If Manly were not the beneficiary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I'm convinced Gallop hates us.  Therefore, if we were not to benefit, say it was the Dragons in our position, I think we'd see some different decisions:

1.  A greater chance of the Premiership being awarded to the runners up.
2.  If the above is controversial, the minor premiership is far more clear cut.  There is little doubt that if Melbourne are stripped on points in 2007&8 we are minir premiers both years.  Thus we should be entitled to the $200k prizemoney for those years.  But no, it gets equally shared between 15 clubs.  This is a farce.

I agree with Gallop, especially on the Premiership.  The MP I see more sense in awarding that to us but definately not the Premiership.  Who the fark wants a Premiership we did not actually win?  It would be stupidy to do so.  The Olympic example is completely different to the NRL premiership which is run over 20 + weeks. 

I think minor premiership should revert to the second place but fact is we lost that grand final and nothing will change that

I'll take the Premiership.  Bugger them.  It'd make up for sitting through one of the worst nights of my life (hey Ryan?)

I dont want Parra to get one though :p

It would be hollow to get a premiership two years later and we didn't actually win it. I would have huge problems in Parra getting it to as had Melbourne not been there, we had the potential last year to go deep into the semis and who knows what might have happened??

Minor Premiership though should go to the teams that were second on the ladder - us in 2007 and 2008.

Could any Manly fan imagine going around and saying 'yeah, 2007 and 2008 back to back!' and really believing it?  Maybe, but not me. 

Minor premiership is best to go to the second placed team, but i also agree that each team was fcked by the Storm so should get equal share.

Manly was by far the team most affected.  But for the Storm, two of the three minor premierships would have gone to Manly and one of the two premierships. 

Another thought - what about the poor teams that finished 9th in each of those years?  They just missed out on the play-offs because another team cheated.

Do we go back and replay the semifinals with teams 9 - 2 for those years?  A little ludicrous if you ask me.

We didn't win the premiership so just take it from Melbourne and let sleeping dogs lie.

I note that Steve Mortimer (formerly of the Dogs that came in as CEO just after 2002 debacle) says that the storm should not lose their premierships nor lose future points this year.

The only thing about being awarded the premiership is that it would add one more to our total. (not a bad thing though)

Wont change the fact we lost on the day, or be excited as if we'd actually won it.

Really who gives a stuff about Minor Premierships.......

Buzz reckons there is a rumour they are going to move on a Sydney club. Maybe they aren't awarding it cause either us or the Eeels are also under major suspicion?

Roosters for mine.  They have had a smell about them for the past decade and share some personnel with the Storm.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6