Impressive Roosters, Rabbits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Wrong - Manly can keep winning, but so can Rabbids and Rorters and in fact Penrith. They all have to get their free game points, whereas Manly can only do so by playing games :cool:

So if manly keep winning they can slip down the ladder can they? Hmmmmm.
If Manly keep winning, the Roosters and Rabbits cannot catch us. Penrith are already ahead of us.

:s

bones said:
HappilyManly said:
Wrong - Manly can keep winning, but so can Rabbids and Rorters and in fact Penrith. They all have to get their free game points, whereas Manly can only do so by playing games :cool:

So if manly keep winning they can slip down the ladder can they? Hmmmmm.
If Manly keep winning, the Roosters and Rabbits cannot catch us. Penrith are already ahead of us.

I tried this logic last week - sometimes people are so certain they are right they cannot bring themselves to consider they are wrong.

HappilyManly said:

Tell me how many rounds are left?

Just for ****s and giggles let's assume each team wins their remaining games (or gets 2 points each round) add it to current points. How many points are on offer for each team?

Well bugger me it's the same amount of points! Bye or no bye there are 2 points on offer to each team each round - maths is an astonishing thing....

Dan said:
I still like how the commentators said of the roosters "win here and they can get up with the likes of the panthers and Rabbitohs" as if second place doesn't exist

Dan manly didnt get a mention cause we are a class above the riff and wabbits. :)

voicefromthehill said:
Well bugger me it's the same amount of points! Bye or no bye there are 2 points on offer to each team each round - maths is an astonishing thing....
I'll get SBWurst to PM you then :p

The value of each win/bye week is 2 match points, but the position on the ladder combines the win/bye plus the points differential :cool:
Manly is well behind those three Teams in PD and historically, they rarely put teams to the sword :sleepy:

We will have to wait till the end of round 18, to determine the final ladder positions of the BYE affected rounds.

Mathematics is not astonishing, its actually a proven fact to me :)

manlyfan76 said:
Somebody likes to have the last word :)

OMG I think she is actually serious and believes what she wrote

HappilyManly said:
voicefromthehill said:
I'll get SBWurst to PM you then :p

The value of each win/bye week is 2 match points, but the position on the ladder combines the win/bye plus the points differential :cool:
Manly is well behind those three Teams in PD and historically, they rarely put teams to the sword :sleepy:

We will have to wait till the end of round 18, to determine the final ladder positions of the BYE affected rounds.

Mathematics is not astonishing, its actually a proven fact to me :)

Manly are 2 points ahead of both the Rabbits and the Roosters so even if the Rabbits and Roosters win by 50 they cannot catch Manly If Manly keeps winning.

looks like they are going to do all they can to get the roosters there again,Maria can lead with his elbow all he wants now,knowing he can get away with it,no case to answer say the MRC,what a joke

COMMANDER said:
Despite shaky starts, here the come. 2 points off leading the comp with a bye in hand for both teams.

Both of these teams PD's are twice as good as the rest.

Agreed Commander. Souths are looking the team to beat at the moment. I think they'll be raring to go come September.

1. Souths
2. Manly
3. Roosters
should be the market imo.

Don't underestimate the Dogs in that equation @Clint

Once Origin's over and teams settle, things will amp up and the real deals will rise.

Us, Rabbids, Rorters and Dogs should be the top 4. We can't undervalue the 'Riff anymore either.

But after all the byes (and the debate in this thread! ) are outta the way, we'll obviously get a better picture.

Hell-of-a-good comp brewing!

As I say, if we keep winning doesn't matter what the rest do, for mine.

Although, the tit-for-tat debate here is shaping as almost as much fun ( and as convoluted as the ASADA saga...lol! )

Shoe1 said:
The bye thing is confusing the issue - look at the number of losses to date of the top teams. Us and panthers only have 4 losses. Roosters, dogs, souths, eels, Broncs have 5 losses.

No use speculating on them overtaking us with byes until we have all played the same number of games.

And the number of wins by the vermin and the Roosters is 9 to Manly 8 and the for and against for the vermin is +118 Roosters+ 112, Manly +52. You cooking the books?

Roger_Ramjet said:
Shoe1 said:
The bye thing is confusing the issue - look at the number of losses to date of the top teams. Us and panthers only have 4 losses. Roosters, dogs, souths, eels, Broncs have 5 losses.

No use speculating on them overtaking us with byes until we have all played the same number of games.

And the number of wins by the vermin and the Roosters is 9 to Manly 8 and the for and against for the vermin is +118 Roosters+ 112, Manly +52. You cooking the books?

One more win each AND one more loss for both; which cancels that out. And an uneven draw.

Nothing to cook HERE.

The real footy starts in September and we'll all be there.

Bugger off to your Chook pen Roger...Sounds like you blokes have a bit more to worry about ( including YOUR books) than just catching Manly!

The only thing impressive with the cocks is how much rorting they get away with.
The only thing impressive with Souffs is the occasional supporter with a full set of teeth.

Roger_Ramjet said:
Shoe1 said:

They have had two extra games to get that one extra win and the bigger points differential.

RiverEagle said:
niccipops said:
The selectors did both both NSW and the rorters a favour by sacking Pearce and Baloney.
Those two are now both helping the chooks and NSW.
I think the rorters are only missing some wingers which is probably the easiest position to fill.
They did play the knights this week, and previously, the dogs without their halves.
Bunnies coped well without GI but they did only beat St Merge by 4.
I was more impressed by Manly's spectacular win against Bye.;)

Yeah we ran rings around the Bye as if they weren't even there!

Impressive, but then again, the Bye hasn't won all year.

Their PD is pretty even though.

Who got man of the match?

Bandit said:
RiverEagle said:
niccipops said:
The selectors did both both NSW and the rorters a favour by sacking Pearce and Baloney.
Those two are now both helping the chooks and NSW.
I think the rorters are only missing some wingers which is probably the easiest position to fill.
They did play the knights this week, and previously, the dogs without their halves.
Bunnies coped well without GI but they did only beat St Merge by 4.
I was more impressed by Manly's spectacular win against Bye.;)

Yeah we ran rings around the Bye as if they weren't even there!

Impressive, but then again, the Bye hasn't won all year.

Their PD is pretty even though.

Who got man of the match?

Best on ground was the Invisible Man ...I just couldn't see it myself.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2