If there were no salary cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1 Snake
2 Uate
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 Robertson
6 Foran
7 DCE
8 Gallen
9 Ballin
10 Shillington
11 Choc
12 Pritchard
13 Glenn

14 Trex
15 Fui Fui
16 Tariq Sims
17 Thurston

We would have a crap team.
Storm, Roosters, Eels and Dogs would have the best of the best signed up.
We don't have the funds to match teams like that.
20 years ago we would sign anyone we wanted with the funds we had.

No need to change much. Im easy pleased. Our full strength line up is great as it is.

I love Ballin but i think id have Cam Smith at hooker. One of the best rugby league players ive ever seen.

COMMANDER said:
Slater
SBW
Inglis

and that's with respect to current players

sub SBW with Cam Smith

massive Paul gallen fan

disclaimer: cant stand slater and smith on the footy field but they are good

1 Brett Stewart
2 Matt Duffie
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Jarryd Hayne
6 Kieran Foran
7 DCE
8 Matt Scott
9 Matt Ballin
10 Sam Burgess
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Tariq Sims
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Jamie Buhrer
15 Darcy Lussick
16 Trent Merrin
17 Dave Taylor

DUFFMAN said:
We would have a crap team.
Storm, Roosters, Eels and Dogs would have the best of the best signed up.
We don't have the funds to match teams like that.
20 years ago we would sign anyone we wanted with the funds we had.
Yeah obviously. Just interested in opinions on who people would chop and change.

1 brett stewart
2 uate
3 jamie lyon
4 greg inglis
5 jarryd hayne
6 kerian foran
7 thurston
8 Matt scott
9 robbie farah
10 Tamou
11 watmough
12 stewart
13 gallen

14 jason king
15 tony williams
16 ben hannant
17 dave taylor

1. B. Stewart
2. W.Hopate
3. S. Matai
4. J. Lyon
5. J. Hayne
6. K. Foran
7. D. Cherry Evans
8. M. Scott
9. C. Smith
10. P. Gallen
11. A. Watmough
12. T. Sims
13. G. Stewart

14. T. Williams
15. J. Buhrer
16. S. Burgess
17. J. Tamou

If only...

1.B Stewart
2.Uate
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.Hopoate
6.Foran
7.DCE
8.Gallen
9.Ballin
10.Burgess
11.Watmough
12.T-Rex
13.G Stewart

14.Buhrer
15.King
16.Lussick
17.T Sims

Can't let go of Kingy, his Manly through and through. So he gets a couple of seasons more than Tamou, Woods or Grant come in

If there were no salary cap, what would people wear on their heads?

If there were no salary cap, David Gallop would have been fired a long time ago. Stripping premierships from the Melbourne Storm for no reason wouldn't have went down well.

If there was no salary cap Melbourne, Brisabne and Canterbury would play out each grand final. Others may get a look in now and then but any good player would be poached by the other sides.

No one else wuld get a chance.

Having said that the salary cap should be used in conjunction with a points system. (only my opinion.)

Im against a points system

I believe in a loyalty system where when players play for the same club for 7 years they are excluded from the salary cap altogether

bones said:
If there were no salary cap, David Gallop would have been fired a long time ago. Stripping premierships from the Melbourne Storm for no reason wouldn't have went down well.

I don't know about that. I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

eagle-rock08 said:
If there was no salary cap Melbourne, Brisabne and Canterbury would play out each grand final. Others may get a look in now and then but any good player would be poached by the other sides.

No one else wuld get a chance.

Having said that the salary cap should be used in conjunction with a points system. (only my opinion.)

Yep I'd agree with this...if there was no cap we might as well have a two tier competition.

Storm / Brisbane / Dogs...and whoever wins the second tier the year before.

They only play each other, continuously in a comp of just 4 sides, that also guarantees that TV always get top class games. There's no need for this "finding out at the last minute when a game is being played" as it can be decided 5 years in advance. It's Brisbane V Storm on Friday night and the second game is Buldogs V XXXX. Obviously they take all the Free to Air TV Spots so there's no need for Foxtel and Chanel 9 can pay One Billion a year for rights as they'll have the lot. Naturally the four in the top tier also take all the sponsorship dollars leaving the second tier sides to survive on chook raffles and the profits from the sausage sizzles they run at home games.

At the end of each year the winner of the second tier (also known as the "bottom dwellers") gets to play in the comp known as "the big league", this is considered a great honour as for 6 months the players can be considered "real players" of the game and get a huge bonus in match payments during this period.

The previous years winner drops back the bottom dwellers after completing a year in the "big league" and the next winner comes up to spend a year in the "big league", this is considered one of the greatest hionours in the game.

A new innovation is that the same team can't win the "bottom dwellers" comp two years in a row, this guarantees that a new team gets elevated to the "big league" every year.

Players in the "Big League" are on a minumum salary of one million dollars per annum but this can go higher, and often sparks a bidding war between the three "big league" clubs...why just last year Billy Seeyalater was offered an incredible $500K per game to move from the Storm to the Bronco's...AND he declined leaving fans wondering at how big the paper bags really were at Melbourne HQ.

Players in the "bottom dwellers" league get match payments of $500 a game and all have jobs.

The CEO of the game, now known as the "Rich Boys League" (or the short version RBL) is the previous CEO of what was once known as the NRL, yes the one and only David Gallop is in control again.

It's exciting times in the RBL, with mining magnates Clive Palmer backing the Bronco's, Nathan Tinkler backing the Bulldogs but the biggest of the lot Gina Reinhart backs the Melbourne Storm.

This years 4th team the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles won the "bottom dwellers cup" (also known as the BDC) last year and are doing a great job of putting it to the top teams.

Last week they actually scored a field goal against the current RBL leader the Clive Palmer Bronco's, but sadly for the long suffering Eagles fans the game was still lost 78-1.

But the Eagles fans can raise their heads this year as they have managed to score a try (yes just one), which is something that hasn't happened against any of the "big three" for over 5 years.

Current Bulldogs CEO Bod Greenturd has been sacked as a result of the shame caused by the letting in of the first try scored by a "bottom dweller" in over 5 years.

Investigations into the matter continue!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2