If I ran the NRL.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
I would encourage young players to NOT employ the services of a manager to negotiate a contract, and use their fee in another way. I would love to see something like this happen....

Each club has an internal person employed to help players come to a contract agreement. The agreement is as simplistic and transparent as possible so all parties can easily understand all that is required to see the contract through. In our case, I'd like to see Kingy given the role once he hangs up the boots. I'm not sure which direction his Law expertise takes, but a simple contract agreement is probably within his capabilities. It would be great to keep him at the club after he retires. His role could expand into helping players with 3rd party deals.

Say a player, for arguments sake, DCE wants to play for Manly and Manly wants him here. Now, lets say he agrees to $400k per year. A manager may take 10% of that as his fee. Rather than pay this $40k to a manager....imagine if the player actually gave it back to the club to invest in a younger player. If we could use that $40k to invest the time etc into a young bloke, and keep him at the club, we are investing in our future. Imagine a whole team willing to dice their managers and reinvest their managers cut back into the club! A small % from each players 10% could also go towards paying the salary for the newly created role for Kingy.

The salary cap would still stand and be adhered to. Nothing changes there.

The players would be losing nothing. They would still be on the same money they would have been getting anyway. Managers would not be there to manipulate the media and create tensions between players by "leaking" stories to try and bolster their own income. The club would be financially better off and have more chance of keeping young talent here.

The players are happy, the clubs are happy, the young talent is happy so the fans would be happy which in turn should make the NRL happy.

Well, it'll never happen I guess so it doesn't matter....but jeez I'd love to know if it would be possible, and if so, I'd love Manly to be the team to adopt it first.

If I ran in the NRL, I would run, really fast away from the big boppers

Dan said:
If I ran in the NRL, I would run, really fast away from the big boppers

First thing i would do is sack Todd Fartberg, restoring a small amount of integrity to the NRL leadership :)

Then i would immediately employ a core group of intelligent people to work directly underneath me. Majority of this group would not be ex NRL players, they would be smart people. A few select, smart ex NRL players would be there, purely for input into rules, interpretations etc

There seems to be widespread stupidity in the NRL nowadays. Like just dumb management with secret bias towards certain clubs. From administration to the referees to the media to the fans too. I am yet to realise if it is because the game attracts idiots like a magnet or whether Australians in general are just stupid (and i say that as an Australian).

I'd let the highest placed grand final team pick their own referees. Anyone but Shame Hayne of course for us.

I'd introduce the death sentence for certain infringements e.g. late tackle on a Manly player, being Shane Hayne, obvious anti Manly bias by commentators, supporting Souths, suggesting the GF should not be held at Brookvale, being Cameron Smith or suggesting the supreme commander of the NRL was in any way corrupt.
I would also get rid of the judiciary and introduce an NRL tribunal loosely based on the Spanish Inquisition.
Refereeing blunders could be curtailed by summary execution of the offender at the end of each match, their head being placed on a spike outside NRL headquarters as a warning to others.....

Lord Eagleton said:
Then i would immediately employ a core group of intelligent people to work directly underneath me.

Lucky for you there are plenty of Ironstines areound here to choose from.

Lovely sentiment. In an ideal world there wouldn't be any lawyers. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world so consequently we have lawyers, player managers and real estate agents.

Chip and Chase said:
Lovely sentiment. In an ideal world there wouldn't be any lawyers. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world so consequently we have lawyers, player managers and real estate agents.

And telemarketers.

As for stripping in a corporate box @Masked Eagle

I think Todd already does for Dave up there (or probably vice versa...)

If I ran the NRL/club, you would all be part of my administration. Some top ideas here! :p :D

Plus....none of you wombats would even notice while I squirrel away all those 10%'s into an off shore account and retire to my own tropical island, because you would still be staring at the strippers, trying to find ironstines, bribe refs etc, etc.

Sadly, after I have absconded with all the cash, and left you Marx Brothers inspired lunatics to completely lay waste to the NRL...it would still be running smoother and more successfully than it has in years. Hahaha!! :D

First and foremost revoke the licence of the filthy purple scum.
Secondly sack Shayne Hayne.
Thirdly share Friday night games equally across all teams
Fourth grant licenses to a 2nd Brisbane team, Adelaide, Perth, Central Qld and a 2nd one in New Zealand on the South Island.

Stuff Melbourne, who cares about that **** hole of a city anyway.

Ralphie said:
Fourth grant licenses to a 2nd Brisbane team, Adelaide, Perth, Central Qld and a 2nd one in New Zealand on the South Island.

Stuff Melbourne, who cares about that ... hole of a city anyway.

I'd vote for you Ralphie, just to get a team in CQ. :p

I would frog march Rooster Hayne out of the NRL.
I would frog march Greenturd out of the NRL.
I would come down hard on Melbourne every time they introduce another injury inspired new tackle.

Ralphie said:

Stuff Melbourne, who cares about that ... hole of a city anyway.

As a South Aussie who is getting shafted big time be Nein's coverage....you get my vote.

mozgrame said:
If I ran the NRL/club, you would all be part of my administration. Some top ideas here! :p :D

Plus....none of you wombats would even notice while I squirrel away all those 10%'s into an off shore account and retire to my own tropical island, because you would still be staring at the strippers, trying to find ironstines, bribe refs etc, etc.

Sadly, after I have absconded with all the cash, and left you Marx Brothers inspired lunatics to completely lay waste to the NRL...it would still be running smoother and more successfully than it has in years. Hahaha!! :D

Once you're in charge, come see me, I have some inside knowledge of Philippino gold hidden away and I'm looking for partners to help retrieve it. Tunksy, Roberts' etc tried to get it in the 90s, but failed.

Shoe1 said:
mozgrame said:

Once you're in charge, come see me, I have some inside knowledge of Philippino gold hidden away and I'm looking for partners to help retrieve it. Tunksy, Roberts' etc tried to get it in the 90s, but failed.

I'd love to be involved in such a sure fire get rich quick scheme mate, but all my money is tied up in ostriches. Once I disappear with my ill gotten gains, some very friendly PNG natives have promised to sell me an old gold mine in the highlands. They reckon it's still loaded with gold (haha! those poor saps) The rest of the money I'll send to my 2 online wives- to- be...1 in the Ukraine and 1 in Africa. They have promised to come to Australia once I deposit enough funds into their accounts. Then it's off to PNG to start my harem and live a life of complete luxury!!

Hey.....what do you know about diet tea??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4