I'm glad we didn't make the GF.......this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mybludog

Reserve Grader
Could you imagine the distraction to the players and the club over the last couple of weeks....not to mention the media circus that would have been taking place over the top of what it already was.

To me having Brett cleared and this BS finally over is better than a GF win.....well maybe not better than 40-nil, but it's BLOODY close

I agree MYbluedog. Would have been a nightmare.

Yesterday was definately better than our 40 -nil though. That was just a game of footy. Brett is now free of any wrong doing and to me that is better than anything. I think the feeling on here is that this is better than any GF win. It's great to see.

There pretty good reasons but bigger than that. What about me. With my brothers wedding there is no way i would have been able to attend the WCC. Remember its all about the fans and ME. Everything is right on track as far as im concerned

2012 is good, but i have 2013 pencilled in. By then Jack will be ready to blood on tour i reckon. Might even let the mrs come if she plays her cards right

Besides if me and jack are on tour she would probably stuff up all the remote controls, and settings . The power would go to her head. The beer fridge would have face creams in it. it would be a nightmare

She is in sydney atm, if you cant tell by how tough im talking

With Farrar, T-Rex, Hodkinson, Matai, Rose, Bailey and Cross in the squad it was never going to happen. I'm glad one of our worst years is over. We still talk about Storm and Dragons game which shows we played well in a couple of games all year, just not 26!!. The losses at the end of the season when we needed to win highlighted the injury toll and the confidence/performance of the team. The Knights game away summed it up. A win against a lowly ranked team would have put us in the top 4 yet a 34 year old crock Mad Dog (who played against Tooves) running riot thru Manly was the lowlight. Bring on 2011.

Darren. by far NOT our worst year ever.

We made the 8.....8 other sides (well maybe 7) didn't.

I can remember far worse that this....not long ago we almost got our first wooden spoon, THAT was the worst year ever.

But I agree that by our lofty standards of 2007-2008 and even 2009 it was a pretty average year.

true Mark, but we have slipped a long way down the pecking order, our capabilities have been shown up, we have a long way to go to get back to 2007/2008 in terms of style and confidence. What worries me is that people think Brett was the reason we had a bad year. It was more that the list I mentioned were generally average that made it impossible for rodney, king, lyon, foran to make much difference. Hoping Des does a big wake up call and not just keep picking out of form "stars" every week.

Definatly not our worst year and thinking back to before the season started it's probably about where most thought we'd finish

But also definatly dissapointing to finish where we did when we had a reasonably good start and we did play some bloody good footy in the first half of the season.....but in patches

As Darren said.....Bring on 2011

Agree with that (and most of what Darren said)...just not the "worst year" comment.

Whilst it's incredible to have a top 2 team and play in Grand Finals, for me I just want to see the players giving their all....if we win it's fantastic, if we lose it's not the end of the world.

For example if you were a Tigers supporter this year you'd be rapt, that team gave their all and to take St Choke to 13-12 in the GF qualifier after what they had been through was great stuff.

To meekly roll over and lose 6 out of the last 8 games ( and especially the last one when they have everything to play for against a much lower ranked side) was very average to say the least....I left Brookvale that day and returned to Brisbane with an empty feeling.

I have been to games over the years when we were not travelling so well and seen the boys bust their guts for a win only to be overcome by a better team.....that's the spiirit I'd hope for in 2011

Mark, that comment is right on the dot and sums up how I felt/feel

To meekly roll over and lose 6 out of the last 8 games ( and especially the last one when they have everything to play for against a much lower ranked side) was very average to say the least....I left Brookvale that day and returned to Brisbane with an empty feeling. I couldn't really stomach watching the last few games as it was obvious something was not right.

This was the 1st year in a long time I didn't feel like it was the old maroon and white, it felt like we were just going thru the motions, maybe the brett thing killed the guys or des has knocked the creativity/stuffing out of them. Whilst I got hung for it, the Hargreaves comment still reminds me that maybe things aren't too rosy at Brookie. Others have written about rumours of unhappy campers with Des's authorative leadership. Maybe Des will have to get a decent result in 2011 or else. Certainly the plodding style won't draw the crowds, bring back a bit of flair.

The worst year I can recall was 1989. We had the Vautin fiasco and a pathetic coach with terrible on field results and off field drama's as well....and you know who saved us...none other than Graham Lowe.

Another reason... it would be a hollow victory with the storm not competing for points. Seems the only way the roosters can win a comp is when the best team loses its points (dogs in 02). Id rather manly win it against ALL opposition like they did in 08

Bones link said:
Another reason... it would be a hollow victory with the storm not competing for points. Seems the only way the roosters can win a comp is when the best team loses its points (dogs in 02). Id rather manly win it against ALL opposition like they did in 08
we will mate,,  well said ..  im already warning me work mates they had a 2yr picnic with their parra`s & saints shIIt.. nows its back to normal..

We've got about 13 to 14 months to save up for our initial deposit to Ambass. Holidays for the 2012 WCC.Got to get Mybluedog to Manchester 1st...wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there waiting for us.

LOL, Darren pushing the Matai was average barrow again. He was in our top few  players. Not too mention Farrar who he has bagged from day 1 but was another good performer. All missing so far is that the side is too old, Galuvao is no good because he is old and we have no speed.

Mind you Darren does ask a lot, wanting 26 good performances from our 25 games ;)

Ant80 link said:
I was thinking if/when we win the NRL premiership the entire team should just refuse to shake Gallop's hand.
Unless we win next year, we won't have to worry about that. Too many people who count do not want the new IC lumbered with a long term contract for Gallop as CEO. 12 month transition contract maximum.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL, Darren pushing the Matai was average barrow again. He was in our top few  players. Not too mention Farrar who he has bagged from day 1 but was another good performer. All missing so far is that the side is too old, Galuvao is no good because he is old and we have no speed.

Mind you Darren does ask a lot, wanting 26 good performances from our 25 games ;)

Darren wants success, and I would never dis him for that. Obviously very passionate. Passionate enough to see holes, and openly discuss them.

I'll always be fine with that.

I just don't enjoy the fans that would bottle Zorba's fart particles, and use it as aftershave on a night out pulling...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2