1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Gutted , but in a good way

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by dceagle, Mar 10, 2011.

1. dceagle

dceagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Today I agreed to a new position with my company , which will mean a move to Qld in the next 6 weeks . While I'm really excited at the move and the job , it dawned on me that I will have to say goodbye to my beloved team and to Brookie for the most part.

I think I'll be able to catch a few games before I go , but it will be a very sad day when I have to give up my little patch of gods country.

I renewed my season ticket before the move was in the wind, so might see about a downgarde  to out of towner or similar ??

Does any one have areas you could recommend to live around the bayside areas of between Cleveland through to Kangaroo Point , for me the missus and 2 kids ??

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Moving away doesn't mean you say goodbye to your beloved team. Just means more opportunities/incentive to travel ...

3. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    Manly will be playing twice this year at Brisvegas, and once down the road at Gold Coast, so at least you will be close for those games.

But yes, it would suck to miss most of the Brookie games.

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Mark will Probably become your best friend now

5. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    I moved to the Gold Coast about 18 years ago but part of me is still always on the hill at Brookie. I miss the live home games and going to Skilled Park isn't the same, but still fun. Surprisingly there's heaps of Manly supporters in Queensland. One more will be very welcome.

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Mate quensland living is bloody good living, you will be fine

7. dceagle

dceagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Thanks guys , all good points and thanks for the welcome.

8. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    Don't forget to pick up your free Banjo when you cross the border..lol

9. Mybludog

Mybludog Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    I think K-Mart at Tweed Heads has specials on the 6th finger........they just stick on for imports