If................

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
If Souths finish 7th, what is the bet we will come under all manner of pressure to switch the game to Homebush?

They could probably count on a 50-60,000 crowd if they had a venue that could hold it, and of course the profits from these finals games go to NRL coffers, so they're hardly likely to be sympathetic to our desire to hold the game at Brookvale to reward Manly fans for their loyalty.

I hope Mayer sticks to his guns.

After what we've already been through with council, I think everybodys position has been made clear.

They only asked the Tigers to consider changing it as they do actually use Telstra for home games, this situation is a little bit different.

Manly's position is clear. But I dare say 20,000 tickets at Brookie have already been snapped up by Manly fans. If Souths are 7th can you imagine the bleating of their rent-a-mob about not being able to make their first final in 18 years?

It is headline material and we all know how Sydney and NRL jump to the tune of the front page of the Tele.

They only asked the Tigers to consider changing it as they do actually use Telstra for home games, this situation is a little bit different.

It is different in that the Tigers were the ones foregoing the profit from refusing to change the venue.

But if the NRL see the chance to make a casual additional $250,000??????

Manly's position is clear. But I dare say 20,000 tickets at Brookie have already been snapped up by Manly fans. If Souths are 7th can you imagine the bleating of their rent-a-mob about not being able to make their first final in 18 years?

It is headline material and we all know how Sydney and NRL jump to the tune of the front page of the Tele.

Let 'em whinge. That'll only make it more fun.
The fair minded neutrals will get sick of Souths trying to bully their way over the rest of the comp.

Mata are you talking about pressure from the papers and Souths or from the NRL?

I agree there could be pressure from the papers and Souths but not the NRL.

We won't move.

The NRL can put up a big screen at redfern oval for the soughts fans if they want to see it live.

if souths finish 7th.. there will be an AMAZING amount of pressure on us to win and MEDIA hype... i hope they dont finish 7th.. last thing im worried about is switching grounds..

I hope we avoid the bunnies.

There my be pressure from Souths fan & media but the game will not be moved from Brookvale.

The backlash from Manly fans, sponsors season tix holders etc would do uncontrollable damage to revenue streams in 2008 & beyond. The financial damage would be far more than what the NRL could offer to Manly to move the match.

Not sure how you figure that all the tix for the semi have been sold. They are only on sale to season tix holders & from memory we have about 1800 or so but happy to be corrected on that figure. With a max of 3 tix available to each season tix holder that is only 5,400 and that is if every season tix holder purchased all 3 tix available to them.

True Pete, I am a season pass holder and I did not get any tickets.

If Souths come 7th there will be close to 50/50 support.

General tickets have been on sale to all comers for over a week. Manly fans KNOW we will be involved and I would imagine a lot of tickets have been purchased.

Did not know that, although I have not been paying attention as I know I will not be here.

Thats good should be majority Manly. Do they hold some for the visiting team for release once the 8 is finalised?

General tickets have been on sale to all comers for over a week. Manly fans KNOW we will be involved and I would imagine a lot of tickets have been purchased.

According to MSE tickets for the semi go on sale 3/9/2007 for Season Tix holders and 4/9/2007 to the General Public.

I am ecstatic that Manly Season Tickets Holders have been able to purchase their existing seats as well as pick up extra GA tickets. However if I was a supporter of the team that comes 7th I would be screaming massive injustice, particulary if you are correct that tickets can be purchased now for the semi final.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4