If Only........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
If only we could start with this team in 2017!! Just saying.....

TOM T
J TAUFUA
P HIKU
D WALKER
A UATE
C GUTHERSON
DCE

D LUSSICK
M PARCELL
AFB
M TAUPAU
J BUHRER
JAKE T

RES:
A KOROISAU
W MEEHAN
B LAWRENCE
S VAVE

L KNIGHT
J HOPOATE
B PARKER
B WILIAME
N GREEN
T WRIGHT
M WRIGHT

Gutherson is a horrible 5/8, sure he looks good in attack but his defence in horrible easily the worst defensive 5/8 in the comp IMO. He is the cause of the 2nd most linebreaks in the NRL that's how bad his defence is. But he is a great centre and winger and that is where he belongs 5/8 not his spot.

Also no to Hiku - added far better utility backup than we have in 2016, but I watched plenty of early Penrith games when he was in the lineup & his defence was cut to ribbons 2-3 times EVERY game while playing centre - too slow for wing & T Turbo is a no brainer at fullback.......

No, I agree with Turbo and Maxta. Also we have signed (not announced) Blake Green for the halves and are after Gilett, Nelson Asofa-Solomona and possibly James Roberts. I reckon we should hunt down Manu Mau if Gillett doesn't sign. We wouldn't have enough to sign all players below, but these are the possibilities. Anyway our team should end up like this...
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Tafua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Steve Matai / James Roberts (if signed, if not then Williame)
5. Matt Wright / Uate (hopefully we don't waste money on him)
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fonua Blake
11. Martin Tapau
12. Matt Gillett (if signed)
13. Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Nelson Asofa Solomona (if signed)
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Siosia Vave / Willis Meehan

Backups...
Liam Knight (good future)
Apisai Korisau
Nate Myles (can't really see him outside the start up team but he deserves not to be there)
Blake Leary (good future)
and some more...

Last edited by a moderator:
A weak link or two in defence is soul destroying but could Gutho fix up his defence? Mitchel Moses amazed me with his defence the other day and it shows some traits are not set in concrete. I like Guthos and Moses attitude but Hiku I can't quite figure out.

No, I agree with Turbo and Maxta. Also we have signed (not announced) Blake Green for the halves and are after Gilett, Nelson Asofa-Solomona and possibly James Roberts. I reckon we should hunt down Manu Mau if Gillett doesn't sign. We wouldn't have enough to sign all players below, but these are the possibilities. Anyway our team should end up like this...
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Tafua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Steve Matai / James Roberts (if signed, if not then Williame)
5. Matt Wright / Uate (hopefully we don't waste money on him)
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fonua Blake
11. Martin Tapau
12. Matt Gillett (if signed)
13. Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Nelson Asofa Solomona (if signed)
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Siosia Vave

Backups...
Liam Knight (good future)
Apisai Korisau
Nate Myles (can't really see him outside the start up team but he deserves not to be there)
Blake Leary (good future)
and some more...
I agree greatly with this except Vave is gone I believe and Meehan could be great. I struggle to see Leary being a great player but I hope I am wrong. What do you like about Leary?

I agree greatly with this except Vave is gone I believe and Meehan could be great. I struggle to see Leary being a great player but I hope I am wrong. What do you like about Leary?
Oh I forgot Meehan, he is going to be great for us, the perfect player to fill vave's spot should he leave. I don't know with Leary, i just see that he's one of those players that gives his all every week and is a bit underated, he can be a stabilizer in the way he doesn't come on with impact but does do his job and rarely makes mistakes, very consistent. Can't see Leary making starting team just yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Faders scored 8 or 9 tries against us. We do not need any more defensively suspect backs. Suggesting Gutherson, Uate, is preposterous.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4