• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mentioning Williams in the same breath as SBW is laughable. As much as I can understand why people don't like the guy personally to compare him to Rex is farcical,in fact to compare Rex to any top class forward is laughable at the moment.

On another issue Sterlo got it exactly right today in commentary-those forward metre comparisons are a joke.If you return every kickoff you may net 100 metres and the stats look great while Hunts 5 metre run under pressure today got his team going forward at a vital time.

A great example in our side is Horo-he runs the tough lines(often outside in) every week yet will never top the metre count.Quality is what counts.The best way to rate a performance is the old way-use your eyes!I don't care how many metres Rex made against Souths.He was totally inept and anyone who had their eyes open could see that.

master blaster said:
how this clown got his own show is beyond me

His father in law probably sorted it , either that or he's dirt cheap . Not hired for his knowledge and charisma , surely ?

susan said:
Mentioning Williams in the same breath as SBW is laughable. As much as I can understand why people don't like the guy personally to compare him to Rex is farcical,in fact to compare Rex to any top class forward is laughable at the moment.

On another issue Sterlo got it exactly right today in commentary-those forward metre comparisons are a joke.If you return every kickoff you may net 100 metres and the stats look great while Hunts 5 metre run under pressure today got his team going forward at a vital time.

A great example in our side is Horo-he runs the tough lines(often outside in) every week yet will never top the metre count.Quality is what counts.The best way to rate a performance is the old way-use your eyes!I don't care how many metres Rex made against Souths.He was totally inept and anyone who had their eyes open could see that.

Agreed. Metres made aren't always the best indication of performance for a forward. What would really be interesting to see is a breakdown of that particular stat, ie avg metres made on tackle count 1,2, 3, etc, coming out of own end, etc. I'd also like to see average play the ball the speed and maybe even avg metres made off the next play the ball just to see if there is a correlation between play the ball speed and the next tackle.

Meters made once contact / the advantage line is reached could be good. But all this talk is way too cerebral for the thread it is in.

Another good example re metres gained and their effect is Gallen.I really admire the bloke and his work rate but I think the Sharks and NSW would be better sides if he did less.
For one thing his lower number of touches would have more quality with less errors and for another sometimes you simply don't want a forward doing another yardage hitup at a particular time-something more creative may be required. Gallen handles the ball far too much in origin-his ball skills and attacking prowess simply don't warrant the number of touches and that is in no way taking away anything from his leadership qualities in the side.

susan said:
Another good example re metres gained and their effect is Gallen.I really admire the bloke and his work rate but I think the Sharks and NSW would be better sides if he did less.
For one thing his lower number of touches would have more quality with less errors and for another sometimes you simply don't want a forward doing another yardage hitup at a particular time-something more creative may be required. Gallen handles the ball far too much in origin-his ball skills and attacking prowess simply don't warrant the number of touches and that is in no way taking away anything from his leadership qualities in the side.

He would also be better served in getting to his feet quicker rather then trying to gain that extra metre. Every second he fights longer for without making any real gain is a second more the opposition defence line has to get set.

susan said:

The sharks left centre thinks early ball is when your the first to puberty! Totally agree about gallen, if we shut him down we shut down their whole left side, also they are really failing to use Lewis well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6