IF they GO....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
IF T Rex is going as speculated it leaves a glaring hole in terms of size, power & impact in the fowards.
Especially when you throw in Joes on last legs, Kingy is getting on, Kitey though quality imo - does not exactly intimidate the opposition, Lussick likely gone , Buhrer classy but light weight, Choc a gladiator who plays above his weight relied on too much.
Point being if there was a $500,000 carrot per season on offer for Williams & he rejects it, maybe need to seriously look at at who is available to add that size & power in the pack for 2013.
Wont be convinced of this till it becomes official, so please note the capital IF for the way it reads.
Also Snake / Roosters seems odd - IF it were true would have thought Whare would have been retained & he would have been happy to call the 1 his own next season - hard to believe this news on many levels.
So again IF they both go, definately need another power foward & fullback who we dont seem to have in the current squad imo - thoughts??

voicefromthehill said:
thoughts - should I have the left over Beef stew for lunch or go and get some BBQ chicken with Portuguese chilli sauce?
Maybe something that helps with constructive input - go the chilli sauce - it may burn your ass which will hit the ON button in your head.

The fact we have let Whare go means there is a great chance we will keep Snake, Ballin and Trex imo. Fingers crossed.

torana355 said:
The fact we have let Whare go means there is a great chance we will keep Snake, Ballin and Trex imo. Fingers crossed.

Ummm i disagree, Whare would have been on 100k max so it will not affect the signing of the others at all imo.

Its Ballin or T-Rex if not both.

torana355 said:

If you are suggesting that letting Whare go will provide room to move within the salary cap then I think you are way off the mark. I can't imagine Whare is on decent coin with us.

torana355 said:
Hopeful of this too T355, the Snake part seems left field imo but this T Rex speculation seems 60/40 still in our favour imo.
There would have been a fair upgrade to keep Whare so I think this is what T355 means.
If we offered T Rex say $500,000 as rumoured & the Pups offer $600,000 it still has to help.

MK Eagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
thoughts - should I have the left over Beef stew for lunch or go and get some BBQ chicken with Portuguese chilli sauce?
Maybe something that helps with constructive input - go the chilli sauce - it may burn your ass which will hit the ON button in your head.

Mate - you asked for thoughts, they were the thoughts I had

If you are asking for thoughts on your post - well

It is appearing more and more likely Shackleton will be with us next season; while not a power forward he will add grunt to the pack. I disagree with the need for a 'power forward'. What we require is a game plan that suits the team.

T-Rex - should he go to the Dogs will be a member of one of the biggest lumbering packs I have seen, would make Dogs packs of the 80's and 90's look agile.

I believe we will keep Snake - IMO he has put negotiations off to try and boost his value over SOO.

Ballin - I believe he is a valuable member of the team, his loss would be significant. No one would replace his ability immediately but there are handy backups in Buhrer and Foran IMO

MK Eagle said:
torana355 said:
Hopeful of this too T355, the Snake part seems left field imo but this T Rex speculation seems 60/40 still in our favour imo.

Where has this speculation about Snake started up from again?

IMHO I believe T-Rex is staying, my reasons for that is on Monday Tony and his management team had a meeting with Club official, now if your leaving to join another club (as reported) you don't take your management team to meet with club officials but you do if you are signing a contract.
The dogs have started throwing their money around lately trying to & signing up players, which to me seems like they have missed out again.
With regards to future props, we have 2 young guys coming through the system Magnus STROMQUIST (NSW Cup) & Jake TRBOJEVIC both should be ready went our 1st graders step aside.
One last thing 2V's said at the start of the season that we would loss a forward and should be able to keep everyone else, we all know Lussick has signed with the Eels as did his brother, so I think that's who 2V's was talking about. there you have it!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO;)

Disco said:
torana355 said:

Ummm i disagree, Whare would have been on 100k max so it will not affect the signing of the others at all imo.

Its Ballin or T-Rex if not both.

Correct. Remembering we have to pay someone at least the minimum, letting Whare go won't save a lot of money. And as it stands I don't think we let him go anyway. My bet (as I've said elsewhere) is that he probably just thinks he has a better opportunity at Penrith to be a regular first grader so has taken it.

voicefromthehill said:
MK Eagle said:
voicefromthehill said:

Mate - you asked for thoughts, they were the thoughts I had

If you are asking for thoughts on your post - well

It is appearing more and more likely Shackleton will be with us next season; while not a power forward he will add grunt to the pack. I disagree with the need for a 'power forward'. What we require is a game plan that suits the team.

T-Rex - should he go to the Dogs will be a member of one of the biggest lumbering packs I have seen, would make Dogs packs of the 80's and 90's look agile.

I believe we will keep Snake - IMO he has put negotiations off to try and boost his value over SOO.

Ballin - I believe he is a valuable member of the team, his loss would be significant. No one would replace his ability immediately but there are handy backups in Buhrer and Foran IMO

MK Eagle said:
torana355 said:

Where has this speculation about Snake started up from again?

This is the voice of reason.
Agree its building a team that works & gets results, but really think having some intimidation & impact is a massive positive. Wait till the Rex gets back & watch the difference he makes to the overall team performance based on his size & power - would have made the difference last weekend imo against a big Penrith pack for starters.
Snake & the media - he sells papers??
@ BE - this Raiders backrower looks the goods - maybe a future star......Manlys juniors - yes in a badly beaten & YOUNG team 2-3 look likely but are 2014/15 options - especially that goalkicking fullback.

Eagle1188 said:
if your leaving to join another club (as reported) you don't take your management team to meat with club officials but you do if you are signing a contract.

It all depends how high the steaks are.

bones said:
Eagle1188 said:
if your leaving to join another club (as reported) you don't take your management team to meat with club officials but you do if you are signing a contract.

... and if they were in for their chop.

Jatz Crackers said:
The Who said:
bones said:

... and if they were in for their chop.

They are not silly sausages.

I don't think they will mince their words when discussing a contract, hopefully it can be rissoleved soon, and reveal that he will be staying with us. I'm sure he is marrowing it down as we speak - make no bones about it

Not worried about Stewart to Roosters at all, if that was happening, they wouldn't have gotten Minichiello back for another year

They are too busy trying to jump through Scummy Bills hoops as well

There's a HUGE guy in the NSW CUP side....Tim Burrell. He's a 2nd rower.

I popped in at Mounties a couple of weeks ago and saw them warm up and thought WOW!

Only saw a bit of the game in which he scored a try. Definately has size about him and seemed to hit it up alright.

Maybe someone who has seen more of him can shed some light on him.

manlywarringah said:
There's a HUGE guy in the NSW CUP side....Tim Burrell. He's a 2nd rower.

I popped in at Mounties a couple of weeks ago and saw them warm up and thought WOW!

Only saw a bit of the game in which he scored a try. Definately has size about him and seemed to hit it up alright.

Maybe someone who has seen more of him can shed some light on him.
Think Burrells a 2nd rower who attacks the fringes & can kick a goal some rated start of 2011 as a good prospect.
Also that 2nd row/centre from Raiders Toyota Cup team looks super impressive in the few games I have seen of Canberra 20's.
Just not sure that they will be ready till 2014....all only a concern IF T Rex jumps ship & at this stage, has a 50% chance of staying with Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6