In 2009 Finch and Cronk Urinated in Public.......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=187309.msg330734#msg330734 date=1301974596]
This is a working class game played by meatheads. Meatheads act like meatheads. You can't stop that. Somebody posted that there were another 7 blokes caught on the same night. They're probably meatheads too but because they're talentless, it's ok.

If we sack Choc, what happens? Any club would pick him up, especially at the reduced price that will be on offer. He'll be out to prove a point & save his best footy for when he plays against Manly. It would be a disaster. Just look at poor old Canberra. Putting up with an injured Campo & an under-performing Ox, all because they let Carney go off to play in the GF last year.

That would hurt.

Jeez Duff, the 70's called, they want their ideals back
[/quote]

What do you mean by that?
That my major concearn with our football club is football?

Sounds pretty logical to me.

cf2 is back link said:
Hit Man Randall - let's say YOU are in charge of the NRL today - and you get the call about Watmough and Seu Seu - tell us all what you would do?

a) nothing?
b) say it wasn't anything to worry about?
c) say it's none of your business?
d) or make a comment in your position as LEADER of the nrl that simply supports the club's swift decision?

This pathetic \"we are victims\" thing has to go. We all know Gallop made a mistake with Brett, but please let's move on. He's done nothing more than d) above. How is that a problem?

The problem is with our two players.

If i was in charge and had done nothing about other offences the same in the past i would continue to do nothing.

If i changed my ways i should be forced to step down.

DSM5 link said:
Aren't they one and the same Bradza?  Or is there a degree of separation in there somewhere, in your view.

Haven't you ever heard that song 'Detachable Penis'?

Duff, as a fan you are entitled to have football as your major concern. The club management of course has far wider responsibilities, notably of a financial nature.  

By the way, your argument is also fundamentally patronising condescending and insulting to league players generally.  

Your meathead argument doesn't really stand up anyway. You say players are dolts who cannot change, so why go through the façade of punishing them if it is only cutting off your nose to spite your face. I say that is crap. Players – yes, even Watmough – are capable of learning certain elementary concepts.

Secondly, what sort of culture do we want prevailing in our club at a time when we have a large number of young blokes coming through now that we probably hope will stay long-term? Choc needed to be taken down a peg. Bad enough to have Seu Seu following him about, do we also want the likes of Hoppa Jnr, Foran, Oldfield etc etc  swept up with his immature antics? Nope! 

In fairness to Gallop some of the headlines arising from his comments were far more extreme than the comments themselves.

But it doesn't change the fact that I want to kick him in the head.

I cant believe any manly supporter would have anything good 2 say about gallop.Quite frankly he is weak as piss (pardon the pun). Why should we just move on and forget about what hes done to snake and our club. i for one will never let it go till Gallop gets the arse! Im with u all the way hitman gallops a grub!

cF2… What I would do???? Be consistent…..simple.

Just pointing out the attitude of that Grub Gallop.

As I have stated in my posts I agree that the behaviour of Choc and Seu Seu was wrong and am proud of the Manly club and the way they have handled the matter
Did you remember the Finch and Cronk incident?? I could understand if you haven't as it was not splashed around the media and Gallop was hiding under his desk.

Finch and Cronk did not miss a game and I didn’t see Gallop stepping in due to the punishment by the Storm being insufficient.
Asking for consistency does not mean we are feeling sorry for ourselves.

Just want consistency in the treatment by Gallop and how we are portrayed in the media by the NEWS LIMITED maggots!!!

In 2009 Gallop's actions (100k, 4weeks) against Brett Stewart showed that he assumed Stewart was guilty of sexual assault.
The punishment was not for being intoxicated in Public.  The NRL did not perform a full investigation and acted on assumptions.

Gallop should have supported Stewart like Demetriou of the AFL would of if in the same situation.
Gallop's actions did not look positive and could have had a disastrous affect on the case and how society viewed Brett Stewart. Stewart was down for a long time.
NEWS LTD and Gallop would make Stewart appear like a criminal anytime he was mentioned in 2009 and 2010. No compassion shown whatsoever

Gallop has been a cancer of Rugby league for a while and hates anyone that challenges his incompetence and lack of leadership.

So maybe you could also tell Stewart to stop feeling sorry for himself too.

Ryan link said:
I'd be happy for Harrison to take Choc's full time spot in the club for various reasons.

I'd be happy for Buhrer, L Foran or Higgins to take Seu Seu's spot full time.

We should have taken this opportunity to get rid of Choc. He's a liability off the field, and takes up way too much cap space. We'd save ourselves 2-3 errors, and 1-2 penalties a game as well.

Your dead set delusional if you think Harrison can cover what we would lose if Choc was dumped. 

Choc has his head on the chopping block - may sound dumb but if this reserrects his career something positive has come from it. Theres no replacing the impact he can have on a game but if he does not pick up his act off the field it not only effects him but the whole team including some gun up & comers. People need to understand that a fit, willing & dedicated Choc improves our shot at the title in a massive way, deserves the serve he copped now lets give him a chance to step up to the plate & play his best footy.

I think Des and the club are taking a stand in the hope that we don't lose choc to some bigger misdemeanor down the track.
When someone continues to make mistake after mistake you do have to wonder whether their thought processes aren't somewhat distorted.
I asked my niece about Anthony's behaviour and all she said was "he does like to get pretty lose after a few drinks" perhaps there in lays the problem.

I get the feeling he is heading down the Willie Mason path, but I think there is still time to stop him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6