If I hear that the result of tonight is not relevant I will....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I cant believe I keep reading the garbage on here and other places(eg Zorba) that tonight is going to be a huge game but there is not much relevance to the result.

The result is huge.Lose tonight and we will very likely run third as the crowd and men in pink will make it almost impossible next week.

The difference between 2nd and 3rd is enormous.You lose a guaranteed second chance and a valuable week off which leaves one win to make the GF.It is only a matter of time before the loser of 3v6 exits week 1 and Id rather not take that chance with the comp so tight this year.The loser of the 4v5 match seems to get kicked out all the time as we have found out.

As for this garbage that we will be keeping stuff up our sleeve - what a joke.The result is extremely important tonight and I can't remember many big games that were won on trick moves etc.They are won with surging forward packs,great defence and good execution.The only thing different we did in 08 in the GF to the game we lost in the normal rounds was execute better.The brookie game gave them confidence that we were so close we only needed to improve slightly.

Every coach knows you need to beat Melbourne up the middle with power forward play to beat the wrestle and then work their edges(partciularly champion) after they are on the back foot.They love showing teams the sideline when they are dominating the ruck.The weak sides always take the bait.Des is no different-beat them in tight and we win(which we will),set plays rarely work and are way overrated in big games. No magic tricks,no ducks and drakes-bash them and win.

Most important game we've played this year. I am of the same opinion with regard to the Bronco's game, we will penalised out of the game. Brisbane losing is'nt in the script. They want Lockyer sent out a winner. A win tonight is crucial.

It's a BIG game and we DO need to win, we need to be second coming into next weks game with no pressure

Agree Susan.

"Vincent Lombardi
Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Ask Saints Fans what Games they were happy to have their Team lose.

ure right ridgepipe. However when we talk about second place keep in mind brisbane are no certs this sunday :)

Good point Cam - but I really want Brissie to win on the weekend so the Souffs love affair is put to bed

see wheel i would rather see Souths finish 8th and knock melbourne off week 1 of the finals :)

I think it would really hype up the final series all the bandwagoners out of the woodwork

Yes it will be interesting to see how we perform tonight. Will know whether we need to get excited about that first weekend in October after full time tonight. We need Choc and T- Rex really punching through that LH fringe, Champion should be the target. Big kick chase required tonight as well, and if someone can smash that grub Slater (Stevie I'm looking at you !) then happy days. Time for our pack to stand up and dominate.

susan said:
I cant believe I keep reading the garbage on here and other places(eg Zorba) that tonight is going to be a huge game but there is not much relevance to the result.

The result is huge.Lose tonight and we will very likely run third as the crowd and men in pink will make it almost impossible next week.

The difference between 2nd and 3rd is enormous.You lose a guaranteed second chance and a valuable week off which leaves one win to make the GF.It is only a matter of time before the loser of 3v6 exits week 1 and Id rather not take that chance with the comp so tight this year.The loser of the 4v5 match seems to get kicked out all the time as we have found out.

As for this garbage that we will be keeping stuff up our sleeve - what a joke.The result is extremely important tonight and I can't remember many big games that were won on trick moves etc.They are won with surging forward packs,great defence and good execution.The only thing different we did in 08 in the GF to the game we lost in the normal rounds was execute better.The brookie game gave them confidence that we were so close we only needed to improve slightly.

Every coach knows you need to beat Melbourne up the middle with power forward play to beat the wrestle and then work their edges(partciularly champion) after they are on the back foot.They love showing teams the sideline when they are dominating the ruck.The weak sides always take the bait.Des is no different-beat them in tight and we win(which we will),set plays rarely work and are way overrated in big games. No magic tricks,no ducks and drakes-bash them and win.

I wouldn't call peoples opinions "garbage" but I guess that's your opinion :)

Of course we have to dominate them in the forwards as do all teams that wish to win. But, there will be a game plan, whatever that may be and there will be a huge lift in intensity as really our final series start tonight!! I cannot wait!!!

SO long as the refs let G Stewart & S Matai play hard footy.

I'm sick of refs pulling out penalties for not square at marker or inside 10m whenever Manly hit hard in tackles.

You watch any NRL game and you will see it whenever a player hits hard, especially when a team is trying to work the ball of their own try line.

susan said:
The loser of the 4v5 match seems to get kicked out all the time as we have found out.

It has happened all of 2 times since the introduction of the current finals system. We just happened to be one of the unlucky 2 (along with the Dragqueens).

Agree it's very important we win & keep 2nd spot, as i have a $500 bet made at the beginning of the year with a bronco supporter we'd finish above them on the ladder.Please don't let the decision be made at suncorp if we lose tonight.

Brissie Kid said:
SO long as the refs let G Stewart & S Matai play hard footy.

I'm sick of refs pulling out penalties for not square at marker or inside 10m whenever Manly hit hard in tackles.

You watch any NRL game and you will see it whenever a player hits hard, especially when a team is trying to work the ball of their own try line.

Refs put their whistles away for the most part in finals which is why I'm not too worried about the nit picky penalties we give away.

As for what Susan said to start this thread off. Said pretty much the same thing in another thread. Extremely important game. The only person who will say the result didn't matter is the losing coach tonight.

We NEED TO WIN this game . 2 more games to go before the semis and now is the time to hit top form and momentum towards the big game in septmember

*sees button, pushes it*

Tonight's result is not relevant

It's still possible to win the premiership from 3rd place. As much as I want (and expect) Manly to win tonight, I won't be slitting my wrists and thinking we are gone if they lose. We lost to Melbourne both times in 08 and still beat. Them in the GF. There's no reason it can't be done again.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4