IMPORTANT: More on the new site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Ok I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the site at the moment and as it currently stands is extremely slow, and getting unuseable.

Now the new site is no where near ready but because of the current speeds of the site I am currently thinking of just going there when we aren't ready for it.

The first phase of this will be that I will be moving the forums over to SMF hopefully today.

They will not have the site header or other information wrapped around them at all. They will run stand-a-lone for a while until the new site is 100% complete.

This means that there will be a few phases and few different parts to the site, but overall speeds will be much better. Once the forum component is migrated i will work on moving the current news articles and so on over to the new database, and then the photos and so on.

The end result will be within the next few weeks I will work solely on the design and layout of the new site, and once I am happy with it as an operational and functional design we will migrate completely over to the new site, and I will continue further design until we are all happy with it.

Whilst this is not an ideal scenario, I do not think we can continue to use the current framework and I am sure you all agree the performance of this site is far from optimal.

Please voice your concerns on this now. I will do 2 dry runs on the transfer of the forums, if this works, I will lock out membership for the site and only allow signup's on the new forum, as this will be our central database until further integration development has been done.

I hope you are all ok with this but please voice your opinions NOW.

Dan

Whatever you do will be an improvement. the reason i havnt posted much in recent times, is that i have found this site barely usable since half way through last year. Good luck with the new site.

Yeah mate I agree. Forums will be up tonight. In fact I am locking the forums now so that we can migrate immediately

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4