If Richies Out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Will king be available, he should be due back soon...... watching rose play in nsw cup...... was out played across the park, didnt even look like he wanted to be there, unless king is not ready , i can not see him back any time soon.. i may have missed this last night but did gower even get a run , or did tooves pull a des last night.

shouldn't have a case to answer for, shoulder met shoulder, Merritt did the same thing last week, penalty sufficient. Sandow has done 5 and not even been penalised. If they didnt clash heads I doubt the refs would have even noticed.

Slater knocks Witherstien into orbit and his shoulder did contact the head-no weeks.Richie makes no contact with head,accidental head clash.This will test the theory that the Grub is a protected species.

Will be an absolute disgrace if he gets time.I don't think even the Manly haters can mount a case here.The fact he left on a medicab should be irrelevant but who knows.

susan said:
Slater knocks Witherstien into orbit and his shoulder did contact the head-no weeks.Richie makes no contact with head,accidental head clash.This will test the theory that the Grub is a protected species.

Will be an absolute disgrace if he gets time.I don't think even the Manly haters can mount a case here.The fact he left on a medicab should be irrelevant but who knows.

Spot on Susan. Should not even be in report

susan said:
Richie makes no contact with head,accidental head clash.This will test the theory that the Grub is a protected species.

Phil Rothfield from the DT doesn't agree with you.

His mounting campaign to suspend Richie for two to four weeks is, as he writes "The usual suspects will slam me for suggesting the Manly forward has to be suspended.
I'd be looking at anything between two and four weeks."

The witch hunt has begun. They will have their witch.

Seems many of the people complaining the shoulder charge didn't need banning are now the same ones screaming out for every innocuous use of the shoulder by a tackler to get a life time ban.

I despise the general level of what passes for intelligence exhibited in RL discourse.

This from the SMH...."Richie Fa'aoso is set to avoid becoming the first NRL player charged with the new offence of making a shoulder charge - but the Manly forward could be booked for dangerous contact over the incident that left Ashley Harrison badly concussed.

Harrison had to be taken from the field during the first half of Gold Coast's 16-14 defeat of the Sea Eagles on Saturday night after a shoulder charge by Fa'aoso went wrong.

The Titans back-rower had passed the ball when Fa'aoso ran into him with his shoulder and the pair then clashed heads.

Gold Coast immediately appealed for Fa'aoso to be sent off, and Titans co-captain Greg Bird told referees Matt Cecchin and Luke Phillips that referees boss Daniel Anderson had ''made a massive statement on the shoulder charge at the start of the year".
Advertisement

After outlawing the shoulder charge this season, the NRL has introduced a range of tough penalties as a further deterrent, with a grade-one charge equating to a two-match ban and a grade-five charge carrying a suspension of eight games.

However, Fa'aoso is set to escape being booked for a shoulder charge as a player's upper arm or shoulder must come into contact with an opponent's head. If a player uses a shoulder charge, he should be penalised but faces no further action unless he makes contact with the rival's head.

Instead, the NRL match-review committee will decide on Monday whether to charge Fa'aoso with dangerous contact as an illegal play resulted in Harrison being knocked out.

The penalty is not as severe as a shoulder charge because a grade-one dangerous-contact charge usually equates to a one-match ban.

A similar incident last season in which Newcastle forward Kyle O'Donnell was knocked out after a head clash with South Sydney's Sam Burgess that resulted from a shoulder charge sparked debate about whether the Englishman should be held accountable, but officials were powerless to act."

They can't get him for a shoulder charge so they go looking for something else to pin on him...
Do these idiots seriously believe Ritchie premeditatedly decided to take Harrison out with his head. It was an ACCIDENTAL head clash you morons.

Tbh, I think the dangerous contact charge is fair enough. While the head clash was clearly accidental, it was the result of a play that contravenes the rules. I wouldn't be happy if he was suspended for the shoulder charge but I think this potential charge is reasonable. We'd be livid if someone did the same thing to one of our players.

firechild said:
Tbh, I think the dangerous contact charge is fair enough. While the head clash was clearly accidental, it was the result of a play that contravenes the rules. I wouldn't be happy if he was suspended for the shoulder charge but I think this potential charge is reasonable. We'd be livid if someone did the same thing to one of our players.

Agree but it raises the obvious question.What about Slater?His actually DID hit the guy in the head and he was knocked senseless for a few moments. yet no weeks with a plea.A grade one shoulder charge is supposed to be 2 weeks which is more severe than most contact charges as a deterrent. Must be different for the Grub.

I have a feeling the scapegoat moment has arrived to draw a line in the sand and Richie will be perfect because,as we know,everyone hates Manly.2-4 weeks will not surprise.

If they do decide that 2-4 weeks is the penalty for a late tackle I imagine we can count on the judiciary to hand out the same penalty for this offence consistently, regardless of who the player is or the club he plays for......yeah right.....

c eagle said:
Will king be available, he should be due back soon...... watching rose play in nsw cup...... was out played across the park, didnt even look like he wanted to be there, unless king is not ready , i can not see him back any time soon.. i may have missed this last night but did gower even get a run , or did tooves pull a des last night.

According to the Sea Eagles injury update he should of been available for round 3

So Chris Sandow shoulder charges someone last week and they drop the ball, Souths pick up fumble and score try. No problem. Richie shoulder charges someone this week and they bump heads. Possible suspension. That makes perfect sense.

Surely a defense team (if required) would use footage of the Slater and Sandow incidents to argue a case.

The NRL opened the can of worms after the Inglis shot on Young.
They had the perfect opportunity to deter the use of the shoulder charge by rubbing him out for 5-6 weeks - that would be deterrent enough - but they went soft.

I reckon you could ask anybody which was worse, Inglis' would come out way in front.

They "banned" it but we've seen probably 10 in the first three rounds.

Sandow, Merritt, Slater have all put them on but with penalty sufficient -because no one got hurt.
Merritt's was the worst of the lot in my opinion and cost the Sharks a try, so could've been a sin bin for a professional foul (as it's now an illegal play ), but penalty sufficient.

Unfortunately Richie was the first big guy to do one and someone got hurt even though the head clash was accidental, so they'll set an example of him unfortunately I reckon.
They'll come up with something like "dangerous and late contact of a player not in possession of the ball" to get around any specifics that may be challenged based on prior incidents.

This will be their line in the sand moment.

This is ****ing bull****!!! So every head clash is going to be charged this year?????

Wtf was skaters shoulder to the head then????

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4