If This Happened to Manly???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
If SBW was a Sea Eagle and walked out, would the NRL even care? 

However, he is from the Dogs, a team propped up by News and so they give him all the support in the world. Malcolm Noad went from top exec at News to head the Dogs and keep them viable.

Are the Dogs that important to the game?

Maybe I am being hysterical but I can't help feeling that if it was Manly the league would not have the same level of interest in supporting us.

yeh u have a good point there.
however,i never have remembered manly trying to keep a player against his own wishes.
there was that young centre a couple of years ago who went awol and left.forgot his name but he was a promising player.
then again,looking at the spirit within the team,it doesnt seem like any of them would want to leave.
a happy culture is a winning culture.

Dale Shearer was another who broke contract and walked out. Many years later he said he regretted it and it was a bad move. Ridge saw out his contract when he wanted to leave and then left.

Canteen Worker link said:
Dale Shearer was another who broke contract and walked out. Many years later he said he regretted it and it was a bad move. Ridge saw out his contract when he wanted to leave and then left.

Rin Gibbs was the same when he took the big dollars and joined the Gold Coast.  He regretted the move as it killed his career only one year after he was in a grand final winning team.

I can't believe the media didn't go into a frenzy when our marquee 2008 signing went to French Rugby - David Vaeliki !
That alone would have been enough for a political debate.
They are obviously after all our quality players.

Canteen Worker link said:

Ridge won a comp because he stayed loyal. Ian Roberts never did

Roberts did not play at all in 96 as he signed a SuperLeague contract despite being signed with the Sea Eagles. He sat the season out before becoming a cowgirl.

If one of our star players like Ballin ;), Orford or Stewy left at this stage of the season, in the the same circumstances it would be as big a story and the NRL would be equally pissed off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6