1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immediate exit in everyone's best interest, says boss who gave Des nod

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    THE man who handed Des Hasler the Sea Eagles coaching job in 2004 has urged the Manly coach to walk away without a fight.

Read the full article

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    they are all coming out of the woodwork now

3. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Off topic, but I seriously hate how this has entered the English language, quote from article below

Thomson said Hasler was a strong-willed character, like most successful coaches. ''I think all good coaches are pretty strong coaches and we've seen that in the Wayne Bennetts, the Jack Gibsons and the Warren Ryans, who are all demanding individuals,'' Thomson said.

End quote

There was and is only one bloody Jack Gibson, Warren Ryan and Wayne Benntt in the context of what is being said. Stop polluting our language with inappropriate pluralisations - its a plague and is rife in the sports world - I hate it!

Return to thread

4. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102

5. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    I considered writing, "await clever response from Bones". You didnt let me down - nice and subtle

6. bigbird

bigbird New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Voicefromthehill: Thank you for restoring some sanity to my world. I thought i was the only one. It's been going on for years and it hurts my brain every time i hear "the krillich's, the menzies', the drinkwater's, the brookvale's, the brisbane's, the harbour bridge's, the earth's. Come on people let's fight this terrible scourge. A punch in the face is a good start. Rabbits you're up.

7. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    If Des doesn't want to go quietly - sit him in a back room office with no phone and no contact with anyone.

Make sure he's there at 9 and goes home at 5 Monday to Friday. Give him suitable work to do and supervise it thoroughly.

Don't let him talk to anyone, don't let him attend any club functions and make no comment to the media.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Where did they dredge Magilla up from ? All we need now is his right hand man Fatty to throw his 2 Bobs worth in.