In the australian today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is a professional footballer and is looking after his family . At the end of the day he will settle at a club he is happy with and this is why i think that Manly will be the club as they are not reacting like the dick head that wrote that article in the Australian
NO PLEASE DROP THE "LOOKING AFTER HIS FAMILY" LINE PLEASE!!!

HE NAMED HIS KID "NAVI" - HE CAN'T CARE FOR THEM TOO MUCH!!!

I suspect Manly said our offer is off the table at the end of the week and if you haven't signed we will move on. That's why DCE's manager is parading him around this week to try to scare Manly into upping the offer.

I don't think we need to though - our competition is the Titans and Sharks... Seriously - If he goes to either of those clubs it is right up with the Raiders signing Ricky Stuart as the worst decision in recent memory.

I don't see a difference between DCE and Foran in terms of respecting the club, neither has acted after having a deal for plenty of time.

DCE appears to be going through due diligence and once complete will make a descision, Foran seems to be just waiting to see what DCE is doing, probably to get more money ( I can't think of any other reason to wait so long). Being in the papers is unlikely to be DCE's doing, the media are probably tailing him and/or his manager tipping off.

I'm done with this whole circus.

He's got an offer from the best club in the NRL. I would assume it's for decent coin. And he's weighing up offers from the drugged up Titans and Sharks ?

Clearly DCE is not as smart as I thought he was.

Last edited:
yeah tried to post link after i read the article to read he didnt work sorry
if you go to the headline of the article on the australian website and right click and click on copy link adress and then open google and paste it in there and click enter it will take you too article well thats how i did it i have a bit too much time this morning ...

He is a professional footballer and is looking after his family . At the end of the day he will settle at a club he is happy with and this is why i think that Manly will be the club as they are not reacting like the dick head that wrote that article in the Australian

@BOZO I've been a big defender of his and don't mind the bloke but it's becoming a joke. Do it a couple of weeks ago even when the vultures aren't out in force not 10 days before the start of the season. I think there is no doubt if I was in a team with him I'd be questioning his motivation.

I think its hurting his reputation. He has some crappy advisors IMO.

I'm done with this whole circus.

He's got an offer from the best clubs in the NRL. I would assume it's for decent coin. And he's weighing up offers from the drugged up Titans and Sharks ?

Clearly DCE is not as smart as I thought he was.
Again, he named his kid after a character from Avatar and includes Ben "Basher" Barba among his close mates so...

Daly Cherry-Evans makes mockery of Manly, which gave him a start
Brent Read

Daly Cherry-Evans leaves Crounlla Leagues Club with his partner Vess Rockliff after talks of signing a new NRL contract. Picture: Brett Costello

IF Manly had any backbone, any semblance of pride, they would pull Daly Cherry-Evans’s contract offer off the table. Use that money to ensure Kieran Foran stays, sign a top-quality forward and dedicate whatever remains to signing a halfback who treats his club with a bit more respect.

Cherry-Evans is making a mockery of Manly. Yesterday, he was caught waltzing into Cronulla with his manager Gavin Orr for talks with the Sharks. Apparently a $2.5 million offer is on the table.

Cherry-Evans enjoyed lunch with Cronulla chairman Damian Keogh, talked turkey, created waves and headed back to the northern beaches. Late last week, it was the Gold Coast as Cherry-Evans and his partner toured the tourist strip. According to Orr, another club is on the agenda tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Manly patiently wait for an answer on the multi-million dollar deal they have tabled to the Queensland and Australian halfback as frustration and anger grow among his teammates.

Cherry-Evans has never been the most popular member of the Manly squad. Among many of his teammates, he now ranks somewhere alongside syndesmosis. At least one player is believed to have rung his manager and expressed his dismay with yesterday’s events. It would be a surprise if others didn’t do the same.

Cherry-Evans has every right to find out what he is worth on the open market. He has every right to talk to rival clubs. The question Sea Eagles supporters are rightly asking is why does he have to make such a sideshow of it. How is it that every move Cherry-Evans makes is documented by the media? He can blame clubs, he can even point the finger at Orr, but ultimately he is responsible for his actions.

Why couldn’t Cronulla officials cross the bridge to meet him? Better still, why couldn’t he leave it in the hands of Orr?

Contrast that with five-eighth Kieran Foran. There is just as much demand for his services, if not more. Parramatta, Canterbury, the Sydney Roosters and the New Zealand Warriors want a piece of the Kiwi international. Foran is well aware of the interest but has told his manager Paul Sutton to exhaust every avenue with Manly.

A week ago, Foran was a lock to stay at the Sea Eagles. Now his career is back in the balance. Manly’s cause wasn’t helped by their performance last Saturday night as they were blown apart by the Sydney Roosters in a trial.

That performance only adds to the frustration over Cherry-Evans’s decision to conduct a personal tour of the NRL. Only days after being flogged, he was meeting officials from a rival club to discuss his future.

Foran has carried himself with class, reinforcing the perception that he has the team at heart and Cherry-Evans is in it for himself. You can only imagine what former Manly forward Anthony Watmough is thinking as he watches Cherry-Evans hock himself around the NRL.

Or Glenn Stewart for that matter. Fortunately, Stewart is still making his way back from England, where he was part of the Souths squad that won the World Club Challenge.

Stewart and Watmough took pay cuts to stay at Manly during their stints at the club.

Cherry-Evans put his hand out for pay rises during that corresponding period. Now he is holding the Sea Eagles to ransom. He is making them sweat despite the club offering him a deal that would make him a multi-millionaire. Others have been forced out the door to appease the gifted playmaker.

Yet Cherry-Evans insists on thumbing his nose at the club that gave him the chance to become a State of Origin and Test star. As good as he is — and he is very good — Manly have every right to ask whether he is worth the trouble.

It's a better article then what we have come to expect from the tele. Yes the journo is making a few assumptions about our club, but at least the written is over Daly, over Gavin Orr and is willing to write it that way. Personally it doesn't take this long to decide where to play
A big thumbs down to both Foran n Cherry for mine.
But dam that Aidan Seizer goes alright and don't cost a mill a year.

Still say we can afford both halves. Don't want to be like the Storm and just have newbies every year around a couple of over paid ones. Yeah u find some talent n then it's gone

@BOZO I've been a big defender of his and don't mind the bloke but it's becoming a joke. Do it a couple of weeks ago even when the vultures aren't out in force not 10 days before the start of the season. I think there is no doubt if I was in a team with him I'd be questioning his motivation.

I think its hurting his reputation. He has some crappy advisors IMO.
I would be disappointed if a deal is not reached before the start of the season . His manager said that there would be a decision made by the end of this week. In the meantime keep calm and follow Manly :)

I would be disappointed if a deal is not reached before the start of the season . His manager said that there would be a decision made by the end of this week. In the meantime keep calm and follow Manly :)

Lol I love manly that's why the lack of respect is starting to get to me. I just think do it in your own downtime not as a publicity circus right before seasons start. Its a TEAM sport

As I've said before if this was the real world and another employer said "we'll hire you next year but we probably can't afford you this year". Do you think my current employer if he found out would just be thinking yeh no worries. NO I would probably be sacked for disloyalty and negotiating behind his back.

THERE SHOULD BE TAMPERING LAWS IN THE NRL and THERE SHOULD BE FREE AGENCY.

I can't say any of this as loud as I want to. Screw all this 'my future' stuff. Welcome to the real world boys get off your gold thrones. You'll make more in your next contract than the average Australian will make in their entire lives (and its only 3 years).

All this bull**** about their futures is exactly that bull****! As far as I'm aware they can still go and get a real job after footy as well.

So excuse me if I don't want the money I pay for tickets and membership to go towards an over privileged little snot wanting to 'guarantee' his future. News flash idiot there are no guarantees in life and the battler on a lower tier contract survives not negotiating a year in advance.

RANT OVER

Despite what a few on here are saying about people going " over the top" after many months of me saying " it's just journo crap" and " the managers are driving this" during the last 10 days Cherry Evans has lost me.

I understand it's professional sport

I understand he's doing it for his family

I understand it's " the modern way"

But what I don't get is why the need to do it in public!

To me as a currently contracted Sea Eagle he's disrespecting the brand, and certainly us as fans by this so obvious display ( probably aimed at the club).

As opposed to Fozzie who's being courted by just as many ( if not more) clubs but do you see him soaking up the media spotlight......that's right no!!

And I cant begin to imagine what the other players must think of this, believe me if there wasn't a division there prior to this I bet there's one now, and how will this transpose across to the playing field in 2015, who knows.

But most of all this happening 9 days out from season kick off , unforgivable!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6