In the event of losing both Foran and DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For mine JLJ is not a viable option

Good player and excellent fill in, but not a regular starter

**** off the renegades, and play:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Jack Litteljohn / DCE

still a solid backline.

Craig Field should be available in about 10 years with good behaviour.

If Jye Mullane doing anything these days?

If they both go we have a lot of money to throw around or secure youngsters with. Seizer would be a real goer if he could keep on top of his injuries.

If we lose them both. My attitude is sit them out and rebuild now:

1. Snake
2. Turbo
3. Hiku
4, Matai
5. Blair
6. Gutherson
7. Lyon

Not sure how Gutho would go at 6. But give him a go, and whilst Turbo is probably a year off 1st grade, give him experience now. On the plus side we would have Snake, Killer, Matai with loads of experience.

I'm thinking DCE stay's after today's news. Whether that's a good thing for the club I don't know but it's probably better than losing both.

My two bobs...
If we lose both or one, it'll be because of $$$ & more $.
We still have the hangover of continued success which costs us $$ and keeping our eye on the future stars - Hiku, Gutho, Turbo's etc who command more $$ earlier these days.
Factor in Snake, Lyon, Matai, Buhrer, Ballin who don't play for chicken feed and there's your cap filling up.
Other clubs will always have to offer overs to entice players away from us.
How many players do hear that leave any club and go to another for less money, especially international 5/8's and halfbacks?

So ASSUMING we lose both. Since end 2009 the last 5 seasons we have lost
JWH, Whare, T Rex, Hoppa Jr, Lussick, Gift, Choc, Rose, Rodney, Gower, Kite, Fa'aoso, King, Hodkinson, Galuvao, Robbo, Mauro. That is a ridiculous turnover in players for a topline club. Yes some have retired but Ballin and Buhrer are the only 2 forwards left from the 2011 GF squad. IF DCE and Foz go then someone needs to ask why we can't retain players especially since Toovey took over.

JWH, Whare, T Rex, Hoppa Jr, Lussick, Gift, Choc, Rose, Rodney, Gower, Kite, Fa'aoso, King, Hodkinson, Galuvao, Robbo, Mauro. That is a ridiculous turnover in players for a topline club. Yes some have retired but Ballin and Buhrer are the only 2 forwards left from the 2011 GF squad. IF DCE and Foz go then someone needs to ask why we can't retain players especially since Toovey took over.

would suggest the exponential increases in the salary cap has a lot to do with it...

It's blatantly obvious Manly have been riding in the back of Desi's coattails. Since he's departure our squad succession has retreated drastically backwards, with the culmination of Foran and DCE's impending departures.
We are heading towards a wooden spoon people, unless someone gets off their backsides and sack our unpopular coach and oust these impitent board impersonators.

Yeah but look at Melbourne over that same stretch. Good teams have to let players go. Melbourne outside of Smith, Slater and Cronk are probably completely different. This is the price of a decade of dominance...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7