• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's the worst advice I ever heard. Ivan Drago < talking to the missus? You don't stop at 3. And you shouldn't have anymore beer in the fridg before you post on silvertails. How would you get up in the morning on a Sunday without that pang of **** what did I post before I passed out. That is better than any coffee.

All is not lost here guys n gals. Just looked at the 2009 season ladders. By Rd 8 we had 2 wins and Rd 12 we had 4 wins. Snake was gone for the season after Rd 5. WE recovered to 14 wins 10 losses and 5th on the table. Injuries absolutely killed us that year and especially in the final where the CHEATING Storm smashed us. Parra finished 8th with 12 wins and Hayne took them to the GF. WE do have the personnel to compete but it's going to take less injuries and better attitudes from star players to get us out of this mess.

Rd 7 2009 NQ 26 Manly 12
Manly
1. Robertson
2. Williams
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Bani
6. Bailey
7. Orford
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Hall
13. G Stewart

14. L'Estrange
15. King
16. Cuthbertson
17. Rodney

Hardly a side to shake fear into the hearts of others.
Certainly not the Cows that night.

The problem with the 09 side was that we had to move Lyon to centre because of losing Steven bell at the end of 08. So we had chris bailey at 6 and bani on the wing because of stewarts injury and Robertson not on the wing. With a few changes though that side would hammer the current one by 50 points.

The problem back in 2009 was that no matter how good the team and other players were, we had absolutely no idea how to win without Snake at FB. Having Chris Bailey play 5/8 wasn't a great help either.

It took between 1/3 and 1/2 the season to overcome that.

The problem this year, our amazingly bad injury list aside, is that we just don't have a dominating forward pack. When compared to the rest of the NRL this year we really do have a pop-gun pack of forwards.

Ferris and T-Red are good back rowers and I think Ferris might well be a future club captain, but compared to the likes of Choc and Gifty in their prime they are a step down. Willie brings some enthusiasm and experience but is not the player he once was and while the likes of Jake T and Ligi Sao may well be future stars, lets face it, they are rookies. Lui tries his guts out but rarely bends the line, Burgess has been good and JSL is usually good. And though I am a fan of Matt Ballin and he continues to be a tackling machine, he is pretty predictable passing the ball from dummy half about 95% of the time. If the ball doesn't go to a forward running one-out, its going to go to Foran or DCE. Not hard to figure out which at times. Its what his game is missing - variety and a good running game from dummy half.

And while last night Kieran Foran played his best game for Manly since mid-2014, DCE is so far out of form he's out there further than Pluto. I'm not so sure right now he would perform even if he was behind one of our premiership winning packs.

I've got no doubts things will improve significantly when Killer, Snake, Jorge, Star and Mateo return (and possibly Tom T), but I doubt we could win the premiership this year with the forwards we have.

Instead of blaming the penalty count (which we have no direct control of) work on our fitness and mental discipline. Work hard like a hungry mofo hairy child eating wolf-man to excel in those two areas and the penalties will disappear and results will change. Bottom line, the source of our loss wasn't the lop-sided penalty count, it was the above two aspects which lead to the penalties.

I watched NSW cup and noticed that Blake Leary was back. Played great, one of our best out there. Put him back in over Hasson any day assuming he's fit to go.

He HAS to be a better option than that plodder!!

Well I must say after the third (late in the tackle count penalty) I chose to turn off Fox Sports 1.

I thought up until then we had played pretty well and had improved.

But official(dumb) sought to give a very big helping hand to the riff.

Instead of blaming the penalty count (which we have no direct control of) work on our fitness and mental discipline. Work hard like a hungry mofo hairy child eating wolf-man to excel in those two areas and the penalties will disappear and results will change. Bottom line, the source of our loss wasn't the lop-sided penalty count, it was the above two aspects which lead to the penalties.

Please tell us where you got your info that we are not working on fitness or mental discipline?

Do you really expect 8 reserves to have great fitness and enough not to get tired playing with a 2 man bench for 50 minutes?

Sounds like a manager who wanted contract fitters on call just in case one of our guys got sick across the Christmas shutdown period.

At 8-6, the killer blow was 5 straight penalties. Most sides would struggle on the back of that. Being at the game, I thought they were pretty poor decisions (at least 3 of them) Penrith seemed to hold us down in the ruck for longer, but they got away with it.
Looking at the stats - we completed our sets better, made less errors, more kicking metres. It was only those penalties that prevented us from winning that game.

At 8-6, the killer blow was 5 straight penalties. Most sides would struggle on the back of that. Being at the game, I thought they were pretty poor decisions (at least 3 of them) Penrith seemed to hold us down in the ruck for longer, but they got away with it.
Looking at the stats - we completed our sets better, made less errors, more kicking metres. It was only those penalties that prevented us from winning that game.
Easts didn't receive a penalty in the second half against the Donkeys. You don;t think there is a home ground theory developing here, do you?

C
Rd 7 2009 NQ 26 Manly 12
Manly
1. Robertson
2. Williams
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Bani
6. Bailey
7. Orford
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Hall
13. G Stewart

14. L'Estrange
15. King
16. Cuthbertson
17. Rodney

Hardly a side to shake fear into the hearts of others.
Certainly not the Cows that night.
Chris bailey was absolute f$$king rubbish and so was bani however the pigs in that side would blow our current side to bits.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6