Ikin gooooooorrrne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
If anyone cares - Ben Ikin has walked out on Ch9 because of the story they're donig about his dad tonight.

Two things, i'll congratulate Ikin on walking out cos ACA is pure trash, much like a heap of things 9 does now (employ weedy Weidler, use Magnay on the footy show etc etc) and the other thing, i won't miss him in the commentary at all.  Could be a return of Fatty actually, wouldn't be surprised.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25581295-5001021,00.html

Incidentally, speaking of Wiedler, I caught up on some back issues of Media Watch last night and 3 weeks ago Weidler was murdered for his handling of the Matt Johns affair. 

Good on him forleving ch 9 for the right reason, but ha he wont be missed by me, thats one of the crap commentators gone! next get rid of gordon ' drongo ' tallis and i might actually start listening to the commentery now.

If there is a god Gould will be out off all commentary by the end of next week too.

please please please please please please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeee

Dan link said:
If there is a god Gould will be out off all commentary by the end of next week too.

please please please please please please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeee
Gould's got a great face for radio.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180603.msg225979#msg225979 date=1244008304]

Gould's got a great face for radio.
[/quote]

and a great voice for the Paper

Matabele link said:
Incidentally, speaking of Wiedler, I caught up on some back issues of Media Watch last night and 3 weeks ago Weidler was murdered for his handling of the Matt Johns affair. 

Someone needs to take Media Watch to task over their coverage of this issue. Never have I seen a more poorly researched and factually incorrect piece in all my years of watching Media Watch. On numerous occassions Weirdler was referred to as a "reporter" and a "journalist", this is patently untrue.....deadsh!t Mundine/SBW sycophant yes, but an ethical and intelligent professional ? not on your life. Shame on you Media Watch, shame.

True C&C.  They called Weidler unethical from memory, but their pre-supposition was wrong if they were assuming he was a journalist of some description. 

It was more than unethical Mata, Weidler basically made up his story about talking to the NZ cops. Probably not the first story he's made up.

Pretty low by Nine to go after one of their "stars", especially about his father and without having seen the story it sounds like he's just going broke. Big deal. But it is good to see the back of him, I just wish he'd resigned after realising he was **** rather than being boned by Nine.

Oh, I forgot to say what a shame that Ikin has quit. His balanced coverage of Broncos games will be sorely missed.

However, I'm betting whoever had to clean up the commentary box after he covered a Brisbane game won't be missing mopping up his mess. His dry cleaning bill for his pants must have been astronomical.

Did anyone watch a Current Of Air ? What has Benny Broncos dad allegedly done ?

He ripped off a bunch of yokels in Mackay.  Got them investing in some doidgy scheme, used Ben Ikin in the promotional video to give it credibility, then dissapeared to the Gold Coast with the money.

I doubt Ikin resigned.  I would say he was tapped on the shoulder.

Matabele link said:
I doubt Ikin resigned.  I would say he was tapped on the shoulder.

You are probably right on the money there Mata

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6