In the running for Blake Ferguson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chuck

Reserve Grader
Did anyone see this in yesterday's SMH, it mentioned we are in the running with 3 other clubs to sign Blake Ferguson and a decision will be made next week.

Didn't think another back was high on our priority list, perhaps T-Rex is on the way out? If D Williams and Stewart come back fit next year and throw Hoppa and Whare into the mix, there is certainly a log-jam for spots.

Hearing that the Roosters are frontrunners, but they are with every off contract player - it seems!

Yeah the Roosters seem to grab every young gun at the moment. I honestly can't see how they can be under the cap....

abnc link said:
Yeah the Roosters seem to grab every young gun at the moment. I honestly can't see how they can be under the cap....

And they have Melbourne's former recruitment manager...

Coincidence???  I think not!

The Roosters have the same recruitment manager as The Storm has had for the past few years....

I just hope they hide the players 2nd and 3rd contracts better this time round.

Ferguson has trouble written all over him and to be honest I don't think he is that good.  I would steer well clear, would be a shame to lose players to pick him up.

TBH wouldn't want him. The bloke has shown in comments he has made towards the Sharks that he hasn't got a ticker to stick around through thick and thin

if we buy 1 MORE BACK OR UTILITY IM  GOING TO BE GOING OFF!!!!!!!!!!..  we have  good young pups in the 20`s & qld cup we dnt need to sign extra backs, like a few said we need more bulldozers..lol ;D

He's been given a rough go in the past couple of months. He said what most people already know: that the Sharks aren't going places. He has a get-out clause, and he's free to exercise it. And he's been hammered for it! Seems a bit harsh from my point of view.

Tell you what though, he can score a freakish try. Give him half an inch and a corner post and he'll manage to find the tryline.

Why would we be in the running for Blake Ferguson? if we are, why didn't we usse the money to sign up Hodkinson??

No, the Roosters took our best 2 promising forwards 2 years in a row!! Will they make us a 'feederclub trifecta" in 2012? Hoppa probably fits next! Roosters rate Crusher as a development officer and take his gems after we develop them! Seems we are going to have a pack of George Roses, Galavuos and Crosses in 2011!! Not likely to cause any great fear in any nrl team unfortunately!  :-[

I don't rate Ferguson at all. He is overrated... by himself more than anyone. We have good backs with plenty of years left in them... We unearthed Whare earlier this year - he scored a hat-trick on debut. Plus our 20s have been competitive the past couple of seasons.

Darren link said:
No, the Roosters took our best 2 promising forwards 2 years in a row!! Will they make us a 'feederclub trifecta\" in 2012? Hoppa probably fits next! Roosters rate Crusher as a development officer and take his gems after we develop them! Seems we are going to have a pack of George Roses, Galavuos and Crosses in 2011!! Not likely to cause any great fear in any nrl team unfortunately!  :-[
I would really love it if we could one day sign one from them. Probably wont happen as it seems we're just letting our forwards go but that Mose Maseo goes really well. He's only 21 and plays tough. Wonder when he comes off contract. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6