If Lyon plays, we beat the Dogs!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
Lyon is the key pivot, crucial that he is named and plays. Walker goes into the centre, and hopefully we have the luxury of Parcell for utility value.

I don't think the Dogs are anything special, and being at home, I'm expecting a nice win.

If Lyon doesn't play, put the cue in the rack, can't see us winning with Walker in the halves.

Sorry but I don't think we will be winning regardless of who is 5/8. We have a lot more problems than walker at 6. Every team now knows you can shut down DCE and you shut down us. Parra did that last week. And our pack is going to have to play as good as it ever has to beat the dogs. Can't see us winning but it will be close as you said digs are nothing special but they do no how to win ugly. We need M Taupau to stand up. For us to win M Taupau MOTM.

I, too, thin we have a really good chance now that Jamie is back. Our defence has improved markedly and our forwards are firing. Containing the Dogs' forwards has been a problem for us in recent seasons but our pack is now big and tough enough to do the job. Fatsiano is their forward I most fear.
I'm tipping a win by a small margin.

Sorry but I don't think we will be winning regardless of who is 5/8. We have a lot more problems than walker at 6. Every team now knows you can shut down DCE and you shut down us. Parra did that last week. And our pack is going to have to play as good as it ever has to beat the dogs. Can't see us winning but it will be close as you said digs are nothing special but they do no how to win ugly. We need M Taupau to stand up. For us to win M Taupau MOTM.
Shut down DCE when Walker is at 5/8 and yeah, our attacking options are limited at best...

With Killer at 5/8, they need to shut them BOTH down to limit our attack.

But yeah we need a platform set by Kapow and Darcy and co for them to work with..

It's an away game.

My apologies, yes it is.... you have proven us QLDers have 2 heads Bones ha... Still like our team, Parcell and Myles would sure up the game, but I'm confident with our team structure, especially with Brown on the bench for cover.

Lyon is a big plus for us, means the defense cannot just stack on DCE.

Also dogs are poor at the moment, struggled last week and got flogged.

I see this game as very winnable on the last month's form.

Regardless of whether Lyon plays or not, Walker's continued selection at 5/8 would confirm Barrett's double digit IQ.

Apart from Blake Green, lets hope we are looking to add to our 5/8 depth for next year. Unless we purchase another centre who can play 5/8 we are going to be in exactly the same position if Green goes down injured.
Surely with Lyon and Mateo gone we will have a few bucks up our sleeves.

I'm sure the club has it's feelers out
A Reynolds wants out of the Bunnies.... He'd be a fantastic option.

Then run Green at centre. Or reserve grade.

I think they're saving their pennies for a big name forward and a couple of outside back.

Hoping the forward is Taumalolo. We made a play for him in 2015. He's under contract for 1 more year - but that's how we got Tapau.... Imagine those 2 together.

Taumalolo would be a great edition although I must say I've been very impressed with how our forwards have been going. The possibility of either, Meehan, Knight or Hopoate to add to our current squad is something I look forward too.

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of talented backs off contract in 2017 and in all honesty I don't know enough about the lower grades to even suggest any names. I'm hoping Matai returns because I think our backline will need his experience, especially if we lose both Lyon and Stewart.

If Lyon had played last week we win. It takes so much pressure off DCE, it creates greater attacking threats that the defensive line has to contend with, it moves Walker into centre and Brown out of the starting side and onto the bench.

One this I have noticed with Barrett, he seems to wait until the all clear from the medical staff regarding bringing back injured players. Giving Lyon that extra week, and not risking Parcell might prove to be instrumental, if we are to go anywhere after tomorrow night. Ferris came back 100%, and although Turbo has a crook ankle, and surly getting needled up, it show its not as bad as it seems, and the medical staff seem to be on the ball.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4