1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so desperate for some rugby league......

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by simon64, Jan 18, 2016.

1. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    ....I'm even looking forward to the 9's.

Come on guys. Impress me with some of that Silvertails creativity. :clap:

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,099 / 286
    I'm having massive withdrawals.

• Troll Troll x 1
  3. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,345 / 111
    Only seven weeks i think.

4. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    If your not a cricket fan of course your going to be desperate, I'm lucky I get to watch all my fav teams all year round I'm never bored when it comes to sport watching maxwell smash the arrogant indies was so satisfying #maxwellrecallfortest

5. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Why do you refer to the nines as being an inferior product? It's a great spectacle

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Fibro Eagle

Fibro Eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +721 / 30
    I get my footy fix by watching past GF wins on DVD

• Like Like x 1
  7. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    The wait is part of what makes it great. That's why I've gone off cricket, it's always on and the magic has dissipated as a result.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    This ODI series had been super even

India could've won all 3 games

Best series in living memory

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ShakeySeaEagle

ShakeySeaEagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 4
    Can't believe how hyped I am for this season!!

Half way through last yr we had lost our international halves, half our backline was reportedly retiring and our forwards wouldn't hold there own in reserve grade.

6 months later and we have DCE for life, those backs played some of the best footy of there careers in the back half of '15. We have signed 5 internationals (sneaky cap for John) to go along with 2 future Aus reps in the Turbos. To go along with 2 of the most promising young hookers in the game (Hodges isn't 1 but competition won't hurt). Only ?? would be our 2nd row, hopefully Burher gets through unscathed, T-Red becomes a damaging hole runner and Mateo reduces his errors.

That keen I'm even heading down from the hunter to watch The Mighty Manly Sea Eagles take on Ipswich.

• Like Like x 3
  10. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    The anticipation of this coming season is higher than for many of the past years.

It feels like a manly reboot.

11. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,345 / 56
    Watching classic off season games - my favourite was not the 2008 or 2011 recently won Seaeagles titles but another game.
    To see Parramatta dominate a season & LOSE to Newcastle in the decider as HOT favourites....now thats entertainment !!

12. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,334 / 51
    This is exactly what I have been saying for years - I couldn't agree more. I used to love cricket until it became an all year round sport with 10 thousand different variations and no chance to miss it. The fact that we go without league for so long makes us desire it more and love it year after year - absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +979 / 48
    Just bought 6 tickets to the seaeagles v Ipswich game at Rat Park. Will drive down from Brizvegas on the Friday..... Can't wait.

14. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    The only thing I want coming out of the 9's is no injuries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Why do we want our 1st graders playing even MORE footy than the ridiculous high amounts they're playing now. Ludicrous.

16. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    I generally prefer the warmer months but the rugby league makes winter worth it.
    Unlike most here, I enjoy the A-League (Go Sydney) and soccer has made great progress.
    If all I had was cricket it'd be way worse. A passing interest but I'd never call myself a fan.
    Tennis....loved playing it, but I can't watch for long.

So bring it on. By the way, I wasn't bagging the 9's, but it's a bit of a circus type atmosphere. Nice once in a while, but not like the real thing.