1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm stunned they've penalised Cameron smith

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,701 / 27
    This was what brandy Alexander said. 'I'm stunned they've penalised Cameron smith'

What a joke it is that it is widely acknowledged that Cameron smith cannot be penalised.

Well done tonight boys. What a performance and effort.

• Like Like x 6
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Brandy was even more amazed when the center ran into Snake's arm and Snake was put on report for using a forearm to the head FFS:mad:

Ceccin did his best, but failed to deliver the expected Scumos win :banghead:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +442 / 4
    Brandy is one of the few commentators who knows the game.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,414 / 35
    Good, he was lucky he didnt get penalised several times.

He is a protected species which is a load of BS.

Biggest grub in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,701 / 27
    What a joke. He fell into snake. I like brandy he does know his stuff and tell it like it is.

6. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,747 / 125
    I'll admit I liked Brandy as a player and he's not a bad commentator either. He may not like Manly and sometimes this comes across in his commentary, but he knows his stuff.

7. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I reckon Brandy has always been more than fair to Manly in his commentary.

Although seriously there were some terrible decisions for both teams, although we got the worst of it. I reckon every team has gripes to say the ref influenced the result if the winning margin is less than 20.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +442 / 4
    that's the problem though huh. Gripes about refs decisions, instead of the many missed tackled, poor last tackle options, lost ball etc...Moose would just get on with calling the play...., but these days commentators, journos and coaches keep it in the spotlight.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +951 / 40
    I nearly choked on my super dry when Warren Smith said 'it's not often you see Cameron Smith throw a forward pass'.

It has been happening 65% of the time since 2004.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,536 / 135
    You should hear him commentate St George games; he hates the Dragons. I actually respect Alexander, because he hates pretty much every team except Penrith, and that's how it should be.

If I had a job in the commentary box, i'd give Manly bias all night long!

• Like Like x 1
  11. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    The commentators were a breath of fresh air compared to the channel 9 love fest. #channel9commentaryisajoke

• Like Like x 2
  12. Brookie Brawler

Brookie Brawler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 6
    Should have been penalised for the knee twist on Buhrer in the first half too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SeaEagle007

SeaEagle007 Well-Known Member

Eagle Vale, Campbelltown
    Ratings:
    +247 / 14
    Just listened to his presser after the game yesterday. He actually looks stumped as to why they lost, in saying that however as much as i dont like him, he praised Manly as a champion team and club, and thinks this game will be our turning point

• Like Like x 1
  14. mave

mave Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +720 / 28
    Smith is a cheat.
    Plain and simple

• Like Like x 1
  15. Baz

Baz Beaver's Headgear

Ratings:
    +263 / 2
    Smith is a grub and I hate him, having said that he's a bloody good footballer and he's definitely in the pile of 'players you hate but would love if they played for your team'

16. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    A protected species who always plays on the border line of foul play, If you notice him mucking around in a tackle with Buhrer. This is a player who the experts regard as a would be immortal of the game. I really struggle with that as over the years he has shown consistently that he should never be by his words and arrogance.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,028 / 52
    Funniest thing was on the tram on the way back to the city all I heard were people in purple complaining about the ref handing us the game. Thought to myself ('cause we were very much outnumbered) how funny it was. We all do it.

18. 6/71

6/71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 3
    I turned off when Snake was put on report. It was that or kick my TV through the wall... Shame I missed a win!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Aussie Battler

Aussie Battler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 0
    Agreed. I think they turned their attention to Smith in the press conference, because Bellamy was making an A grade goose of himself by calling the penalty on Taufua the turning point. This was despite the 5-6 soft, mystery penalties they got to get out of trouble in the second half. (and in my opinion it wasn't a penalty anyway !)
    Smith showed a lot of class in the press conference, but if any other player put on the leg pull / twist he did on Buhrer they would be on report. No coincidence too, that Smith was doing it to a player just back from a recon. Dirty side who train and look for that sort of stuff.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  20. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    If you can get a late lunch on Monday - FoxSports1 at 2:30pm has the replay - they show it at Pubs and Clubs (thats what I used to do when I was working in Town :D)