If I'm slammed for this - I'll quit this forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
its going to take a mighty effort from guess who?
our forwards today
no perry
no rodney - who imo is a very big loss; he's the unsung hero of our side
we all know the roosters will be up for this one coming off 3 losses
I reckon we're going to go down
I can't see us:
A. having the personnel fully fit and on the park - ie Watmough
B. having the ability mentally to lift to the required intensity level to win

This game is no different to any other game this year. If we turn up with the right attitude we will win. We have a better team than the roosters, we have more experience than the roosters, but do we have more passion than the roosters? This will be the determining factor today.

You may not get slammed for whats in the thread. The title is a different story.

I picked Manly but I wouldn't be surprised if we get flogged. Injuries are killing us.

No need to quit , just find a bit of belief and get behind the boys.

The result will take care of itself, the only thing we can control is the  belief in our side. Once you've lost that your pushing the proverbial uphill, and you will continue to  see the glass as half empty.

Baz, this game has me worried as well. And rightly so.

Just heard that Choc is playing today so that's a help.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Farrar in as a late inclusion.

There is no doubt we are up against it with our injuries but the Roosters dont have much ticker eg Carney, Pearce and Anasta who are all front runners.

We will have the best player on the field in Jamie Lyon.

The Roosters have just about the worst three quarter line in the comp, compare there centres Leilua and SKD to Matai and Lyon.

I reckon their pack consists of one decent player, Nate Myles, with Jake Friend being a very good hooker. Ryles will give us a chance at winning the penalties for a change. Then they have 2 backs in the pack, Aubusson and Anasta and an up and comer Masoe with Frank Paul the only impact bench player the have.

If we get a good start we will win, they have over achieved with the players they have this year.

If its going to happen for us in 2010 it has to start today.

BD, SKD is definitely one to be watched.
Aubisson is another chook that can tear us apart if he's not contained.
It's a massive ask but we can do it. I'm confident at very least that Des will have the boys full of fire.

I made mention in another thread that Chris Bailey has to stand up.  It's now or never for him; he's fresh and he should be up for a big one.

The only guys in our pack that should be tired are Choc, Gift and Ballin.  The rest have only being playing 40 minutes each week.

No excuses.

WAMF link said:
BD, SKD is definitely one to be watched.
Aubisson is another chook that can tear us apart if he's not contained.
It's a massive ask but we can do it. I'm confident at very least that Des will have the boys full of fire.

I watch every game every week,SKD is a cat with a high error rate, yes he has speed but very bad hands and a huge defensive error rate.

Aubusson is back playing in the forwards, a solid player at best. Can you give me some examples of him tearing teams apart I must of missed those games. He is a very good defender, he is in the Beau Scott mould to my eyes.

hoping for a big win today,as the publican at my local is a mad rooter supporter and after watching the mudgee sides win all 3 grades today i will be of to the pub to watch the eagles have a quick feed of chicken sandwiches

Stop worrying you people we are specials. The Roosters are over blown overated hacks. Ryles is the biggest idiot in the game he will be easy to bait. Their halves are hit and miss their centers are rocks or diamonds. Today they will be rocks. If JWH plays then watch out for a Matai/Choc special that will send him into orbit. Do you think their outside backs are going to be able to stop T Rex...No way. Manly by 12

Chooks by 30

hate saying it, but.........they've lost 3 on the trot. there playing at home. big crowd sunday arvo

we won last week....and we're playing away

Mybludog link said:
Chooks by 30

hate saying it, but.........they've lost 3 on the trot. there playing at home. big crowd sunday arvo

I hope that isnt the case as we need to win this game, we can't finish in 7th or 8th!!!!  We have a very good record against the Chooks, if we turn up with the right attitude we can win.

I didn't rate our chances, but I had a ****ing barnstormer of a night last night so we could be in with a fair shot today i think, the weekend has been that good Manly has to top it off

Also, stats seem to be a hard thing to break, and our record against the Chooks is like what Canberra have v Saints

torana355 link said:
[quote author=Mybludog link=topic=184891.msg287979#msg287979 date=1283043831]
Chooks by 30

I hope that isnt the case as we need to win this game, we can't finish in 7th or 8th!!!!  We have a very good record against the Chooks, if we turn up with the right attitude we can win.
[/quote]

I take my comment back i think we need to finish 7th or we will be playing the Panthers in the first game of the finals, i MUCH rather play the Tigers!!!  Lose against the Roosters and a win against the Doggies could work nicely!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4