkeep of the Tigers,Titans,Knights and in part the Saints Franchises.@:cool:

So sit back and grit your teeth, as it will get worse before we as Fans see the reinstatement of the Manly Identity.
I feel that this whole episode is akin to the Northern Eagles era - it was as ugly, but it's now dead :sweating:

We can cheer Manly Warringah Sea Eagles on, regardless of Management :nod:

Wishing the NYC Team all the very best for Sunday's GF win :party::clap::inlove:

My concern isn't that we end up playing out of the SFS, it's more we end up playing out of Perth or Adelaide or some other expansion area which lessens the teams on Sydney.

The problem is I think that we becoming disenfranchised with the club, and ultimately it may result in lower crowds, lower memberships, and add to that the ongoing Brookie issues.......

I hope I'm way way way off base. But I'm getting very over it. Almost to the point where it's more 'what no issues this week? My god it must be a blue moon'.

All I care about is on field results. If we kick off next season and win the first 5 then none of this will amount to sh1t.

The whining on this site has become utterly irrational and I suspect will only fester and feed off itself for the entire off season. See you all in the lead up to the first trial.

A sincere Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to each and every one of you, stay safe.

All I care about is on field results. If we kick off next season and win the first 5 then none of this will amount to sh1t.

The whining on this site has become utterly irrational and I suspect will only fester and feed off itself for the entire off season. See you all in the lead up to the first trial.

A sincere Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to each and every one of you, stay safe.
you too Ralphie,lol

I get what your saying but all of this will affect on field results. Plus would you still only care about on field results if we were playing out of the SFS or worse nowhere. I don't thinks it's irrational to have grievances with the way the club is being run at the moment. It doesn't feel like the Manly I know and love so dearly.

I have no idea about anything but deathriding the Bulldogs, but I do worry about the intentions of non-league/corporates like the Penns. I think they have done some accounting and have come to the decision that somehow there is money to be made in owning a rugby league club.

Maybe they have looked at all the grants (salary cap plus admin) from the NRL via television deals and then put some expenses (from hiring Brookie to paying a coach) on the other side of the ledger and come up with a positive (black) number.

Maybe they want to get their hands on the expensive property that Manly owns - I don't know - do we (as in Manly = Penns) own the land around Brookie any more?

I am pretty ignorant of the ownership issues. I must become more informed. It would be great if there was a situation where supporters could become shareholders. I don't know - 10,000 share holders at say $5000 dollars each (some could afford more / some less). I know one thing - the amount of money I blow on bloody stupid sports bets a year would go along way. That's 1 * 5 with 7 zeros - $50000000.

eAm I completely naive? On drugs? Should I stick to ****house sporting predictions?

Last edited:
Lol who here is disenfranchised with the club? The 2015 season isn't even over yet and all this drama is keeping us glued to our screens. The club still exists, is still here and this is good offseason drama to keep us guessing on what's gonna happen. Rugby league is ultimately entertainment and this is just more of that. Something to kill the time shooting the ****...

My concern isn't that we end up playing out of the SFS, it's more we end up playing out of Perth or Adelaide or some other expansion area which lessens the teams on Sydney.

The problem is I think that we becoming disenfranchised with the club, and ultimately it may result in lower crowds, lower memberships, and add to that the ongoing Brookie issues.......

I hope I'm way way way off base. But I'm getting very over it. Almost to the point where it's more 'what no issues this week? My god it must be a blue moon'.
1 person will save the club from moving to Perth or Adelaide in the next 6 to 8 yrs,DCE.They move there,they go without their most expensive player

Ok Nero. Off ya go! @:cool:@;)

Zorba has stated that Sydney is the preferred option, as the Kebab shops are 10 fold of their Perth counterparts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7