Important development re Brookvale Oval - PLEASE READ & Pass on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Important development re Brookvale Oval - PLEASE READ & Pass on

LOL vidmar, I'm not sure if you nibbled or not.  I used the word vacuum, not vacuous.  And you would have to admit it the club would be better off facing this threat with a full-time and long-term CEO in the saddle? 

Clearly Sibraa failed, for all his efforts as it seems we're worse off now than 12 months ago.  Perhaps this is what happens when people play internal political games rather than fight those from the outside who would bring them down?

Regardless, it is a call to arms for all fans of the club to do their bit, regardless of the failings of the FC and others.  So if there is scope to write letters etc to hold up the motion, I'm in.

im not sure how he failed if we are worse off now when he is gone than 12 months ago when he was here.

I'm talking about Sibraa.  He hung his hat on his efforts to secure funding for Brookvale, but clearly he achieved naught.  Much like his time in Harare.  Perhaps he should be called the "constant gardener".

"He achieved naught" despite 10 years of lobbying that resulted in then NSW premier Morris Iemma gifting Brookvale Oval $6.6 million and Warringah Council offering $4m, in addition to $1m from the Howard government for lighting?

Again Matabele - As a moderator of this site I would have thought you would have been more concerned as to keeping the thread on how we can support our club during what is a significant development regarding Brookvale Oval....not on personal attacks?

On a more constructive note...Any locals (or indeed anyone?) that are intending to attend the meeting on Tuesday could you please post on here or private message me (or if you have my personal details please get in contact?)

Cheers
Vid

Seriously, WHY the ****k do we bother with local councils? Unbelieveable ****t as usual with another ****k wit councilor, anyone suprised?

Yes get back on track please Matabele your constant attacks of a past board member are getting tiring, I like it better when you talk about sandwiches!!

We should have sent some sandwiches to the Feds.

Mata's is only trying to piss everybody off as his smite numbers are going backwards.  I'd invite the witch onto the board.  Better your enemies inside the tent than outside pissing in.

Matabele link said:
I'm talking about Sibraa.  He hung his hat on his efforts to secure funding for Brookvale, but clearly he achieved naught.  Much like his time in Harare.  Perhaps he should be called the \"constant gardener\".

As Vids said he was part of the team who got $10 million, if thats nothing to you can i grab a loan?

eggson link said:
Christina moved to Australia in 1997.
to quote a song ive heard on the hill

**** OFF HOME **** OFF HOME
WHY DONT YOU JUST **** OFF HOME
WITH A NICK WACK PADDY WACK GIVE A DOG A BONE
WHY DOESNT THIS DOCTOR JUST **** OFF HOME

Has this $10 million actually come through? What's happening with it?

all based on everyone bringing their share to the table IIRC.

in other words not willing to invest in a half assed attempt which is fair enough

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=181768.msg242493#msg242493 date=1253229593]

Christina moved to Australia in 1997.
to quote a song ive heard on the hill

F**k OFF HOME F**k OFF HOME
WHY DONT YOU JUST F**k OFF HOME
WITH A NICK WACK PADDY WACK GIVE A DOG A BONE
WHY DOESNT THIS DOCTOR JUST F**k OFF HOME
[/quote]

;D That cracked me up

No direct offence to Vid or MFB but if Mata puts forward his opinions on important issues such as this, its at least worth taking into consideration.

I saw no tangible personal attacks, so lets keep that sugar coated, politically correct, attempted shutdown of an opinion, back at MWSE where it has a home.

Fluffy link said:
all based on everyone bringing their share to the table IIRC.

in other words not willing to invest in a half assed attempt which is fair enough
In other words Sibraa failed.

The upgrade has already started. The demolition and building and relocation of a new ticket booth, new turnstiles and flip-up seating in the stands are works that have been completed using the allocated funds.

Sorry Jatz I disagree, Andrew continues to bring up issues that bear no relevance to the argument and is just "having a shot" at one particular individual through past and totally unrelated issues and as I said it's getting a "bit worn".

He's a smart man and I must give him credit for that, far more eloquent with words than I'll ever be, he's an intellectual, I am a humble everyday nobody but this continued attack on Kerry Sibraa (whom he's probably never met or talked to) is starting to wear thin.

I have met and discussed issues with Kerry on a number of occasions these last 2 or 3 years and have made my own opinion of him. Politically we are as opposed as one can be BUT after talking with him I know the hours and hours of work he has put in (for zero reward) for the football club. I think he's put a damned lot more work into this organisation than any of us know,and I find this attack on the man (For his work at Manly) pretty low.

I am well versed with Andrew's opinion on what may have happened in Rhodesia
(Zimbabwe) BUT how this relates to the Manly Sea Eagles I am not sure, this after all IS a Rugby League forum, I wasn't even aware that they played RL over there.

If this thread was elsewhere on the forum under "political views or political attacks on individuals" well so be it, I (like many) would probably fail to even visit the thread.

BUT NO he chooses to air his views in the "main frame" and that's what gets up my nose.

I found myself actually agreeing with something he said the other day so I am trying hard to like the guy but "trying" is the important word here.

So as I say Matas's "get back on track"

"she is focusing on the analysis and redesign of organisations, organisational change processes, cross-cultural management and organisational sustainability"

In other words she is an oxygen thief. Where is she from originally ? Gotta laugh at her hubris, what sort of moron is she ?

I agree with Mata on the point that we need a bleeding CEO in the chair to continue to lobby the cause. That being said, as Mark alluded to, I think everyone previously did a great job in attaining the funding. The labor Govt. that has historically never given a cent to The Northern Beaches got 6.6 million (I think someone above stated). Not bad in anyone's calculations I reckon.

On the topic of Ms Kirsch:-

Without reading too much into it guys - I wonder how much Christina's own personal property in that area stands to gain by way of property value dependent on what happens to the ground? I won't say more than that - but one would suggest there may be some form of conflict of interest here?

Me thinks Dr Kirsch protests too much. I would love someone to ask her to explain THAT at one of the meetings in front of everyone. If I were a betting man, the question would be well and truly deflected, and not answered as, "well, my house stands to lose or gain somewhere in the vicinity of X".

Rather than focusing on the money others have rallied to get, she should get off her proverbial, and rally the Federal Govt for her OWN money to invest in certain areas.

Be pro-active, NOT re-active.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8